BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester Bombing

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, dave birch said:

I'm fairly sure we can already deport people to the country of their parents origin. Although with the old 1998 human rights act issues are difficult to overcome in actually doing it. Oh the irony of protecting the rights of people like that

11 hours ago, Baz said:

Time not to give up our principles and continue to stand firmly together in our multi -faith, multicultural, tolerant and democratic society.

Bullshit. Multi culturism aint working. Its for people like you that this thing will keep happening. They dont want to asimilate into our society. Thats obvious. They despise us in the main. They wont tell you that. Im not saying theyre all like that but the vast majority do. I can imagine alot of them in their homes or taxis are going 'get in there'. We have bent over backwards for them and they still slap us in the face. NO MORE!!! i have been spat on by them and called white trash and these are people i work with

Just now, roverandout said:

Bullshit. Multi culturism aint working. Its for people like you that this thing will keep happening. They dont want to asimilate into our society. Thats obvious. They despise us in the main. They wont tell you that. Im not saying theyre all like that but the vast majority do. I can imagine alot of them in their homes or taxis are going 'get in there'. We have bent over backwards for them and they still slap us in the face. NO MORE!!! i have been spat on by them and called white trash and these are people i work with

Wow. 'Them and 'They'. A whole host of people pigeonholed in one foul swoop.  I've no doubt you've had bad experiences and I too personally know some Asian people who are beyond  rude, ignorant, some actually vile individuals to be honest but like any, that is a segment of that culture. I am also aware of some utterly disgusting white British People, loads in fact. From school there are druggies, thieves, killers, people sent down for sexual offences, conmen, every kind of skank you can imagine. Every fight I've ever had is with a white lad. Every time I have been stolen from has been a white person. Britain has many issues and I can't agree with your blanket approach - but I have MANY Asian male and female friends who are healthcare workers, restaurant workers, teachers, taxi drivers, policemen...pretty much every occupation you can think of and they don't despise me, they are kind, generous, great parents and in my opinion assimilating just fine.

5 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

I am not racist

I just expect most would back the muslim side over british values

If we needed conscription for a world war I think you would quickly see how many of these british born are british.

you would probably be a conscientious objector 

Surely we haven't all forgotten the "What British Muslims Really Think" survey (originally broadcast on (lefty) Channel 4 if memory serves correct).

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7861/british-muslims-survey

'More than  100,000 Sympathise with suicide bombers'

'66% wouldn't report terrorists to the authorities'

That's all you need to know.

Just now, Pedro said:

Wow. 'Them and 'They'. A whole host of people pigeonholed in one foul swoop.  I've no doubt you've had bad experiences and I too personally know some Asian people who are beyond  rude, ignorant, some actually vile individuals to be honest but like any, that is a segment of that culture. I am also aware of some utterly disgusting white British People, loads in fact. From school there are druggies, thieves, killers, people sent down for sexual offences, conmen, every kind of skank you can imagine. Every fight I've ever had is with a white lad. Every time I have been stolen from has been a white person. Britain has many issues and I can't agree with your blanket approach - but I have MANY Asian male and female friends who are healthcare workers, restaurant workers, teachers, taxi drivers, policemen...pretty much every occupation you can think of and they don't despise me, they are kind, generous, great parents and in my opinion assimilating just fine.

I said theyre not all like that. I too have some asian freinds/co workers who i get on with but their religion is far stronger than any freindship. If it came down to siding with you or their religion when the day of reckoning comes, theres only going to be one winner. Look im not racist. I am very tolerant of everybody and i take people on face value but islam and british way of life are not good bedfellows.

Just now, Husky said:

Surely we haven't all forgotten the "What British Muslims Really Think" survey (originally broadcast on (lefty) Channel 4 if memory serves correct).

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7861/british-muslims-survey

'More than  100,000 Sympathise with suicide bombers'

'66% wouldn't report terrorists to the authorities'

That's all you need to know.

