BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer Discussion

DE.

Though I would change him - you need to be careful what you wish for - look at Wigan - Uwe Rosler followed by Malky Mackay followed by (more than likely) relegation.

You have to take a gamble.

Carry on with Bowyer's brand of stability and it wont be long before the padlocks and chains are in place at Ewood.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really do need to try and get out of your Ewood office a tad more.

Have you anything constructive to add?

loads thanks, you should try it yourself.

Rhodes is off, Rhodes is off, wee dougie, Rhodes is off, Bowyer's a clown. Rhodes is off, we'll win 7-0 away, IMV IMO IMV IMO, running a business is like making love to a beautiful woman, Rhodes is off.

Carry on with Bowyer's brand of stability and it wont be long before the padlocks and chains are in place at Ewood.

I wouldn't be too sure about your gambling (have you just put a sneaky bet on Middlesbrough for automatic promotion? ^_^ ) but yeah it will be R.I.P. Season 2015-16 for sure if GG stays.

Uncertainly is better than turgid predictability...............

Fair enough, but I imagine the natural thing is to change your mind because the results have improved since you wanted him out. Seeing as the results haven't improved, what is it that made you change your mind Chaddy?

Not speaking for Chaddy here but anyone looking at Wigans plight this season could be forgiven for changing their minds on the managerial situation. A well run club that's changed managers twice and is looking like is heading down.

Both managers strongly touted on here in the past as successors to Bowyer might I add.

Howe and Bournemouth are everything Bowyer and Rovers aren't.

Underlines just how much Bowyer is out of his depth.

A ridiculous rise in just 6 years. Shows what a real manager can do.

well yes in a way they are, but if you look at the bigger picture, Howe basically took that group of players and moulded them into a promotion winning team. Whatever they did wrong, he corrected... Where they needed to improve, he made sure they did just that.

If you then take Bowyer, non of the defensive issues were addressed. Non of the sloppy goals we conceded were addressed, and while some of that is players responsibility, Bowyer should have ensured that it doesnt happen again by hammering them during training and team talks. Its darn right criminal to have 2 of the deadliest strikers in the league, along with Conway and Marshall behind them, and still not at the very least made the play offs. Really, we couldnt make the playoffs. Forget promotion, let me say this again, at the very least made 6th.

It again comes down to what fans are happy with, if you are happy with stability and mid table security in the championship, then Bowyer can carry on with whatever it is he is doing. For those fans who want at least want play offs next season, then we cannot allow him to continue as manager. It also comes down to what the clueless Venkys want, because unless somebody points out that we have once again failed to make the top 6 as a minimum requirement, then they should either consider selling the club, or look at finding a real manager(which i dont think they capable of)

We will most likely lose Gestede or Rhodes or both, so then we are pretty much in a weaker position heading into the new season.

So im really interested to know, as a coach, what has Bowyer done apart from stability(hmmm), and signing a few good players on a tight budget done? forget the FA cup, his objectives should only have been securing a play off spot, and Venkys should have given him this ultimatum that its playoffs or you are out of a job, end of.

Rubbish, the padlocks and chains have nothing to do with Bowyer staying or going.

That's down to the owners and the owners alone.

Rubbish, the padlocks and chains have nothing to do with Bowyer staying or going.

depends, if Bowyer takes the club up, then the owners would be happy. If he doesnt, the owners still seem happy. Okay, you right, its down to the owners ;)

If we don't get up, and we are 2 seasons overdue, then we are financially snookered.

Bowyer wont get us up therefore where do we go from here.

Sadly, it's the manager will make or break our club.

:lol:

not again surely, how many times can a club go bust?

More than once - go and look through the history books !

Your financial illiteracy is just part of your intellectual vacuity.

• Moderation Lead

Who would you appoint Chaddy?

Of course but no reason to take him seriously!

Have a day off man!

The bit in bold goes for other posters who've chatted utter rubbish acting like insiders for years as well.

I asked you who you would appoint now with Sherwood at Villa?

Eddie Howe obviously chaddy....... only now that he's actually succeeded.

Who would you appoint Chaddy?

Of course but no reason to take him seriously!

i know these are old school managers, but Souness again, or even Curbishley and Hoddle. Yes they might be of the old school of managers, but they still very much understand the game and how things should be done. We just need a manager that can actually manage the players better, and have a game plan. Right now, Bowyer seems to be somebody who is too afraid to be brave(if that is right)

First thing you do is to 'advertise' and see who comes forward.

Would be foolish to dive in until you knew who the runners and riders were.

There would be a long queue and virtually everyone in that queue would be a better option than Bowyer.

Don't be so bitter and twisted. Bowyer might not have done a great job this season but whatever spin you want to put on it he hasn't done a bad one.

In fact I'd suggest that on a pro rata %age basis his judgement and decisions have been far better than yours have over the past few years.

A manager is considered old school. What's it matter? In fact what the hell is old school when the game is the same? It never changes

1891 - two onion bags, one ball, keep the ball out of your onion bag and get it in their onion bag

2015 - two onion bags, one ball, keep the ball out of your onion bag and get it in their onion bag

Not speaking for Chaddy here but anyone looking at Wigans plight this season could be forgiven for changing their minds on the managerial situation. A well run club that's changed managers twice and is looking like is heading down.

Both managers strongly touted on here in the past as successors to Bowyer might I add.

You are speaking for Chaddy, but your argument holds no water when you look up the table to a team like Watford who have had 4 managers in the last 2 and a bit years....you choose to look down to support the argument when the real answer lies in the promoted team. chelsea have a similar attitude and they haven't suffered too much albeit in a different stratosphere to us....but the principle still remains.

And if somehow you had been the venkymobs chosen advisor they already would be!

Just wait until that Russian hears the 'kerching' of prem cash, considers the foolhardy issue of keeping them up there and turns into the new Karl Oyston. :tu:

Seaside clubs.... quite fitting.

i know these are old school managers, but Souness again, or even Curbishley and Hoddle. Yes they might be of the old school of managers, but they still very much understand the game and how things should be done. We just need a manager that can actually manage the players better, and have a game plan. Right now, Bowyer seems to be somebody who is too afraid to be brave(if that is right)

Souness??? Are you crazy? Do you think they'd consider him after learning a harsh and expensive lesson over giving Kean the keys to the strongbox door?

As for the other two? London boys who wouldn't come north of the watford gap. Just as an aside how long does Curbishley need to be retired before people will finally accept it?

If we don't get up, and we are 2 seasons overdue, then we are financially snookered.

Bowyer wont get us up therefore where do we go from here.

Sadly, it's the manager will make or break our club.

I don't think Premiership football is even in the equation mercer, how can it be with the way the clubs being run?

I'd even go as far as to say that reaching the Premiership won't pay the bills anyway after next season.

You are speaking for Chaddy, but your argument holds no water when you look up the table to a team like Watford who have had 4 managers in the last 2 and a bit years....you choose to look down to support the argument when the real answer lies in the promoted team. chelsea have a similar attitude and they haven't suffered too much albeit in a different stratosphere to us....but the principle still remains.

I'm not speaking for chaddy and my arguement does hold water just ask a Wigan fan :tu:

That's why we need 'them' to come out and explain what is going to happen Gav :(

And some give them the benefit of the doubt :wacko:

Don't hold your breath Shaun.

I cannot think of 1 reason why they're still in charge of the football club and I'm sure they can't either :wacko:

Archived