BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Problem is, we sack him and replace him with who exactly?

We're still in a half decent position in the table, even after today's shocker, as well as there being a chance of play-off football, albeit very minor. If the lot in Pune sack him, it's up there with the Allardyce sacking. I can also see us struggling to find a half decent manager too. Who on earth would want to work for Venkies, after another crap time to sack someone? Answer- Has been managers like Paul Jewell and Owen Coyle.

I favour getting someone in to help. Sacking him just isn't an option with our owners' image in the world of football management.

Some of us have said he needs help with tactics all season, but they're not going to bring someone in unless he asks for

it, and I doubt he will admit he lacks tactical nous.

I would maybe like an 'old head' maybe someone like Joe Royle, if I was in Bowyer's position.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is, we sack him and replace him with who exactly?

We're still in a half decent position in the table, even after today's shocker, as well as there being a chance of play-off football, albeit very minor. If the lot in Pune sack him, it's up there with the Allardyce sacking. I can also see us struggling to find a half decent manager too. Who on earth would want to work for Venkies, after another crap time to sack someone? Answer- Has been managers like Paul Jewell and Owen Coyle.

I favour getting someone in to help. Sacking him just isn't an option with our owners' image in the world of football management.

NO, it is nowhere near that level,

has Dunny finished his badges yet, you never know with the Raos

Could we have a poll on Bowyer.

Possible options

1.keep him and give him next season

2. Keep him and review his position as manager at of the season

3. Sack him

4. keep him as manager till end of the season then sack him.

what do you think Mods?

Well he was definitely the ' Star ' of the Venky's Xprs advert, so you may be on to something there Yoda.

Worryingly so,

he fits the bill for the Raos on a few levels

Possible options

3. Sack him

what do you think Mods?

You have missed a glaring option, get him to work with a tactician

• Moderation Lead

Time to stop making do and make an appointment that will take the club forward.

None of this defeatist 'well, at least it's not Steve Kean' tosh.

Worryingly so,

he fits the bill for the Raos on a few levels

You have missed a glaring option, get him to work with a tactician

But if he needs a tactician, what's he doing in charge in the first place?

Possible options

3. Sack him

what do you think Mods?

We've just been done by them ..& you want a poll !!

Just back from the match. I say stick with Bowyer.

Burnley are an example of the rewards of stability. Dyche out-managed Bowyer today but he has a lot more experience as a first-team manager and came into this season with a settled side which has had very few injuries. Leicester are another example of the benefits of a settled side - which Bowyer hasn't had.

Bowyer loves the club and is learning - he dropped Williamson for Evans and it worked well until Evans tired. Evans will be fitter next time out and Cairney will be back.

Their first was from a set-piece which our defence and keeper should have dealt with. Bowyer is an easy target.

Burnley are an example of the rewards of stability. Dyche out-managed Bowyer today but he has a lot more experience as a first-team manager and came into this season with a settled side which has had very few injuries. Leicester are another example of the benefits of a settled side - which Bowyer hasn't had.

Bowyer loves the club and is learning - he dropped Williamson for Evans and it worked well until Evans tired. Evans will be fitter next time out and Cairney will be back.

Their first was from a set-piece which our defence and keeper should have dealt with. Bowyer is an easy target.

Agreed about settled sides and Evans but what's that got to do with tactical nouse and motivating players?

Bowyers done alright with what he's had but he makes a lot of mistakes, makes them again and again and I fail to see how much further he can take the team. I have a terrible feeling if we stick with him next season we will stagnate further and be battling at the wrong end of the table again.

Him not getting CB cover after selling Dann was amateurish.

Not too sure you can blame Bowyer for that, his hands are tied by the money decisions. He knows football and knows only too well that having no cover at centre half, is very dangerous. If he was told Dann had to go and wasn't given permission to bring a replacement in, it isn't his fault. Imagine if your boss saying he was making someone redundant, but not replacing them, would you have to accept this?

Bowyer is an easy target ?

How many points has he lost us this season ? Well into double figures , only 2 centre halves on the books upto Friday ..

Regular idiotic substitions all through the season ....

The tactical nous of a coach who is used to dealing with games at youth level , where the result does not really matter ...

Unfortunately , this is the real world where you are judged on the number of points you achieve...

I am not ranting cos of defeat to Burnley this has been going on all season ...

Fair play to Burnley , they have a good manager who gets the best out of his charges and will get promotion ...

