BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Didn't you advocate sacking De Boer after 4-5 games?

But again you didn't look at the reasons why he was sacked and the discontent between the Chairman and himself plus his training method and the morale and team spirit in the squad towards him. 

said this at the time. but you have choose to ignore it

Just now, Hasta said:

No.

Can we at least agree on this 1 single thing, you clearly see things differently, pretty much pointless in terms of further engagement. You clearly have a different mindset in terms of acceptance, recognition & relaxation. Night.

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so the players give up and that acceptable is it? 

its time these players realised that they are playing a club and the fans and their job paid more than the average fan earns. its about time players stop hiding and grow a set of balls and start performing. nothing should the players from giving 100% all the time. 

also notice you didn't answer my question to you but as per usual you just ignore it

"I thought we competed against a team who are at this moment confident" - Mowbray post match 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But again you didn't look at the reasons why he was sacked and the discontent between the Chairman and himself plus his training method and the morale and team spirit in the squad towards him. 

said this at the time. but you have choose to ignore it

De Boer wanted to change the style there but wasn't supported financially. He was left trying to play his brand of football without 'his' players so it was an impossible job for him. The chairman shouldn't have appointed him if he'd done his homework but gone for a safe pair of hands who'd work under the financial restrictions. Like Woy.

Just now, LDRover said:

De Boer wanted to change the style there but wasn't supported financially. He was left trying to play his brand of football without 'his' players so it was an impossible job for him. The chairman shouldn't have appointed him if he'd done his homework but gone for a safe pair of hands who'd work under the financial restrictions. Like Woy.

Parish made a massive mistake there

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

yes it sounded like it. 

look at the players ive mention with bad attitude. players like Ward, Williams and Graham for a start. 

Coyle proved it by results that he wasn't good enough. But I bet the players will tell you that Coyle was a good manager and good to work with. I say this after listening to Nigel Reo Coker comments on talksport this week. 

My 1st reply had a question so look back and stop expecting me to do the work for you. it was a simple question

I would put a couple of kids in. Bruce did it and results turned around and now are 7th. when he did that they well in bottom 6

What about the tactical incompetence, constant changing of formation, positions and players and thus inability to get any consistency or attacking threata despite getting free reign and vast resources to make his attack?

And obviously Coyles results werent good enough, neither are Mowbrays, probably wouldnt sack him now but hes getting closer.

.. The manager and every player let 3500 fans down today and it's not been the 1st time this season.. Now I don't mind players being not good enough as long as they'll have a go.. Most on there today either couldn't have been bothered or were told to stand off em.. In this league you've got to be hungry get stuck in first give 110 percent.. Sadly none of that happened 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

we are 3 points of the playoffs with 2 games in hand. and we haven't played to our level yet. 

I have not reach panic stations yet

Our level???????? ... We've been poor for the majority of the season we sit 10th in league one yes 10th in league one 

Give your a head a shake.. There were a lot of boos and cat calling along with your not fit too wear the shirt.. That was when the players came to applaud the fans 

Just now, Athlete said:

A utterance of delusion 

The contrast in the demeanour of the two respective managers was very revealing. Wellens was stood on the very edge of his technical area in a track suit constantly shouting instructions to the Oldham  players. He was obviously kicking every ball in his head.

Our guy was stood back in a suit, just watching the game. The only time he got actively involved was during breaks in play when the players came over to the touch line.

Well out of the 13 players signed in the summer only two have been worth it, Chapman and Smallwood, the rest are sh-it. Samuel some may say but I think he is a disgrace of a player 

4 minutes ago, AAK said:

Well out of the 13 players signed in the summer only two have been worth it, Chapman and Smallwood, the rest are sh-it. Samuel some may say but I think he is a disgrace of a player 

I'd say only Smallwood tbh on today's showing Chapman isn't fast enough and acted like a petulant kid.. There's a reason he's not in the starting 11 and another reason he's on loan here 

46 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

"I thought we competed against a team who are at this moment confident" - Mowbray post match 

This guy has lost not only his players but his grip on reality, and a little of his dignity.

Just now, Athlete said:

I'd say only Smallwood tbh on today's showing Chapman isn't fast enough and acted like a petulant kid.. There's a reason he's not in the starting 11 and another reason he's on loan here 

I'd say Chapman has a chip on both shoulders. If he's not careful he'll waste the talent he's got. Knocking the ball past the full back and trying to take him on when he's five yards away and already  prepared for a foot race is idiotic.

I dunno if its good thing or bad thing atm, players seem to be playing for TM or at least not rubbing against the grain of TM . I cant remember the last player we had that was motivated by wearing the shirt ..Tugay? TM is un-motivational against a team/squad of players that are just turning up for a wage.

Obviously the whole set up is wrong but transfer targets from the manager should be the first question of why do you want to play for Blackburn. Only then will you assemble a squad of players who will put a shift in.

ATM the buck is stopping with TM as he brought the players in and we are massively under-performing, the players and manager cant use the excuse of owners 7 yrs down the line Id say the responsibility lies  60/40 manager/players.

TM has no plan B and he should have a plan A that is knocking down walls in this league.

At the moment nobody wants to play for Blackburn Rovers because of who we are. Lots would come and play for the money pure and simple but some ( think Smallwood ) have that inner desire that transcends pure pound note signs when they cross that white line. They are winners, they want to win, they'll do what ever it takes - nothing else matters for 90 minutes.

It's an attitude, a state of mind.

Our problem is we haven't got enough of the winners.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

At the moment nobody wants to play for Blackburn Rovers because of who we are. Lots would come and play for the money pure and simple but some ( think Smallwood ) have that inner desire that transcends pure pound note signs when they cross that white line. They are winners, they want to win, they'll do what ever it takes - nothing else matters for 90 minutes.

It's an attitude, a state of mind.

Our problem is we haven't got enough of the winners.

We haven't.

All boils down to the manager.  He signs the players, coaches them, organises/disorganises them, selects a team and tactics (though not sure on the latter !!!) and enthuses them or, perhaps in Mowbray's case, bores and dulls them.

Bottom line, we've the wrong manager.

Just now, Mercer said:

We haven't.

All boils down to the manager.  He signs the players, coaches them, organises/disorganises them, selects a team and tactics (though not sure on the latter !!!) and enthuses them or, perhaps in Mowbray's case, bores and dulls them.

Bottom line, we've the wrong manager.

It's starting to look that way. Nobody is going to tell me that Oldham have better players talent wise than we have but the difference in attitude was stark this afternoon.

The players are more than good enough for this league. Whether they're motivated, trained and prepared enough for this league is up for question. If that answer remains no, as it is at the minute, then fingers will be pointing at the people paid to motivate, train and prepare them. I.e Mowbray's crew. If we aren't within striking distance of the top 2 by the end  of November, with the players we have and the money we've spent, then Mowbray needs relieving of his position and someone capable of doing that needs bringing in. Personally, and I didn't think I would say this even 6 months ago, but I think Johnson / Dunn might be able to do the job of getting us up in the interim, using some of our U23's and the style of play they have instilled in the youngsters,  and then get a good Championship manager in the Summer. Hopefully Mowbray will sort it before then and we don't have to pray Venkys don't @#/? it up and appoint David Lowe or Wee Dougie though. 

Archived