BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior resigns from Rovers role

30 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sounds like he resigned after not achieving his target of staying up. That shows accountability and I would say integrity. 

Oh ya all you boo boys now blaming Senior and saying good riddance even though he had little time to do anything apart from sack Coyle and appoint Mowbray(who will be next to go now as the only contact person he had at the club was Senior) , they next guy in will get the exact same treatment from you clueless lot. How is any DOF or basically any staff member meant to come in and do a job when they are by default "useless" "sneaky" and whatever other baseless nonsense you lot come out with. I don't know who you lot expect us to get to work at the club at the moment, I am 100% sure you will be disappointed with whoever it is. Anyway, let the new witch hunt begin.

What a club, thanks Venkys. 

The man who said he had plans A and B plus a lot more about summer transfer activity now ups sticks the day after relegation. So lying is showing accountability and integrity.

Jesus wept and some people liked it?

He just wised up that we are a basket case that his particular skill set would fail at and did a runner.

On that score I don't blame him.

Lump your cash on back to back relegations.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsonblue said:

I find this departure to be in the same category as Lambert and Myers - people who came in, tried to change things, and realised it was impossible to do under the present ownership and hence walked away.  I suspect that, sadly, Mowbray will soon follow.   I must admit, having met Senior and spoken to him about the situation if relegation happened, I felt he might actually be able to take the club forward on a minimum budget.  He talked a lot of sense about introducing a wage structure that was realistic with regard to income levels.  The fact he has gone suggests that even that minimum budget is no longer available.  Rather than administration I suspect we are moving closer to the point where the owners simply opt to resign from the League, shut the whole operation down and then hold onto the land that they now own at Brockhall and Ewood.  I suspect that would be their favoured choice rather than administration, after all, isn't that what they did with the film studio they own. 

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Just when you think things here can't get any worse. Hopefully administration happens quickly, rather than prolonging it for another couple of years while we float around League 1 or lower.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

The man who said he had plans A and B plus a lot more about summer transfer activity now ups sticks the day after relegation. So lying is showing accountability and integrity.

Jesus wept and some people liked it?

He just wised up that we are a basket case that his particular skill set would fail at and did a runner.

On that score I don't blame him.

Lump your cash on back to back relegations.

Fair point. I am guessing he realised Venkys have a plan C in mind. 

I posted yesterday on the season tickets thread, that the accounts suggested administration was imminent. I firmly believe it will be the case at some point this month.

22 minutes ago, Grez said:

For me, to lead a team in a turnaround situation you need to have charisma, knowledge, drive and ability to get people all pulling in the same direction.  I felt he had the general management skill set that isn't easy to develop and not one in abundance at Rovers.  This is based on observations from working in many businesses over the years.  My impression of him was very good and personally think it will be a loss to the club.

His one act was to bring in a manager linked to his wife. Signed zero players, told fans of a better team in the summer and has jumped ship.

The man is a nobody and totally irrelevant. You are talking like Dalglish has left.

What an utterly revolting and disgraceful individual that Coar is.

Still, he seems happy enough with the arrangement that he's sat cosying up to Pasha in the directors box at games and had the brass neck to recently compare the structure at this club to the one Jack Walker had when he employed Coar as Chairman.

He'll still be hanging around like a bad smell when the club exits the league, which I suspect will happen within the next 5 years either through successive relegations or ceasing to exist as a club.

The day his name is no longer associated with this club can't come quickly enough.

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

Clearest indication yet that there is no money left at Rovers. If Venky's/Rovers had money then likes of Senior don't walkaway.

I think the Title of the thread is wrong. No way that imposter resigned so quickly after tellin people he recruited a team who got 102 pts  last time he was in League One.

Sacked .... no question. Another brainless appointment

I have no affinity to the man, I can only tell you what I have seen.  My concern is that this club has a massive job on its hands in its next 3 months just to be ready for next season.  Seeing the Director Of Football who is looking after the operational side of the club leave means that we are a key person down in our start for next year.  Who do you see in the board with the energy and enthusiasm to take on that task of overseeing all that?  Pascha, Coar, Silvester, or Cheston?

Just now, Speedie Dived said:

His one act was to bring in a manager linked to his wife. Signed zero players, told fans of a better team in the summer and has jumped ship.

The man is a nobody and totally irrelevant. You are talking like Dalglish has left.

Just now, Grez said:

I have no affinity to the man, I can only tell you what I have seen.  My concern is that this club has a massive job on its hands in its next 3 months just to be ready for next season.  Seeing the Director Of Football who is looking after the operational side of the club leave means that we are a key person down in our start for next year.  Who do you see in the board with the energy and enthusiasm to take on that task of overseeing all that?  Pascha, Coar, Silvester, or Cheston?

Football at our club is irrelevant until the owners leave.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Left cos he doesnt want to work in the 3rd division would be my thought. 

Or the owners decide to make Mowbray manager and let him do it his way?

Get your fiver to charity chadster 

I said they'd roll a head to make themselves feel better and probably think it'll pacify fans. All Paul Seniors fault now in their tiny minds but they've served him up so just carry on as usual now.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Mowbray will be next then.

What happened to his chats with fans about having a stronger squad whatever division we are in?

I personally feel very let down that he didn't stick around and let me throw that one back in his face, via email, on our arrival in the the League 1 relegation zone around mid-September. It was the only thing I was looking forward to.

Just now, tomphil said:

I said they'd roll a head to make themselves feel better and probably think it'll pacify fans. All Paul Seniors fault now in their tiny minds but they've served him up so just carry on as usual now.

How many times has that happened in the last seven years?

The fall guys must be well into double figures now.

Just now, lraC said:

I posted yesterday on the season tickets thread, that the accounts suggested administration was imminent. I firmly believe it will be the case at some point this month.

Depends how long the last set of money borrowed against STs will last although Barry & his bro will probably drip a bit of loose change into VLL again just to keep it ticking over whilst they ignore it again until after their summer hols. That's how it seems to go at this time of year and probably no other decisions on anything until 3 weeks before next season starts !

Just now, AggyBlue said:

How many times has that happened in the last seven years?

The fall guys must be well into double figures now.

That's the thing though it's window dressing all the time to deflect from the real issues. Remember the storm brewing and attention turning to Pasha then bang out the blue a very questionable appointment of a football consultant with an agent wife as DOF. Relegation and bang all the focus is on him going it's just more work of blatant con artists.

Just what the hell they are really using this club for God knows but it's about time every penny, transaction, staff on the payroll was scrutinised.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Let's wait and see what the owners say :wub:

Unless it's that they're jumping off Accy Arndale roof or that they're leaving the club, I couldn't care less what they say......

1 hour ago, david brent said:

I find this concerning. A poster on here, name escapes me, said he spoke to Paul Senior at half time in the JW Upper in a recent game. Senior told him we would have a better squad next season regardless of whether in the championship or league 1. He was therefore planning for the future even in the event of relegation. He clearly hadn't planned to resign if we were relegated.

It was me and he did say those things. He also said that the last time he was in League 1 he signed the players that brought 102 points to the club he was working for (Sheff Wed I presume) He didn't sound like a man who expected to be leaving.

40 minutes ago, DE. said:

Or Wonga.

Imagine getting knocked back by Wonga.

Our club is being absolutely cracked open and gutted and no-one with any power to stop it is doing a bloody thing about it.

It's nothing short of bloody scandalous.

Archived