BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News - Mowbray Will Decide His Future After Talks

Nailed on to leave now after Seniors resignation. Some no mark in to replace him in an appointment that will probably take months to make. The one bit of light I had for next season, soon to be extinguished. Blackpool mark 2 here we come.

Thanks Venkys 

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He's rehabilitated his reputation somewhat here. 'His record is top 10' etc.

So he may as well go now and be in with a chance of a half decent job. Starts next season poorly and he's probably done at the top level.

wouldnt surprise me to see Forest or Birmingham have a look at TM...

• Backroom
Just now, Iceman said:

wouldnt surprise me to see Forest or Birmingham have a look at TM...

Forest will stick with Warburton, I'd wager. I wouldn't see any sense in swapping him for Mowbray.

Brum could do a lot worse than TM, if Droopy isn't sticking around.

Mowbray has experience of this sort of situation very recently at Coventry City, and we can be sure that he won't want a repeat of that.

I think we can safely predict the course of events that will unfold over the coming weeks.

Mowbray is essentially issuing an ultimatum. He wants answers and a budget to work with. Lambert wanted that and after waiting 6 months decided he was off, Mowbray will probably do the same. I think he'd love to stay and have a crack at getting us straight back up, but he knows full well that this club is flawed and in no state to do that at present. The only way we'll challenge next season is if he is backed financially and allowed to keep the few decent players we have. We all know that is almost certainly not going to happen, and so does Mowbray.

He's a man of integrity. He was mucked around at Coventry last summer and they've suffered devastation because of it, and he'll have real concerns about what comes next.

Bear in mind that when he left Coventry his stock was at an all time low and he struggled to get a job, missing out on the Chesterfield gig to Gary Caldwell. He's come in here and whilst he's ultimately failed he's performed admirably (3 defeats in 15 for example). He can probably expect another Championship job or good League One club if he leaves now.

Senior's departure now makes it highly likely that Mowbray will follow. He'll probably go somewhere like Wigan or Rotherham who will have a plan for getting promotion next season.

Cheston won't be trusted to make a managerial appointment after last summer's debacle so they'll play the easy option and just promote Dunn with Lowe as his assistant and hope that fans' respect for his playing days makes them accept his appointment.

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray has experience of this sort of situation very recently at Coventry City, and we can be sure that he won't want a repeat of that.

I think we can safely predict the course of events that will unfold over the coming weeks.

Mowbray is essentially issuing an ultimatum. He wants answers and a budget to work with. Lambert wanted that and after waiting 6 months decided he was off, Mowbray will probably do the same. I think he'd love to stay and have a crack at getting us straight back up, but he knows full well that this club is flawed and in no state to do that at present. The only way we'll challenge next season is if he is backed financially and allowed to keep the few decent players we have. We all know that is almost certainly not going to happen, and so does Mowbray.

He's a man of integrity. He was mucked around at Coventry last summer and they've suffered devastation because of it, and he'll have real concerns about what comes next.

Bear in mind that when he left Coventry his stock was at an all time low and he struggled to get a job, missing out on the Chesterfield gig to Gary Caldwell. He's come in here and whilst he's ultimately failed he's performed admirably (3 defeats in 15 for example). He can probably expect another Championship job or good League One club if he leaves now.

Senior's departure now makes it highly likely that Mowbray will follow. He'll probably go somewhere like Wigan or Rotherham who will have a plan for getting promotion next season.

Cheston won't be trusted to make a managerial appointment after last summer's debacle so they'll play the easy option and just promote Dunn with Lowe as his assistant and hope that fans' respect for his playing days makes them accept his appointment.

If Dunn had anything about him, he would come out, tell the fans the bits that we haven't yet uncovered and resign, stating he is sick of the corruption at the club.

Just now, lraC said:

If Dunn had anything about him, he would come out, tell the fans the bits that we haven't yet uncovered and resign, stating he is sick of the corruption at the club.

He will never get the managers job doing that. There are lots of people complicit with Venkys reign of destruction. 

JH as always hits the nail on the head.

TM has done a terrific job in his short time here, to get those players to take Coyles mess to the last game of the season was nothing short of remarkable, all credit to the guy.

But in reality him staying or going is another irrelevance, because most of us know this club can't move forward until the owners sod off, simple as that. 

Mowbray has done a first class job with the players he had at his disposal who are as poor as any squad I can remember in supporting Rovers since the early '60s.

The set up against Barnsley was wrong and we got severely punished including a goal against you rarely see (three bounces off the cross bar and in). Apart from that he has been more than solid and he got three wins against Forest, Villa and Brentford a lesser manager (thinking of you every boss we have had since Big Sam) would never have achieved.

If he stays we have hope.

If he goes, the future is a long dark hole.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Mowbray I've heard is jacking over the next 24 hrs. Wouldn't be a surprise given senior who brought him in has gone

wouldnt blame the fella, out of all the staff TM is the one I feel for. He knew going into this job what the problems are but Im guessing he too fell for the BS. 

If he does go in the next 24hrs Id wish him all the best and thank his time here for giving us hope.

I don't think there's any doubt that either Johnson or Dunny as Manager and Assistant in any order will be starting off in the dugout next season. The cheap option already at the club plus they've managed the youth side who we will be needing next season. Ah dear. 

He wont be given any of the assurances that he requires. Then he'll leave. I expect nothing else.

He obviously wants to keep the better players that we have at the club and invest in the playing squad. We all know thats not realistic.

Shame- I think he has been great for the club in the short time he has been here.

I remember thinking at the time of TM's appointment that this was a no lose appointment for him and that he had his eyes wide open with no great expectations as to what he would find on his arrival. Came with the reputation of being a decent guy, with integrity and pedigree (albeit dated) His stock was actually low and he inherited a dire situation with a single objective - ensure survival, but he nearly pulled it off; possibly should have given the position we were in going into the final half dozen games, but l believe his reputation has improved significantly, despite relegation and he may now realise he will attract interest from others, so can be more circumspect about his future as our manager.

If Venky's have any sense or cared (okay, they don't) they would realise that he achieved only 7 points less than his predecessor in half the games, with the same squad. Definitely a case of what might have been and maybe a final lesson for them that getting the right appointment as manager can make the difference between relegation or mid table mediocrity. They have failed to do this since they sacked Big Sam, so why should they change a habit of a lifetime other than hopefully realise that this guy can work with peanuts and is therefore worth keeping.

23 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He will never get the managers job doing that. There are lots of people complicit with Venkys reign of destruction. 

I didn't mean he should do that and then apply for the mangers job. Dunn has earned plenty in his career from playing and surely hurts like the fans, with what has gone on at the club. He will obviously know more than most of the fans and what we know is already bad enough. If I was in his position, I would make a statement, laying all the fact bare for the fans to see and resign. When the club finally get back to normal ownership, his credibility will have risen ten fold and I am sure he would be welcomed back then, in some capacity.

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

The only way we get anything close to a competitive team next season is if Venky's turn the taps back on. Chances of that happening are slim to none, I'd say, so if Mowbray has any sense he'll walk. 

Dee day. Silence from the man, not spoken to Venkys but Chestons released a statement. He said over next two weeks on Sunday he'd speak to the people that matter and the tip off I had was that he'd be gone by today.

intresting

Archived