BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

On 06/10/2017 at 17:21, Parsonblue said:

I thought we were all on the side of Blackburn Rovers.

Meant to be I often wonder. No time for bickering or backbiting best saying what you want or need to say & making a sharp exit. Let them that want to continue any infighting or vested agendas battle it out amongst themselves, makes no odds to some who just want to simply to do there own thing & enjoy what it is.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, davulsukur said:

Not the man to take us up. Can’t get the best out of the players, todays result is absolutely unacceptable. 

12 points off 2nd, play offs at best but I’m not remotely confident of that.

Not just the result - the performance, tactis and everything else. I have liked the bloke and given him time but he himself said that he expects to get sacked if he dont take us up. he is not taking us up despite being the biggest spenders in the league with the biggest wage budget - these were his signings and apart from Smallwood and perhaps Samuel (though he has faded) they have not been good enough.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Not just the result - the performance, tactis and everything else. I have liked the bloke and given him time but he himself said that he expects to get sacked if he dont take us up. he is not taking us up despite being the biggest spenders in the league with the biggest wage budget - these were his signings and apart from Smallwood and perhaps Samuel (though he has faded) they have not been good enough.

The question for the board(oh sorry...) is or..should be.

Do we believe Mowbray can change this?

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

The question for the board(oh sorry...) is or..should be.

Do we believe Mowbray can change this?

Nope

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

The last 10 games he never hit the points target and its looking like this next 10 he wont either.

How important is that game in hand now....

We should not have to be relying on games in hand. If we cannot perform against one of the poorer sides in the division - much like we didnt perform against some of the others - we have no chance.

Groundhog Tony !

We've been here many times before, over cautious, setting out to contain and be happy with a draw, changes too late, only time any spark is after conceding, setting off most games on back foot, one or two good performance's every 5 or 6, talking up very modest opposition before games putting jitters in his own players, nice guy but dour man dour team style.

No easy games but when you approach them like he does too often is no wonder we never grab games by the scruff, all so predictable and why do Rovers whoever is manager always turn in an absolute stinker after every international break ? Holiday camp mode ?

When you look at the talent we had up front in that second half its way above anything in this league yet they do nothing because they are so disjointed yet again and we create zero again.

Not good enough not @#/? good enough by half its becoming all too clear we are going nowhere this season and cancelling games is just another cop out for a ready made excuse.

Very angry today.

• Backroom

I'm not calling for his head yet - but I wouldn't think it was unwarranted if he got his marching orders.

11 games, 4 losses, 12 points from where we need to be is just not good enough for any team with serious promotion ambitions.

Just now, Tom said:

I'm not calling for his head yet - but I wouldn't think it was unwarranted if he got his marching orders.

11 games, 4 losses, 12 points from where we need to be is just not good enough for any team with serious promotion ambitions.

Has to go now if we have aspirations to go up automatically. Under him we MIGHT make the playoffs but even that is no guarantee. 

He's just another average joe manager capable of going in somewhere and stopping the rot but no idea or real nous how to drive it forwards. Far from the worst but a long way from what we need to get where we need to be.

Sadly under this lot its often a case of better the devil you know if they got rid and brought in someone seemingly more capable they'd probably follow that by flogging a load in Jan to pay for it yet expect him to get promotion on the back of a few loans ala Lambert.

Buck stops with them they followed up a horrendous guy with a steady Eddie so it's no surprise really what we are seeing now.

Venkys out NOW !

4 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Apart from the first 45 mins against Rortherham Mowbray has shown that he is not the man to take us up out of this league. His inability to change a game is diabolical.

Mowbray must be sacked before Tuesday.

Has to go.

We will win the next game and Meadows will say that I am a knuckle dragging brain dead knee jerking supporter. If he is happy with midtable league one - thats up to him.

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m just waiting for those who believe we have unrealistic ambitions of promotion out of this league. Bolton did it (when they were on their arses) with Gary Caldwell. Wigan did it - and are looking like doing it again, with Phil Parkinson.

Mowbray’s track record is the lower divisions is abysmal.

26 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Nope

We should not have to be relying on games in hand. If we cannot perform against one of the poorer sides in the division - much like we didnt perform against some of the others - we have no chance.

Totally agree mate, just saying how much of a potential lifesaver that game in hand will/could be.

For me TM results are the writing on the wall we can see whats coming a mile off. He needs 7 wins from the next 9 games,me personally if that doesn't happen then I'd sack him, sticking with him will see us end up in  more or less the same pos we are in now.

Totally agree mate, just saying how much of a potential lifesaver that game in hand will/could be.

For me TM results are the writing on the wall we can see whats coming a mile off. He needs 7 wins from the next 9 games,me personally if that doesn't happen then I'd sack him, sticking with him will see us end up in  more or less the same pos we are in now.

it wont happen though mate - do you think it will under him? Why waste those 9 games? If we want to go up automatically, a change has to be made now.

Id sack him now as we are falling short of targets set by himself. 

But If i was in charge Id have TM on a 10 game rolling appraisal. 

As i mentioned before fall short in those 10 games and you've 10 games to rectify it if that doesn't happen then your out but as you believe we may be cut adrift by then. 

Id not press the button just yet but id be sending out he application forms . Trouble is who would apply..

Id sack him now as we are falling short of targets set by himself. 

But If i was in charge Id have TM on a 10 game rolling appraisal. 

As i mentioned before fall short in those 10 games and you've 10 games to rectify it if that doesn't happen then your out but as you believe we may be cut adrift by then. 

Id not press the button just yet but id be sending out he application forms . Trouble is who would apply..

after 10 games it will be too late to do anything other than attain a playoff position in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m just waiting for those who believe we have unrealistic ambitions of promotion out of this league. Bolton did it (when they were on their arses) with Gary Caldwell. Wigan did it - and are looking like doing it again, with Phil Parkinson.

Mowbray’s track record is the lower divisions is abysmal.

Bolton did it with Phil Parkinson. Wigan are doing it with Paul Cook.

There must be serious doubts about TM now. The side are'n't showing the required levels of motivation or consistency. Two of our poorest performers Conway and Bennett are apparently TM's lieutenants in the dressing room. Those two Ward, Williams and Graham should be nowhere near the starting eleven on merit as opposed to being one of the manager's favourites, Dack and Chapman should be starting  or at least given a proper  chance and it appears if you're a younger player you won't even be considered purely on account of your age.

Archived