BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simeon Jackson

Iceman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have to say on the face of it this is the first minus i'm going to have to attribute to PL, he's said numerous times that he doesn't want to sign anybody unless they are going to make an impact on in the first team, this player doesn't look anything more than a back up squad player(that has done nothing of note for years) our young/youth players must be bloody awful if were signing players like this guy instead of giving them a shot.

that said, if we can get Graham(or a player of his experience and calibre) ill forgive him.

Ah but up front he has to be better than the likes of delfy and brown to get a game. Even with his less than inspiring record I'd imagine he tops all the strikers bar Rhodes. They're that bad. Heck even Lawrence isn't that good.

On a 5 month contract when he's known to the manager it's low risk. When you're replacing an entire forward line on the cheap (bar 1 guy) it's total sense, especially as you say if we get a better striker in as well.

We're not there at this moment, but I sincerely hope there will come a day when we can buy players exclusively for the first 12-13 players in the squad and fill up the rest with promising youngsters. Paying first team wages for mediocre journeymen who are only expected to play in 1/3 of the games in a season is antiquated approach, and in the long run a safe bet for more economic turmoil.

Serious question but does anyone know if this Simeon Jackson bod is any good?

I must admit to having never heard of the chap.

Good for Lambert at Norwich, good at Gillingham, @#/? everywhere else.

Quicker than what we have, not the best finisher, can't hold the ball up at all. Typically looks to play 1-2s to get behind.

Thanks J*B, looks like PL is getting a small group of players around him he trusts and he knows will put a shift in; that, in my opinion, is a big plus point.

I just hope they don't get too naffed off playing in front on a <1/3 full ground populated with moaning Minnie's.

• Backroom

This signing is the clearest indication yet that Lambert has some serious misgivings about the team he's inherited. He's another player who can "do a job" (how many do we need who fit this description?), I can only assume Lambert believes Jackson to have a better mentality than the likes of Koita and Delfouneso.

This signing is the clearest indication yet that Lambert has some serious misgivings about the team he's inherited. He's another player who can "do a job" (how many do we need who fit this description?), I can only assume Lambert believes Jackson to have a better mentality than the likes of Koita and Delfouneso.

It would seem that way. It looks like the Bowyer Babes aren't buying into Lambert's vision and he's had to sign some of his ex-players who were success stories under him to change the atmosphere at the club.

Yes it totally feels like Lambert is packing the dressing room..... there is an argument to say this makes sense but we don't have the resources to completely swap the players out, nor are the players we are getting in much good.

Maybe the plan is to scare the likes of Marshall and Guthrie (both technically better players imo than what we have brought in) into performances.

• Moderation Lead

Marshall has stepped up his game in the last few games in fairness. Guthrie, well, he's just been disappointing since he arrived! Which is a shame really, he's been a relatively good player.

Will be interesting to see, what a partnership of Jackson and Graham will do up front

Neither are goalscorers so the least I'm expecting is they put in a hard shift.

Let's be honest, both are here because they are cheap and no one else wants them.

Neither are goalscorers so the least I'm expecting is they put in a hard shift.

Let's be honest, both are here because they are cheap and no one else wants them.

Having nobody want them, might be hurting them though. In which case they will be working harder to prove a point. If they put in the effort, and they genuinely want to succeed here, then I'll be happy.

Surely the idea is to get cheap players nobody wants, and turn them into players everyone wants.

Like we've been trying to do for the last 5 years?

Looked pretty good today to be honest. Good pace and technique, immediately obvious that he is a "run the channels" sort of striker which we haven't had in since King left (well apart from Delfy. But he is so unthreatening to the goal that im not really sure you can call him a striker).

A different option, and on first look probably a more natural partner to Rhodes than Graham.

Ill be interested in how he develops.

I wouldn't get carried away, good in the context of our team and Charlton today (both abysmal)

To give a better idea he seems about as quick as Conway and a similar level of ball control, but plays further up the pitch.

If he's only as quick as Conway then he's not quick. I vaguely remember watching him for Braunshweig and he seemed a busy sort of player.

Archived