BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

The problem for me is that we're now 7 months into the season and he still hasn't got a clue as to what his best 11 is. He's chopping and changing them every week and signing players to replace ones he's already signed. Look at Burnley today, yes they've been lucky with injuries but they never change their starting 11.

Bowyer is a coach, not a manager. It's as clear as day.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's still making the same mistakes but today he did it at home, against a team in second place, who have the best strike force in the league, who happen to be our biggest rivals.

And we've got a makeshift defence. Just suicidal tactics.

Absolute idiotic to believe we can sit back and defend for a full half.

The problem for me is that we're now 7 months into the season and he still hasn't got a clue as to what his best 11 is. He's chopping and changing them every week and signing players to replace ones he's already signed. Look at Burnley today, yes they've been lucky with injuries but they never change their starting 11.

Bowyer is a coach, not a manager. It's as clear as day.

Yeah, I could have told you what Burnley's team would be today, no idea what our team would be.

He should never have been given the job in the first place.

Unfortunately, the pathetic mediocrity under Bowyer appears far better than it really is due to the shambles that preceded it.

Time to get a real manager in. We should be in the play-offs this year considering our squad, it's far superior than what the doom-mongers suggest.

Alas, probably too late. We're screwed from now on. Time for the financial problems to bite.

Thanks Venkys.

I agree with the previous few posts. Bowyer should never have had this job. Having been offered it he had to accept it but, for me, he has continually proved himself unaware of how to organise this team, to select a consistent and effective team, or to positively influence games through tactical changes or substitutions.

I believe Bowyer is being consistently out-thought by opposition managers during the game. I don't think he is up to the job. As simple as that. Our owners have consistently made mistakes with their managerial appointments and Bowyer was one of them.

Crawl through to the end of the season then say thanks and back to your role with the youths/reserves.

I say sack him. It's not just the game today but the other mistakes leading up to it. Add to that points lost for the same mistakes earlier in the season and it's clearly not working. I've seen it time and time again a manager do okay, not learn from their own errors then gradually decline further and further.

The changing room must be lower than it's ever been as well.

I'm a Rovers fan not a Bowyer fan and he may be a lovely fellow but today was the final straw. The tactical change and first sub were just ridiculous and clearly affected the game for the worse.

Dyche was proactive, 2 positive changes to make a difference.

Bowyer looked and acted clueless throughout. The result hurts but the manner of it hurts more. Park the bus and hope for the best hardly shows any tactical acumen and the thing is, we've been saying it all season.

No leaders on or off the pitch after Dunn departed just rubber dinghy men frightened of the ball and with just an intent to hoof it forward when they do have it to get rid of the responsibility.

Bowyer has done as well as he can but he's patently not up to it. The fact he's not Steve Kean has worn off. If and it's a big if, there's a plan to get back to the promised land Bowyer has to go. No point debating who would take the job or who the Rao's and Shaw would appoint, the current incumbent isn't good enough.

Having come up here yesterday and stayed over to make sure I make the match I admit I will be royally f...annoyed if we don't show passion

I hope you are not too annoyed Bucks.....that was a gutless and passionless display.

Bowyer seemed completely lost with no tactics, no nouse and effectively clueless. One striker upfront, the constant long ball down the middle to Rhodes with us constantly giving away possesion, Gestede on at least 30 minutes too late and then a substitution on 90 minutes. The fans round me turned on Bowyer today.....unfortunately Bowyer has not got what it takes to take Rovers onwards and upwards.

• Backroom

Never took him as a great mind but this tweet by David Thompson is spot on

@77thomo: Sometimes when you appoint a development coach they generally neglect tactical awareness because player development is more important!

You can't blame Bowyer for taking the job, to get the opportunity to go from Reserve Team Manager and bypass the First Team Coach and Assistant Manager spots completely - no coach with managerial aspirations is going to turn that down.

It was always going to be a learn on the job role with him that could take years, which was precisely why I was opposed to him getting the job largely due to our financial situation and the need for Premier League revenue as soon as possible.

Four words sum up today.He who dares wins.

Well done, Mr Dyche. The man is having a great season.

Bowyer out - any actual manager in.If he'd gone for it and attacked I'd have accepted defeat, but no longer can I accept the cowardice at the heart of his lineups.

A thumping by Trotters and a home defeat to Burnley in quick succession - sorry, but OUT.

The contrast between Bowyer and Dyche couldn't have been more stark today.

Dyche made a positive double substitution and was in his technical area constantly giving tactical instructions to his players. Bowyer once again had no idea what substitutions/changes to make, occasionally making a forlorn "come on" gesture with his arms.

Basically, Dyche looked and acted like a proper manager of a professional football team whilst Bowyer, once again, looked and acted like the clueless manager of an under 8s Sunday league team.

Burnley individually no better than Rovers, however tactically a tighter unit, well drilled and competent at what they did.

Due to players or manager?

I know what I think,Bowyer better than previous managers but sadly not good enough..

You can't blame Bowyer for taking the job, to get the opportunity to go from Reserve Team Manager and bypass the First Team Coach and Assistant Manager spots completely - no coach with managerial aspirations is going to turn that down.

It was always going to be a learn on the job role with him that could take years, which was precisely why I was opposed to him getting the job largely due to our financial situation and the need for Premier League revenue as soon as possible.

He deserved it an awful lot more than the last one to be promote from within. Turning last seasons certain relegation around for one, should mean he was given some time. We will finish higher than last season, so that is progress. Not as much as some people want, but we could quite easily have been in league one this season.

The future of our club, isn't looking great, so I will take slow, steady progress for the next couple of seasons, all day long. What I fear is further decline!

Bowyers take on it

Blackburn Rovers manager Gary Bowyer:

"We're hugely disappointed to have lost. I thought it was harsh, but in football it is fine margins. Jordan Rhodes goes through one on one and hits the post.

"We are disappointed with the two goals we have conceded. My criticism of the side is that we have conceded two goals and the manner of the two goals.

"They [burnley] are second in the league - you think they will get automatic promotion. That is what comes from having a settled squad like they do. It is something we have been working to and working very hard.

"My lads have to keep going. We have go again. People will probably write us off, but that is not the right thing to do. It is important we finish as strongly as we possibly can."

hugely disappointed!, tell that to the fans face to face

Archived