BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Season Transfers

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Nixon said this morning that players were already in touch with Coyle wanting to sign - they must be good if they are making calls like that!

Interesting one way or another we are in need of a totally new front line as we have no strikers on the books - let's see what market we are in!

Get ready for a line up of jobbing workhorse players you've never heard of before getting unfeasibly generous contracts who are then moved on quicker than you can say FA Investigation.

Lets not even mention AGENTS FEES.

Quick bit of research and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Giles Barnes's name doesn't gets a mention soon. Horrendous injury history after a promising early career. Eventually ended up in the MLS with Houston. Has stated OC helped him rediscover his form, confidence etc. so that gets him a tick in the box. Has been there since 2012 and his salary is posted at around K750 US so is affordable and therefore another tick. Don't know how long he has left on current contract but not yet 28, so still young but with glass knees/legs. Has done well there, more so given his career was in the pan when he left the UK. Is also playing internationally for Jamaica, but then again so is Lee Williamson. Have absolutely no evidence for my initial comment, just a hunch.

Tyrone Mears and Chris Eagles have been mentioned on Facebook too - doesn't matter who we sign or how good they are , it's all about who represents them

One thing in Coyles favour is that the lads do like him. He probably will make a couple of decent signings on the face of it. The problem is that he places no importance on nutrition, fitness or tactics. Spends his whole time motivating.

Nicko says we've now got a man who will get things buzzing.

Strange man - his comments on Twitter have been downright absurd. He's speaking like the last 5 years of Coyle's career have never existed.

This one was a particular favourite of mine;

Don't waste your time asking me about Owen Coyle today. Ask @DanielSturridge @JackWilshere @stuholden ...

Didn't answer me when I asked what he thought of Coyle giving Keith Andrews 25k a year after Bolton's relegation, or signing David N'Gog for almost £5m.

He left that Bolton side in a complete mess, took over at Wigan and had them in a mess, and has just walked away from Houston with them bottom of the league.

He'll get Ewood buzzing though.....

@#/? Off.

We need 8 to 10 new signings with the main areas being 3/4 of them being strikers, 2 left backs, 1 right back, 1 attacking midfielder,

Plus Coyle must talk to Marshall, Duffy and Hanley into staying at Rovers this season and getting them to sign new contracts

We need 8 to 10 new signings with the main areas being 3/4 of them being strikers, 2 left backs, 1 right back, 1 attacking midfielder,

Plus Coyle must talk to Marshall, Duffy and Hanley into staying at Rovers this season and getting them to sign new contracts

Sounds like you have changed your mind like I said you would ...are you on the coyle venky banwagon or #venkysout bus?

are you still boycotting or has the wind changed on that?

Immediate and massive task for the best of managers, so what was all this talk about needing a manager who could bring the youngsters through? The need is now.

Nicko says we've now got a man who will get things buzzing.

yep, probably get loads of bees soon

players contacting Coyley to sign for us? whats Coyle's number, i think i can play a bit..Shouldnt it be him contacting them or their agents instead?

Archived