BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

iF. Big if. We have lost to Doncaster, and Wimbledon at home already plus defeats to Oldham and Southend. Are you confident we will take 6 points from Blackpool and Fleetwood. I'm not. If I was then I would still be backing him

All depends whether the players actually turn up and put in a proper shift and played to their ability and stop hiding. Players need to work hard and remember what the club badge stand for. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All depends whether the players actually turn up and put in a proper shift and played to their ability and stop hiding. Players need to work hard and remember what the club badge stand for. 

True . The question is .... Is TM capable of doing that. So far all the signs point to he cant

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Remind me who bought half of them and who is in charge of motivating them?

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't think Sir Alex, Jose or Conte needed to worry about the players not turning up.

Your post says it all - Mowbray commands little respect, there is no fear.  Holiday camp scenario.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Remind me who bought half of them and who is in charge of motivating them?

why should players need motivating? they get paid hell of a lot more than the average person to do a job we would love to do for that amount of money. 

Playing for the club and fans should mean their play to their ability and give 100% whether they are having a good game or bad game. 

Its time these players step up and stop hiding. I would love to see these to a normal job like working in warehouse environment and doing a proper job!

do you need motivating in your job? I don't I just go in and do my job to the best of my ability

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

why should players need motivating? they get paid hell of a lot more than the average person to do a job we would love to do for that amount of money. 

Playing for the club and fans should mean their play to their ability and give 100% whether they are having a good game or bad game. 

Its time these players step up and stop hiding. I would love to see these to a normal job like working in warehouse environment and doing a proper job!

do you need motivating in your job? I don't I just go in and do my job to the best of my ability

First thing you notice in a side managed by an under par manager is a drop in motivation. That said, a lack of tactical plan is the main thing.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

First thing you notice in a side managed by an under par manager is a drop in motivation. That said, a lack of tactical plan is the main thing.

so the players give up and that acceptable is it? 

its time these players realised that they are playing a club and the fans and their job paid more than the average fan earns. its about time players stop hiding and grow a set of balls and start performing. nothing should the players from giving 100% all the time. 

also notice you didn't answer my question to you but as per usual you just ignore it

its time these players realised that they are playing a club and the fans and their job paid more than the average fan earns. its about time players stop hiding and grow a set of balls and start performing. nothing should the players from giving 100% all the time. 

also notice you didn't answer my question to you but as per usual you just ignore it

I really don't see players giving up Chaddy. I just see average ones with no game plan.

However, if they still really aren't giving 100%, what are the options? Either put a load of kids in or sack Mowbray.

Did I say that.

For me the biggest problem is his tactical incompetence, not a lack of effort, its a lack of ideas. And half of the squad are his signings, why is he signing so many players with bad attitudes if you think thats what they have?

If its the players fault only, why not keep Coyle?

What question?

Yeah there will be grafters like you that put a shift in. There'll be other people that will be busting a gut to get promoted etc.

Then there'll be the ones on their mobile phone when the gaffer isn't watching, the ones that are stood by the clocking machine at 4-25, ready and waiting to bail out. After that you get the wasters who just do the minimum to avoid getting fired.

If your management is lax before you know it the wasters have demotivated the grafters.

Well football teams are just the same, even pro teams. That's our problem, we haven't got enough grafters like you Chaddy and we've got too many wasters.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You've answered your own question there Chaddy.

If you think back to when Souness took over, he cracked a few heads and turned things around quickly and that was down to attitude changes rather than any fancy tactics. Same needed now, someone to instil a bit of fear, a Roy Keane type.

• Backroom
33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

not my view. 

I wouldn't be sacking him after 11 games. 

Didn't you advocate sacking De Boer after 4-5 games?

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did I say that.

For me the biggest problem is his tactical incompetence, not a lack of effort, its a lack of ideas. And half of the squad are his signings, why is he signing so many players with bad attitudes if you think thats what they have?

If its the players fault only, why not keep Coyle?

What question?

yes it sounded like it. 

look at the players ive mention with bad attitude. players like Ward, Williams and Graham for a start. 

Coyle proved it by results that he wasn't good enough. But I bet the players will tell you that Coyle was a good manager and good to work with. I say this after listening to Nigel Reo Coker comments on talksport this week. 

My 1st reply had a question so look back and stop expecting me to do the work for you. it was a simple question

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I really don't see players giving up Chaddy. I just see average ones with no game plan.

However, if they still really aren't giving 100%, what are the options? Either put a load of kids in or sack Mowbray.

I would put a couple of kids in. Bruce did it and results turned around and now are 7th. when he did that they well in bottom 6

Archived