That's over a year old...alot changes in that time 

Amidst all the group tags, the non-credible sources and the anger, one thing is obvious.

These people are winning. Not only are they creating their own "jihad" through developing mass hysteria of a group of religious people, they are creating a huge divide in society between EVERYBODY else, making us weaker.

DONT LET THEM WIN. They want you to hate a religion that they cannot represent, save your hatred and anger for them as sick individuals. Don't give them the excuse of "brainwashing" because that takes the blame from their own sadistic hands. 

Dont let them divide the rest of us, pointing fingers at "apologisers" because that is WHAT THESE VILE SCUMBAGS WANT. 

The reasons for these actions stem decades, with mistakes made. They won't stop by falling into the trap that these scumbags have set.

The answers aren't simple, they take time, talk and action if necessary but not the kind of sponsored civil wars that have obviously haven't worked.

Encryption, data and the internet complicate this 1000x times over again, this can only be stopped through UNITY.

Just now, Biz said:

DONT LET THEM WIN. They want you to hate a religion that they cannot represent, save your hatred and anger for them as sick individuals. Don't give them the excuse of "brainwashing" because that takes the blame from their own sadistic hands. 

Whilst I can agree with much of what you said, this cut stands out:

When you look around you, which ones are the ones that don't want to harm you, and which ones are the ones that want to take your head off?

Whether you are sympathetic to them or not, if you get in the way of the bad ones, you are gone.

So not in favour of taking the possible threat off the streets Biz?

The French are taking a pro active approach, tracking their home growns when they leave France for a "holiday in Jahadiland" and arranging for them to disappear when they are there. Obviously no chance of them returning, sounds good to me as a start

Just now, roverandout said:

I said theyre not all like that. I too have some asian freinds/co workers who i get on with but their religion is far stronger than any freindship. If it came down to siding with you or their religion when the day of reckoning comes, theres only going to be one winner. Look im not racist. I am very tolerant of everybody and i take people on face value but islam and british way of life are not good bedfellows.

I don't doubt that there are extreme individuals who we have to be very wary of but that is exactly what they are. I can't pretend to have studied the Qur'an but I honestly don't think there is a section on killing innocents and wreaking havoc and fear (to be fair though, from my time at Sunday school, the Christian God was a bit hasty with wiping out innocents if you didn't listen and knock up a flat pack arc...he's quite a moody God at times). I don't think there will come a day where my lifelong friends will want to see me off in the name of religion.

On a serious note, more than ever, I do feel wary of being in a city or going to events.  I was at the MEN two days before the recent attack and was in Brussels when a loony was stabbing people on a bus. These people exist and they are out there but who knows for what twisted or retaliatory reasons they do this heinous stuff.  

Just now, Husky said:

Well there certainly won't be any kind of 'attack' at Edgbaston cricket ground today.

Serious question , why not? obviously there will be more security, but these extreme nutters are quite happy to kill people of the supposedly same religion.and are doing so on a daily basis in various parts of the world.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

If more extremists are created by deporting extremists then get rid of them as well. Start here and try and find them wherever they may be across the planet. I'm not talking about all Muslim just extremists I know muslims who hate this lot more than anyone I know because as well as being appalled at their actions they feel as though it tars them with the same brush.

My suggestions would make the uk safer. You offer no solutions 

Unfortunately our entire way of life and stability depend on the rule of law and due process. If you abridge it to start penalising people merely on suspicion then we're all @#/?. It will create a precedent which will then be used in future to suppress political opposition a la Russia, Venuzeula etc. The judicial system has existed for hundreds of years for a reason.

What's really dispiriting is so many are willing to chuck out civil liberties in the face of what are historically low level terror incidents. We are nowhere near the severity seen in the 70s-90s with the IRA campaign .

I would suggest those losing their heads pull themselves together and grow a bit of backbone.

