BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

The question is is it progress? To me it seems to be 1 step forward 1 step back. Right team out there IMO and the breaking of the will-Lowe partnership suggests he's learning. Then he goes and goofs it with one of the worst tactical substitutions ever...

It's better than the constant steps back we've had but is it enough?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley are going up. Second best team in the Championship. Rovers have Premiership attitude - fur coat and no knickers

We have no attitude and too much respect for any other team

Can't believe people are calling for his head. Don't get me wrong, today has been awful but Jesus Christ. :blink:

Look at how far we've come since last year... battling relegation with the worst squad I've ever seen, to banging to drum outside the play-offs. The squad isn't half bad either.

Give him another season at least as we're still in a transition phase.

• Moderation Lead

He's been prick teasing us all season, well, now his failings have hampered the last two results, and, in effect written off our season, he needs to man up and accept criticism deservedly coming his way.

Not good enough, it's that simple.

• Backroom

Can't believe people are calling for his head. Don't get me wrong, today has been awful but Jesus Christ. :blink:

Look at how far we've come since last year... battling relegation with the worst squad I've ever seen, to banging to drum outside the play-offs. The squad isn't half bad either.

The league has got worse, how many points better off are we?

For me I wouldn't sack him he's just played part in one of the most painful losses I recall but now let's see how he can recover and motivate the players

Just bring in someone with a tactical brain to help please

The question is is it progress? To me it seems to be 1 step forward 1 step back. Right team out there IMO and the breaking of the will-Lowe partnership suggests he's learning. Then he goes and goofs it with one of the worst tactical substitutions ever...

It's better than the constant steps back we've had but is it enough?

he was alogical appointment at the time but now given what we are trying and HAVE to achieve to prevent us from going to the wall he is looking inadequate IMo.

tactically leaves alot to be desired and with Feeney being jhis 19th signing of the season i am seriously question his ability to recognise talent. His signings all smack of mediocrity with very few cutting it consistently and some having already been shown the door. Feeney, varney, Conway, Taylor, Judge,Marshall, Marrow,...just extra bodies for my money but never going to get us promoted.

When all the loanees come back in Summer i am struggling to work out whether we have ''had a right go'' or just p1sssed more money up the wall. We have not improved our quality or our cost saving and are firmly stuck in no mans land.

Question marks over GB i have to say

Sorry but I disagree Scotch. I base this on week after week of watching tripe and tactical decisions based on goodness knows what. I hear many rovers fans talking about "transition", maybe I am blind to what this means in terms of what we are transitioning into because what I see from our so called leadership frightens me.

I am desperate for Rovers to do well, to win and go back up but all I can see is my club slowing dying in front of my eyes.

Same points as last season ,someone said so how is this better ?

Dyche out psyches GB again.

He made 2 game changing substitutions again.

The relentless philosophy he preaches meant they were mentally tougher than Rovers today. The shackell goal was an exact replica of last seasons goal and shoiws we have not learnt to defend that ball inswinging on to the penalty spot.

All in all they wanted it more.

Best of luck to Burnley, Probably not their bext performances in the last few derbies but their mental strength shone through and Ings never gave up running all day.

I question whether GB has it in him to deliver the consistency Dyche has achieved but injuries to King, Cairney, Marshall and Kilgallon have certainly upset the team recently and Dyche has not suffered such problems at all this season

I still think we should stick with GB but he still has a lot to prove tactically and as a motivator.

Bowyers take on it

Blackburn Rovers manager Gary Bowyer:

"We're hugely disappointed to have lost. I thought it was harsh, but in football it is fine margins. Jordan Rhodes goes through one on one and hits the post.

"We are disappointed with the two goals we have conceded. My criticism of the side is that we have conceded two goals and the manner of the two goals.

"They [burnley] are second in the league - you think they will get automatic promotion. That is what comes from having a settled squad like they do. It is something we have been working to and working very hard.

"My lads have to keep going. We have go again. People will probably write us off, but that is not the right thing to do. It is important we finish as strongly as we possibly can."

hugely disappointed!, tell that to the fans face to face

"That is what comes from having a settled squad like they do. It is something we have been working to and working hard" - honestly thats beyond belief to come out and say that.

The league has got worse, how many points better off are we?

For me I wouldn't sack him he's just played part in one of the most painful losses I recall but now let's see how he can recover and motivate the players

Just bring in someone with a tactical brain to help please

No.

Not going to happen but we need a manager not a confused, muddled set up.

Bowyer can go back to being a coach or developing the kids.

I'm convinced he was about to put Williamson on when they scored their second goal. He took his bottoms off to warm up and was looking towards the bench appearing to be waiting for the nod.

In my opinion we will tread water whilst Bowyer is in charge. There is lots of evidence this year to suggest he is out of his depth and I really don't see how another season will make him a better tactician. I also see a few similarities between Bowyer and Kean.

If the league was as strong as last season we'd be pretty much as worse off.

I was willing to give him a chance till the end of the season but seeing as our seasons pretty much over, I'd be happy to see someone more experienced as manager.

Of course the Raos will probably replace him with guy who mows the grass, but I can't see how we are progressing under Bowyer. He's got some decent young players in but doesn't seem to know how to use them effectively.

Problem is, we sack him and replace him with who exactly?

We're still in a half decent position in the table, even after today's shocker, as well as there being a chance of play-off football, albeit very minor. If the lot in Pune sack him, it's up there with the Allardyce sacking. I can also see us struggling to find a half decent manager too. Who on earth would want to work for Venkies, after another crap time to sack someone? Answer- Has been managers like Paul Jewell and Owen Coyle.

I favour getting someone in to help. Sacking him just isn't an option with our owners' image in the world of football management.

Building for next season? What we're watching is a stranded whale in it's death throws. It shouldn't have got into those waters in the first place. It needed expert guidance from the moment it started veering towards those waters, but it wasn't forthcoming.

There's plenty who we could replace him with, I don't think that's the issue. I think the issue is that Shaw hasn't a clue when it comes to appointing a manager and the loons have even less of a clue.

If we still had Williams and co, Kean, Berg, Appleton and Bowyer wouldn't have been anywhere near the job.

Problem is, we sack him and replace him with who exactly?

We're still in a half decent position in the table, even after today's shocker, as well as there being a chance of play-off football, albeit very minor. If the lot in Pune sack him, it's up there with the Allardyce sacking. I can also see us struggling to find a half decent manager too. Who on earth would want to work for Venkies, after another crap time to sack someone? Answer- Has been managers like Paul Jewell and Owen Coyle.

I favour getting someone in to help. Sacking him just isn't an option with our owners' image in the world of football management.

I don't think DOF roles work myself. If someone's good enough to tell the manager how to do his job, he should be in the job in my opinion.

Archived