BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

Just now, klc_2012 said:

Even including our 2 no shows at the start of the season we are on course for 73 goals (1.6 per game). So not that huge a leap but agree that Graham is worrying as i think many of us (including TM) expected him to bag in this division.

yes Klc , point taken but most successful teams at this level will be running at about 90 goals I would expect and probably would have a 30+ goalscorer in that with a fair few in the teens behind. I don't see that in our set up if I'm honest and I don't think Mowbray sets his teams up to play that way. this obsession with a no 10 role playing off the main striker appears a wee bit more cautious than most of us on here think is appropriate for our squad calibre in this Division. Put it this way, we might be towards the upper end of the league table for the most part (and if we get up then fine) but you don't see us sweeping all before us and romping to promotion as some teams do in this league. It looks like being more of a grinding out of points (again fine if it delivers the end result) which means that we will be living on our nerves for much of the season . EG 2 good wins last week on the face of it but both could have had quite different results and they were games we should have been out of sight in.

The set up of the team and more worryingly his tactical substitutions just leave me a bit uneasy to say the least. Lets hope Samuel doesn't get injured or I don't know how we will set up.  

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Therein lies the rub: take our chances and those 1-0 wins would have been 2/3/4 - 0 instead. Suggests the tactics are ok but we lack a little bit of quality. Prior to the season having Graham seemed like 25 goals guaranteed and at worst a fantastic option for the last 30 mins. Now, as you say, what happens if Samuel gets injured...

Either Nuttall should be tried or a signing in January will be needed.

Definitely another striker needed in January, Graham is not up to it, especially at home when they park the bus. He does not have the movement or pace to be able to do anything. God forbid if Samuel gets injured, been very impressed with him although he is not what you would call a natural finisher. Works hard, creates space and runs the channels - everything Graham cant or wont do.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Definitely another striker needed in January, Graham is not up to it, especially at home when they park the bus. He does not have the movement or pace to be able to do anything. God forbid if Samuel gets injured, been very impressed with him although he is not what you would call a natural finisher. Works hard, creates space and runs the channels - everything Graham cant or wont do.

Graham's legs look like they've gone Nuttall needs a chance the only problem is his agent screwing the club over for his services.

41 minutes ago, JAL said:

Graham's legs look like they've gone Nuttall needs a chance the only problem is his agent screwing the club over for his services.

How is the Club being screwed? By whom and by how much? What are the details? Do you have anything to back up what you alledge?

All genuine questions.

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Can Graham even finish anymore? 

4 hours ago, JAL said:

Oh jeez, why do we put up with this bile? If you've got some information, share it. If you haven't, just save it.

No wonder BRFCS is a fantasists playground, when this type of baseless conspiracy is accepted as the norm 

I am genuinely intrigued how it is remotely possible for the agent of this young player to screw Rovers.

Joe basically failed to make any impression in 2 years in Scotland and was released by Aberdeen.

Rovers gave him a trial, he impressed, and we gave him a 1 year contract plus a 1 year option.

That's it as far as I can see. No screws in sight.

19 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am genuinely intrigued how it is remotely possible for the agent of this young player to screw Rovers.

Joe basically failed to make any impression in 2 years in Scotland and was released by Aberdeen.

Rovers gave him a trial, he impressed, and we gave him a 1 year contract plus a 1 year option.

40 minutes ago, Biz said:

Oh jeez, why do we put up with this bile? If you've got some information, share it. If you haven't, just save it.

No wonder BRFCS is a fantasists playground, when this type of baseless conspiracy is accepted as the norm 

Hmm ..For every fantasist, there's a Venky apologist or someone else, trying to reconcile us into accepting the unacceptable...

5 hours ago, JAL said:

I've been thinking along them lines for abit now that they are playing hardball with the club, same as any agent to be fair they all want the best for they clients & themselves of course. I think he's got to be patient without buckling down to any agent pressure the club will realise that I should imagine.

19 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Hmm ..For every fantasist, there's a Venky apologist or someone else, trying to reconcile us into accepting the unacceptable...

I've never seen a single post defending the owners actions, not from anything legitimate or well thought out anyway.

By the way, where is the relevance to just posting rumour as fact? I fail to see it.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yeh totally agree ! I'm thinking more about what's expected financially to sign big Joe on for a further few years that's all. 5k a week ?

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well I'm most certainly not a Venky apologist, how very dare you ;) (nor do I know what a 'reconcilist'  would be up to)

I would have expected my posting history to endorse this.

I just asked JAL for some clarity re Joe's agent, which he has kindly done. Sort of.

7 hours ago, JAL said:

45 minutes ago, JAL said:

Yeh totally agree ! I'm thinking more about what's expected financially to sign big Joe on for a further few years that's all. 5k a week ?