We are in the top half inspite of Bowyer not because of him ....

Like all Blackburn Rovers season ticket holders , i want the club to succeed but it will not with Gary Bowyer as manager , he is way out of his depth in a very poor division ....

Agreed about settled sides and Evans but what's that got to do with tactical nouse and motivating players?

Bowyers done alright with what he's had but he makes a lot of mistakes, makes them again and again and I fail to see how much further he can take the team. I have a terrible feeling if we stick with him next season we will stagnate further and be battling at the wrong end of the table again.

Him not getting CB cover after selling Dann was amateurish.

I agree the about the Dann mistake - getting cover in 2 days before Burnley is poor management. I also agree about his tactical nouse - looking at him down next to Dyche you could see Dyche was an experienced manager and Bowyer is a coach learning the management side.

But, he does learn - as soon as Evans is fit he replaces the dire Willow. And some of the players bowyer has brought in this season at bargain prices are really promising - Cairney, Gestede, Evans, Conway. These are some of our key players now so I say give Bowyer a pre-season and whole season with this team he has had to build.

Leicester and Burnley have had settled squads all season. Bowyer didn't have that luxury.

Not too sure you can blame Bowyer for that, his hands are tied by the money decisions. He knows football and knows only too well that having no cover at centre half, is very dangerous. If he was told Dann had to go and wasn't given permission to bring a replacement in, it isn't his fault. Imagine if your boss saying he was making someone redundant, but not replacing them, would you have to accept this?

Was he definitely unable to bring in defensive cover or are you guessing? I thought that could be the case but after today's strange Bowyer influenced events it wouldn't surprise me if he thought we were alright with what we had.

Was he definitely unable to bring in defensive cover or are you guessing? I thought that could be the case but after today's strange Bowyer influenced events it wouldn't surprise me if he thought we were alright with what we had.

Kilgallon being injury-prone certainly shouldn't have been a surprise!

Positions/jobs are made redundant,

The Raos just cashed in

Sorry, Bucks, I disagree about Bowyer.

I can't see any sign of him learning in terms of tactics or substitutions. This season Bowyer has consistently played with two defensive-minded central midfielders and persists with apparently encouraging a long-ball approach to Jordan Rhodes. Today he dropped Gestede to accommodate a different front 3 than we had seen previously. The experiment failed and I can't see what Varney brought to the team that Gestede wouldn't have. When Dunn tired Bowyer chose to replace him with a bang average winger from Millwall who only joined the club a day ago. Gestede was then brought on far too late. Yet again Rovers took the lead then failed to build on it and let that lead slip. Bowyer appears to be happy with the team protecting a lead rather than building on it (and, yes, I realise Rhodes missed a great chance but at 1-0 up we did not push on generally). When momentum was turning against us Bowyer was unable to have any impact. The team that Bowyer, and no-one else, prepared for this game and put out on the pitch bottled it. Again.

In addition we ended up with a farcical situation where, until a couple of days before the game, we had one fit centre back. And that after a 4-0 thrashing a week previously when a full-back was played out of position in the centre. That situation need not have arisen and I consider it amateurish all round. That situation was Bowyer's failing and/or the failing of others at the club. But if we are giving Bowyer credit for shipping players out in January then he should also be assessed/criticised for the players brought in - or not brought in.

I see little sign of Bowyer learning anything and I have no faith in the future being an improvement on where we are because I do not think Bowyer can get the best out of his players nor motivate them to be their best.

I don't think he should be sacked unless, somehow, Mackay or Clarke could be convinced to take over now and plan for next season. Otherwise, it is leave Bowyer to plod along and steer this team to mid-table then say "thanks and back to your old job".

Sorry but he does not get off scott free, he should have had a replacement sorted

You mean put his hand in how own pocket and bought one? I am fairly sure it was not down to him. He is no dummy and knew only too well, we had no replacement. His bosses tell him Dann has to go and don't let him replace him. What is he supposed to do, resign? Give the man a chance, don't blame him for things beyond his control!

You mean put his hand in how own pocket and bought one? I am fairly sure it was not down to him. He is no dummy and knew only too well, we had no replacement. His bosses tell him Dann has to go and don't let him replace him. What is he supposed to do, resign? Give the man a chance, don't blame him for things beyond his control!

you don't know if any of that is true, which is why the Raos have to go for the good of the club,

que the "we will be finished if they pull out" brigade

But he brought Dabo in who will never play so there must've been some cash available for a loan.

Archived