BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owners Statement

51 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Quite.

Anyone with an ounce of integrity would have walked, if  an "agent" suddenly produced an appointee from the shadows after the recruitment process was complete.

Then to come out and call Clownpants.the outstanding candidate tells you everything you need to know about Cheston!

FOC!!

Pretty much this but we don't have integrity at board level hence i don't "blame" Cheston for Coyle merely pity his lack of a spine.

Would be an ok employee under/with a proper board and/or owners.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MGPensioner said:

At the next supporters meeting in September there will be more searching questions asked :-

Mike, did yourself take a pay cut upon relegation ?

Mike, how much did we pay in the last financial year for "management consultancy" fees, which specifically were paid by the club to employ Suhail ?

Mike, does the club support the application for an ACV for Brockhall ?

Unfortunately this time there will be no Owen or Paul to waste the oxygen. It will be the Mike Cheston show and he will wish he had resigned.

He won't. He'll go home, look at his bank account and say to himself whilst drinking hot chocolate: "Could be worse. Could have protests against me, i'll take 5 people in a meeting". Which is the saddest bit about this. 

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

The downsizing of the club continues. As others have mentioned, spending this 800k on auditors would have paid these guys salaries for the year or if spent in January could have kept us up and them in their jobs. Its almost as if they are planning for life in L1 and its not the temporary setback they first said it was. Perhaps this is what they wanted all along, devaluing the club so much that it costs them very little to run. What will be the next step?

There is always a slap in the face from these guys, tainting what otherwise seemed like a decent pre-season for once.

What worries me is that the downsizing could become permanent. If Raos find the club can tick along happily in the lower divisions, ie without much investment from them, where's the incentive for promotion?

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

What worries me is that the downsizing could become permanent. If Raos find the club can tick along happily in the lower divisions, ie without much investment from them, where's the incentive for promotion?

If as I suspect and so do many others if they're owning the club and using it as a accounting tool for their corporation then it suits to be in the lower leagues 

It's a sad do for all that have lost there jobs. Saying that though that you have to cut the cloth accordingly & theres a debt to reduce so sentiment in my book goes out of the window. The people are likely to have been recompensed & will get good references & government assistance dependant on overall income. I've suffered redundancy before you've just got to dust yourself down & get on with it. Can actually end up being a godsend if you move onto a better job.

9 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

What a cold and crass comment to make regarding a situation that is of no fault of the people involved.

I did say it was a sad do. It's not there fault I never said it was did I? There are obviously doing it because they have to not because they want to. I don't think they've suddenly woke up 1 morning got out of bed & thought to themselves who can we get rid of today. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They are voluntary redundancies,  people don't have to take it! 

Surely you know that compulsory redundancies usually follow a request for volunteers.

The reality is rank bad management ultimately necessitates job losses. Shouldn't have cost an additional £800k to KPMG and co to work it out mind!

30 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

It's a sad do for all that have lost there jobs. Saying that though that you have to cut the cloth accordingly & theres a debt to reduce so sentiment in my book goes out of the window. The people are likely to have been recompensed & will get good references & government assistance dependant on overall income. I've suffered redundancy before you've just got to dust yourself down & get on with it. Can actually end up being a godsend if you move onto a better job.

Worst post on here for quite some time.. Try those words on someone who relies on that wage to pay the mortgage or rent or a single parent bringing up kids or a one wage income family.. 

Callous fella 

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Surely you know that compulsory redundancies usually follow a request for volunteers.

The reality is rank bad management ultimately necessitates job losses. Shouldn't have cost an additional £800k to KPMG and co to work it out mind!

As it stands, they are voluntary. So I deal in facts, not speculation. 

The usual over the top  reaction here has people jumping straight to something that hasn't actually happened 

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Thats the norm on mainland UK or anywhere else unless different where BDS lives 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

As it stands, they are voluntary. So I deal in facts, not speculation. 

The usual over the top  reaction here has people jumping straight to something that hasn't actually happened 

Jobs aren't exactly growing on trees in this town... So what facts are you going on about 

5 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Worst post on here for quite some time.. Try those words on someone who relies on that wage to pay the mortgage or rent or a single parent bringing up kids or a one wage income family.. 

Callous fella 

No that's surmising that all the people effected will all suddenly run into financial trouble to me that's unlikely as a worse casebook scenario. There's nothing like exaggerating something to try & make someone feel like poo. It's not working by the way. I feel sorry for the people so don't turn it round the people are more likely to be ok than some Charles dickens novel you've concocted up.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

That the redundancies are voluntary. Do you know what voluntary means? 

Well whenever a company doesn't get the required vrs it then goes compulsory.. I don't know where you live but it's obviously not in Blackburn.. Like I've said jobs are very hard to come by 

1 minute ago, Bluebarley said:

No that's surmising that all the people effected will all suddenly run into financial trouble to me that's unlikely as a worse casebook scenario. There's nothing like exaggerating something to try & make someone feel like poo. It's not working by the way. I feel sorry for the people so don't turn it round the people are more likely to be ok than some Charles dickens novel you've concocted up.

Not concocted anything.. It grates me when people lose their jobs having been in a similar situation myself especially when it was avoidable and the 800k auditing costs makes it more frustrating 

Also the wording Voluntary doesn't actually mean it is voluntary more likely a best case scenario or they'll make it compulsory 

3 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Not concocted anything.. It grates me when people lose their jobs having been in a similar situation myself especially when it was avoidable and the 800k auditing costs makes it more frustrating 

Also the wording Voluntary doesn't actually mean it is voluntary more likely a best case scenario or they'll make it compulsory 

I'm not happy that the people have lost there jobs. Hopefully when we get promoted they will get rehired.

"We're streamlining the business!"

Ahhhh! That old chestnut. Sugar-coated redundancies and profit-saving for the shareholders.

So, hands up. Who's heard that statement over the last five years in their workplace? I've heard it plenty of times, along with bullsh*t emails with a hollow pat on the back to all remaining staff for "all of your hard work", and "tough and difficult decisions have to be made".

I'd have more respect for them if they were honest and said outright that profits have to be kept up to please the shareholders, and you little folk are the fall guys.

That's how it works. The sh*t side of capitalism. Then again, the sh*t side of communism and nationalism is death, so I suppose redundancies are a lesser evil. Mind you, that time my old boss walked into the room and told us all that he can either fire one of us, or we can all take a 10% pay cut, wasn't exactly my favourite time in life.

Good luck to all those who've suffered. This situation is always horrible, and through no fault of their own. In most cases, I think you'll find it's bad management at the top causes this.

39 minutes ago, AshleyClifford said:

I would hope we don't have 40 + admin people to start with . but I'm sure there are people on here more expert than me. 

I doubt there are too but I was just putting it in context. I read there are 98 non-footballing staff.

• Moderation Lead

£800k on two accounting firms, pay offs for Leon Best, Anthony Stokes and many many others and now redundancies because we need to cut costs...

Venky's in a nutshell.

Now we know why Eric Kinder resigned....he would have had to make several integral people redundant at Brockhall, WHILST trying to keep the Academy functioning to over-ambitious Sohail 'Critical Success Factors'.

And the overall saving will probably only equal what we paid the Accountants.

AND we still do not have a compliant management structure. Where's Dunn FC when we need him?

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The academy has to have certain amount of coaches, equipment and facilities to maintain category 1 status.

Isnt this just Ewood Park staff as I believe Mowbray will be a couple of new additions to the coaching staff

How often do they grade it though ?

Archived