BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

So as we limp into another season under Venky ownership I’m sure I’m not the only person to be questioning just where all this is going to end?

With each passing season under Venkys stewardship we see the clubs fortunes going from bad to worse, we’ve seen no improvement at any level, and are unlikely to see any in the future.

Cairney has been sold without the manager’s approval, Gestede is the next one out the door and Rhodes departure is a very real possibility, which leaves us with a side that will be lucky to retain its Championship status after next season.

You look around this site and see the sorts of arguments/debates people are having:

Is Varney good enough?

Will Brown turn out to be a decent striker?

2 lads on trial from Doncaster and Sheff Weds!

Bowyer telling us we need to sell Cairney for FFP, to our rivals!

Transfer embargo until next year.

And I’ve not even covered the club shop, season ticket updates, twitter silence, academy and the club website.

WE'RE BLACKBURN ROVERS, MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE COUNTRY, WE DESERVE ******* BETTER :angry2:

Now I know we only have 30 regular posters on here and this site isn’t a true reflection of what fans are thinking in general, but is it only me that feels like we need these ******* idiots out of here?

All this has really come from earlier today when I hung my lads Rovers shirt on the washing line, he’s down here in sunny Worcestershire for a few days, nice shirt, no sponsor, we didn’t have one at the time, Venkys couldn’t agree a deal, free money in reality, they couldn’t care less....

I asked if he was getting a season ticket with his mates, being 16 I thought that would be a natural progression, but his mates have given up after last season, so he’ll only be going when we come up.

So this brings me round to asking just how much are we going to take?

How long are we going to hide behind ‘Venkys are keeping us afloat financially’ They are not, they are plunging us further into debt with every passing day.

What would I do about it, good question...?

I’d start by looking to expose the truth about whats happened over the past 5yrs, get it out into the public domain. Yes many people won’t care, but thats the starting point of me.

I’d take the protest the door of the people that matter, be it in far flung places or much closer to home, I’d make sure those involved know we’re not going to accept what’s gone on.

Next we should be looking at the people involved with the club at the time to help expose whats gone on, DD would be worth a shout, no longer linked as an employee, maybe willing to talk.

I wouldn’t be speaking to the club or police about our motives or possible protests, why should we? The last rounds of protests were to nice, orderly, expected by everyone and pointless for that very reason.

Its tuned into a bit of a ramble now this, but the motives are clear, we need rid of Venkys, we need rid of Agnews bitch Shaw, and we need proper footballing people back at the helm, preferably Blackburn Rovers footballing people.

The protests need to start from day one, most of the above can be achieved if the people involved have a desire. I have desire, I’d take the fight to the doorstep of the people involved, but I alone can’t do this, it needs support and thats where the problem lies.

A bit of a rant by the end of the post, sorry about that but I care about the football club, its been in my family for 3 generations, we need them out, we need them out now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spent the last 2 days in Worcestershire Gav (Wood Norton Hotel, I used to live in Cleeve Prior nr Stratford on Avon).....however, I still hate those Venky barstewards and wish we could liquidate the morons.......but don't worry the happy flappers wil be on saying it will be worse without the tossers and we will disappear without them etc

Goodness I hate the Venky tools. Flook wits.

Drama queen, with inaccurate facts!

?

Just spent the last 2 days in Worcestershire Gav (Wood Norton Hotel, I used to live in Cleeve Prior nr Stratford on Avon).....however, I still hate those Venky barstewards and wish we could liquidate the morons.......but don't worry the happy flappers wil be on saying it will be worse without the tossers and we will disappear without them etc

Goodness I hate the Venky tools. Flook wits.

?

I told you to give me a ring, you could have stayed here at Chataux Gav, your always welcome pal, and I know if the fight needed to be taken to far flung places you'd be on board Pal :tu:

I'm just @#/? sick of it, we deserve better, but that won't happen by chance.

Gav, I dont think Cairney was sold without Bowyer's approval.

Change the record chaddy you even heard the interview different to everyone else

Won't happen. Too many fans are apathetic about the whole situation to take action, while others think the worst is over now that Kean & co. have left the building.

The problem is what can we do as they don't listen and never have

• Backroom

It would be WORSE now because there is NOTHING on the surface to complain about. That is the simplistic view of media charlatans, whether people like it or not.

So as we limp into another season under Venky ownership I’m sure I’m not the only person to be questioning just where all this is going to end?

With each passing season under Venkys stewardship we see the clubs fortunes going from bad to worse, we’ve seen no improvement at any level, and are unlikely to see any in the future.

Cairney has been sold without the manager’s approval, Gestede is the next one out the door and Rhodes departure is a very real possibility, which leaves us with a side that will be lucky to retain its Championship status after next season.

You look around this site and see the sorts of arguments/debates people are having:

Is Varney good enough?

Will Brown turn out to be a decent striker?

2 lads on trial from Doncaster and Sheff Weds!

Bowyer telling us we need to sell Cairney for FFP, to our rivals!

Transfer embargo until next year.

And I’ve not even covered the club shop, season ticket updates, twitter silence, academy and the club website.

WE'RE BLACKBURN ROVERS, MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE COUNTRY, WE DESERVE ******* BETTER :angry2:

Now I know we only have 30 regular posters on here and this site isn’t a true reflection of what fans are thinking in general, but is it only me that feels like we need these ******* idiots out of here?

All this has really come from earlier today when I hung my lads Rovers shirt on the washing line, he’s down here in sunny Worcestershire for a few days, nice shirt, no sponsor, we didn’t have one at the time, Venkys couldn’t agree a deal, free money in reality, they couldn’t care less....

I asked if he was getting a season ticket with his mates, being 16 I thought that would be a natural progression, but his mates have given up after last season, so he’ll only be going when we come up.

So this brings me round to asking just how much are we going to take?

How long are we going to hide behind ‘Venkys are keeping us afloat financially’ They are not, they are plunging us further into debt with every passing day.

What would I do about it, good question...?

I’d start by looking to expose the truth about whats happened over the past 5yrs, get it out into the public domain. Yes many people won’t care, but thats the starting point of me.

I’d take the protest the door of the people that matter, be it in far flung places or much closer to home, I’d make sure those involved know we’re not going to accept what’s gone on.

Next we should be looking at the people involved with the club at the time to help expose whats gone on, DD would be worth a shout, no longer linked as an employee, maybe willing to talk.

I wouldn’t be speaking to the club or police about our motives or possible protests, why should we? The last rounds of protests were to nice, orderly, expected by everyone and pointless for that very reason.

Its tuned into a bit of a ramble now this, but the motives are clear, we need rid of Venkys, we need rid of Agnews bitch Shaw, and we need proper footballing people back at the helm, preferably Blackburn Rovers footballing people.

The protests need to start from day one, most of the above can be achieved if the people involved have a desire. I have desire, I’d take the fight to the doorstep of the people involved, but I alone can’t do this, it needs support and thats where the problem lies.

A bit of a rant by the end of the post, sorry about that but I care about the football club, its been in my family for 3 generations, we need them out, we need them out now.

couldn't agree more with the sentiment. But they aint going to leave their money in and then appoint others they don't know to run it - even if real Rovers people.

So if they walk tomorrow, what happens? Who would you/we want to come in??

If we are protesting we have to have an alternaitive?

• Backroom

The views of anybody who is not a Rovers fan , do not matter !

An empty stadium speaks volumes !

I won't stop going just because Venkys are there, simple as that.

I won't stop going just because Venkys are there, simple as that.

You don't have to stop going Mike, you have to stop having the p1ss taken out of you by the owners, how you chose to react is the key pal :tu:

Archived