BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News - Mowbray Will Decide His Future After Talks

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I agree that the implications of the tax raid will be serious for Rovers.

The shame is that if it goes to court in India it will take years to resolve.

In 18 months time we may be struggling to field a team in League 2 real name the Fouth Division.

I think I will live to see Rovers play York City in  league match before I see us on an upward trajectory.

No crticisim at all is intended here to York City who I personally like.

John Bachelor from Blackburn bought York City and nearly sent them out off business so we will have a lot in common very soon, and by the way he was a dingle fan. At least we don't have that perfect storm to add to the mess.

On 2017-5-8 at 16:55, philipl said:

Mowbray has done a first class job with the players he had at his disposal who are as poor as any squad I can remember in supporting Rovers since the early '60s.

And all the while, some on here laugh at our player of the season, yet Villa are reportedly interested. It may be hooey, but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets picked up by a Championship club.

Until our owners go, we will have to get used to further poor decision-making and worse quality players than what we have now. The likes of Lowe and Williams will be off to better-run clubs, and some of our fans will wonder what's hit them.

15 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That article reads like it is Monday of a week ago. 

No mention at all of events in India over the past days or rumors of Accountants coming to Ewood which simple logic suggests will affect transfer activity.

The LT look like they have taken some old TM sound bites and made up a lie .... correction ... a story. 

One month before they ring him to give him a date, one month later for the meeting to occur, 2 months to think about the response, two weeks later to communicate it.

Hang on----HE'S GONE!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did Mowbray not sign an 18 month contract? 

It was announced as 18 months. Although lets remember the last manager we had going into a summer transfer window, Paul Lambert, was announced as having signed a 2.5 year deal yet there was no issue with him exercising a convenient break clause and walking out for nothing after 6 months once he realised he'd been conned. I'd be surprised if Mowbray wasn't able to do something similar if promises aren't given very soon.

Mowbray doesn't need this job. His reputation hit an all time low after going through similar at Coventry City and he's managed to improve his reputation through doing an admirable job at Rovers. If he leaves here soon with his head held high and his integrity intact then I'm sure he'll be able to get himself a bottom end Championship or decent League One job where he will be treated properly and be able to get on with being a manager.

The biggest concern is that Mowbray will probably give them a few weeks or even months to come good. I bet that he really likes it here, really wants to make up for relegation by getting us back up and knows we are probably the biggest club he will get a job at, and as such will give them as long as possible to deliver the goods. Lambert went through January and saw what they were all about, but Mowbray hasn't had that yet, so he's probably going to wait longer in the hope that they back him. Unfortunately for us this means that when Mowbray does decide enough is enough there will be next to no time for a proper managerial recruitment process and no time for any players to be signed. Very convenient for Venkys though, as they sales will commence in the absence of a permanent manager.

Just now, JHRover said:

It was announced as 18 months. Although lets remember the last manager we had going into a summer transfer window, Paul Lambert, was announced as having signed a 2.5 year deal yet there was no issue with him exercising a convenient break clause and walking out for nothing after 6 months once he realised he'd been conned. I'd be surprised if Mowbray wasn't able to do something similar if promises aren't given very soon.

Mowbray doesn't need this job. His reputation hit an all time low after going through similar at Coventry City and he's managed to improve his reputation through doing an admirable job at Rovers. If he leaves here soon with his head held high and his integrity intact then I'm sure he'll be able to get himself a bottom end Championship or decent League One job where he will be treated properly and be able to get on with being a manager.

The biggest concern is that Mowbray will probably give them a few weeks or even months to come good. I bet that he really likes it here, really wants to make up for relegation by getting us back up and knows we are probably the biggest club he will get a job at, and as such will give them as long as possible to deliver the goods. Lambert went through January and saw what they were all about, but Mowbray hasn't had that yet, so he's probably going to wait longer in the hope that they back him. Unfortunately for us this means that when Mowbray does decide enough is enough there will be next to no time for a proper managerial recruitment process and no time for any players to be signed. Very convenient for Venkys though, as they sales will commence in the absence of a permanent manager.

Good post and I agree with all of it. 

The players must be wondering what the heck is going on too. All this uncertainty and delays is so damaging, but also so predictable. 

Wait a few weeks to frustrate Mowbray. Tell him he has to cut costs and raise money to buy players. No one to negotiate contracts so he leaves. Dunny put in charge because he is here and cheap. Told to bring young players through. 

11 hours ago, funny-old-game said:

John Bachelor from Blackburn bought York City and nearly sent them out off business so we will have a lot in common very soon, and by the way he was a dingle fan. At least we don't have that perfect storm to add to the mess.

From Blackburn?....born in Yorkshire  before moving to Surrey, Kent and Oregon...We have enough problems without claiming him!

We really need to hear something from Mowbray soon. I wonder if the club will hold off announcing that he is leaving (and instruct the LT) until after the early bird deadline?

The odd thing is the Venus link. It adds something to cling to as a potentially positive step (i.e. supports a Mowbray staying view). Wonder who put that rumour out there. Was it Nixon?

12 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Wait a few weeks to frustrate Mowbray. Tell him he has to cut costs and raise money to buy players. No one to negotiate contracts so he leaves. Dunny put in charge because he is here and cheap. Told to bring young players through. 

Dunny agrees :(

18 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

From Blackburn?....born in Yorkshire  before moving to Surrey, Kent and Oregon...We have enough problems without claiming him!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8104340.Controversial_East_Lancashire_businessman_dies_aged_51/#

Lived  in Knowles Street Rishton when he got married to Gillian whos father was a dentist in Blackburn.

Sorry LV it's true!

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

No wonder my cousin doesn't speak to me!

But in my desperation, I am wanting to see how many of his 51 years he spent living in Blackburn.I am also clinging to the fact that he had a Scumley season ticket.

By the way, did his wife's maiden name begin with H?

Not sure but her mum and dad lived on pleckgate Rd at four lane ends lights.

35 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We really need to hear something from Mowbray soon. I wonder if the club will hold off announcing that he is leaving (and instruct the LT) until after the early bird deadline?

The odd thing is the Venus link. It adds something to cling to as a potentially positive step (i.e. supports a Mowbray staying view). Wonder who put that rumour out there. Was it Nixon?

It was James Wilkinson

Archived