As for solutions - it's pretty straightforward.  Continue to strengthen the detection and prevention systems, carry on as normal. The situation is no more serious than it was in the 70s-90s, and significantly better than during the world wars. We'll get through it.

• Backroom
Just now, Pedro said:

I don't doubt that there are extreme individuals who we have to be very wary of but that is exactly what they are. I can't pretend to have studied the Qur'an but I honestly don't think there is a section on killing innocents and wreaking havoc and fear (to be fair though, from my time at Sunday school, the Christian God was a bit hasty with wiping out innocents if you didn't listen and knock up a flat pack arc...he's quite a moody God at times). I don't think there will come a day where my lifelong friends will want to see me off in the name of religion.

Both the Old Testament and the Qur'an have some ridiculous passages by modern day standards, particularly when it comes to violence and misogyny. But considering they were written thousands of years ago by people in vastly different societies to those we have today, that's not surprising. No text from thousands of years ago should be expected to correlate with modern values. Problem is that the "holy books" are apparently the word of God and therefore are considered to transcend things like societal progress. It's a problem, make no mistake about that. Many Christians pretty much ignore the Old Testament (and a lot of the New Testament) these days and pretty much go by their own loose rules of being a good person and equating that to their religion. Muslims meanwhile are generally more steadfast in adhering to their holy texts and also listen to the very questionable Hadiths produced by scholars who claim it to be the word of God as well. One religion has loosened its grip, another has increased its hold. I guess that's why Christian numbers are declining in traditional strongholds like the UK and US whilst Islam grows. Realistically only one of those religions is taking itself particularly seriously in the modern world.

With that said, if Christians and Muslims both took their holy books 100% seriously all the time there would be absolute chaos and division across the world. Nowadays it's popular to say that the texts need to be "interpreted" rather than admitting they are simply outdated. This leads to certain interpretations being literal and to some particularly violent and nasty people a justification for atrocities committed either by themselves or those who follow these texts in a specific way. 

Can religion be harnessed as a power of good? Yes, but the popular religions all have history books stained with blood, violence and corruption. Fundamental change would be required to morph religion into a genuine, long-standing force for good in the modern world - and because we aren't supposed to tamper with the "word of God" that is sadly unlikely to happen in my lifetime. 

28 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Something my old man said to me in the 80's after he worked in Blackburn for a number of years and observed at close hand how things were changing so rapidly and how the local authorities were having to bend over to accommodate.

'there'll be an uprising and there will be blood on the streets one day'   Why, I asked ? 'because wherever this religion is in the world there is bloodshed. It's agenda driven and it just doesn't sit with the way things are in this country and never will. Once it takes hold in number there'll be big problems'

Didn't quite get it at the time but I do now !

It's times like this that you realise how thin the veneer of civilisation is in some people. I can see how the cattle trucks and  gas chambers came about in Nazi Germany now.

Our laws have withstood all sorts of threats over the years, several more terrifying than the ones we face today. If we take measures that go outside the law ISIS will have won.

Thing is when they drive a large van into large groups of people on a bridge in one of the most diverse, multicultural & tourist cities in the world how the hell do they know they aren't mowing down a few fellow muslims ?

They don't and they don't care.

Internment was acknowledged to be a failure in Northern Ireland. It just created more IRA supporters from the sections of the Catholic population that was previously apathetic towards the IRA. As far as deporting people goes, you are assuming that other countries will accept most of these people. I can't see why they should.

Just now, tomphil said:

Thing is when they drive a large van into large groups of people on a bridge in one of the most diverse, multicultural & tourist cities in the world how the hell do they know they aren't mowing down a few fellow muslims ?

They don't and they don't care.

By far the biggest victims of ISIS, Al Quaeda etc are Muslims. Thousands and thousands are killed every year in Afghanistan, Iraq, Nigeria, Syria, Turkey etc etc. Sunnis, Shi'ites.

It's pure murderous terrorism irrespective of colour or creed. 

Archived