So you don't know anything, but you're speculating in a manner that would suggest you want everyone to think you do know something. I think they call that attention-seeking.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

So you don't know anything, but you're speculating in a manner that would suggest you want everyone to think you do know something. I think they call that attention-seeking.

There's me thinking it was simple to understand how wrong was I.

4 hours ago, Biz said:

I've never seen a single post defending the owners actions, not from anything legitimate or well thought out anyway.

By the way, where is the relevance to just posting rumour as fact? I fail to see it.

Words like bile and fantasist are loaded, as you well know. Hell, they might even  be used to silence anyone with the temerity to voice suspicion about the purpose and function of contracts and  transfers?

Is being suspicious about Blackburn Rovers contracts and transfer activity really so off the wall?

There is little trust and with good reason. 

And thinking of transfers, there are quite a few that spring to mind without my even having to google..Jordan Slew, Myles Anderson, Diogo Rosado, Paulo Jorge, Edinho Junior all seem let's say strange. And as for the Rochina agent slice, let's not even go there! 

If you are thinking( like I did) that all that finished long ago, I would merely point to the left field appointment of Owen Coyle and his links to you know who.

As for Venky apologist,I deliberately chose a similarly loaded phrase to your own. While you might not recall a single post defending their actions, there have been many ridiculing protesters and questioning the loyalty/sanity of boycotters etc Indeed, this very message board even sponsors a blog that is routinely littered with cheap jibes against those who seek to make some sort of stand.There also any number of reconciling/normalising/acceptance messages e.g. Rovers have found their natural level etc.

Anyway, at the meeting tonight, I thought it was interesting to hear TM articulate how he wanted transfers to be done differently...stuff about putting a jigsaw piece together in order to make a functional team.  

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Well I'm most certainly not a Venky apologist, how very dare you ;) (nor do I know what a 'reconcilist'  would be up to)

I would have expected my posting history to endorse this.

I just asked JAL for some clarity re Joe's agent, which he has kindly done. Sort of.

Haha..Dunno how your post was quoted, I only meant to quote Biz's!

13 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Words like bile and fantasist are loaded, as you well know. Hell, they might even  be used to silence anyone with the temerity to voice suspicion about the purpose and function of contracts and  transfers?

Is being suspicious about Blackburn Rovers contracts and transfer activity really so off the wall?

There is little trust and with good reason. 

And thinking of transfers, there are quite a few that spring to mind without my even having to google..Jordan Slew, Myles Anderson, Diogo Rosado, Paulo Jorge, Edinho Junior all seem let's say strange. And as for the Rochina agent slice, let's not even go there! 

If you are thinking( like I did) that all that finished long ago, I would merely point to the left field appointment of Owen Coyle and his links to you know who.

As for Venky apologist,I deliberately chose a similarly loaded phrase to your own. While you might not recall a single post defending their actions, there have been many ridiculing protesters and questioning the loyalty/sanity of boycotters etc Indeed, this very message board even sponsors a blog that is routinely littered with cheap jibes against those who seek to make some sort of stand.There also any number of reconciling/normalising/acceptance messages e.g. Rovers have found their natural level etc.

Anyway, at the meeting tonight, I thought it was interesting to hear TM articulate how he wanted transfers to be done differently...stuff about putting a jigsaw piece together in order to make a functional team.  

Bile and fantasist are loaded? I'm afraid I disagree. It's calling a spade a spade. 

This "rant" you've aimed at me is the result of me saying exactly what JAL did; make up something shocking to either stir the pot or what blueboy pointed out.

Suspicion is one thing, assumption is another. Do I expect suspicion when you've got recent examples of agents receiving 1.6m for 400k signings? Ofcourse. Does that justify the creating your own made up lack of substance stories about agents? No it doesn't.

You cannot defend it, no matter how much you try to bring it into "walk away'ers vs thick and thinners", which is completely irrelevant to my original issue.

Bringing Meadows into this completely undermines your issue with his content also. You're complaining about his opinion on the scenario, because it differs to your own. I guarantee that you'd have no problem with his "loaded" terms if they tallied up against your own, just like I haven't seen you picking up Neal, Gav et al this morning in the meeting thread - who's descriptions of those still wanting to engage with the club, are far worse than Meadows occasional lack of tact.

Just now, Biz said:

Bile and fantasist are loaded? I'm afraid I disagree. It's calling a spade a spade. 

That's OK so long as you can take it as well as give it. You tend to cry foul when you don't like others calling a spade a spade.

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

That's OK so long as you can take it as well as give it. You tend to cry foul when you don't like others calling a spade a spade.

I don't think calling a season ticket a "thumbs up" to the ownership is comparable to just making stuff up for the sake of attention. 

Archived