BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Although TM did relatively well in his 15 games, we SHOULD have stayed up - we can all recall the matches where we squandered points in the dying moments.  I was confident right up to the last match that we would pull it off.  Okay, I was wrong but don't see how learning a lesson comes into it. 

Simple, on the basis of that experience you don't get confident anymore!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think you'd have a lot of company on that journey. Maybe we can go in a convoy. Ironic the material that gave us so many happy memories has come back to give us our worst goalkeeper in living memory.

depends how old you are.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

So you are assuming that further sales will lead to further transfers in? There is the alternative possibility that transfer sales will pay for players already signed with any surplus to Balaji's back pocket? 

Yes, obviously.

3 hours ago, renrag said:

Since I have been supporting Rovers I have seen dozens of players who have asked to move and then gone on to give sterling service to the club. Among these have been Eckersley, Clayton and Douglas. In many cases these requests were probably made at temporary moments of discontent which I expect many of us have experienced in our working lives.

In those days there was a maximum wage, no transfer windows and no bloody agents.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

A friend of mine who's a keen Gunner reckons Arsenal's young winger Reiss Nelson would be an excellent loan signing for Rovers.  Only 17 but already figured in some of Arsenal's pre season games.  Feeling around Arsenal is that the lad needs regular first team football now and half a season or a season out on loan with a manager and club with the right football philosophy would do wonders for his development. 

That would be fun for him and Rankin-Costello if it happens as they both had a set to in the FAYC this season which resulted in a brawl involving the majority of both teams and Nelson being red carded for his part in it all....With Rankin Costello lucky to stay on with just a yellow

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sunderland-edging-closer-to-deal-for-impressive-26-year-old-goalkeeper/

Article on Nixon article on Steele to Sunderland. I'm looking for a follow-up article on the above article about Nixon's article before I can decide if it has merit.

Steele shouldn't be anywhere near the the top two English divisions as he's a bad one between the sticks.

£500k seems a bit cheap for a lad not yet in his prime, especially given the ludicrous fees being paid at the moment. S'land will be flush with parachute money.

Steele's not as bad as he's made out and still has the potential to get better and cut out the mistakes that let him down. 

Prime you having a laugh ? the lads utter garbage nobody should have to pay to watch Steele play, fumble or whatever he attempts to do on a football field.

4 hours ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Blueboy, I'm sorry if my post failed to entertain you, but I too can't wait for the season to start and I'm hopeful about every game, I'm just being realistic.

I hope Mulgrew, Lenihan and Evans all stay, I'll just be pleasantly surprised.

Not everything has to be black and white, misery or fantasy.

I'm not at all bothered whether Evans stays or not personally, I think he's been one of those players who has been extremely poor over the last few seasons.

I'd obviously like Mulgrew to stay but realistically I can't see him wanting to play in League one at his age. Lenihan and Raya are a somewhat different proposition. They may turn out to be stars of the future but neither are anywhere near the finished article yet and you'd hope they could be persuaded to give it one more season at least.

Graham, if fit, could be useful at this level. But like Mulgrew we can I'll afford to Have either of them in the treatment room for most of the season. 

Just now, JAL said:

Prime you having a laugh ? the lads utter garbage nobody should have to pay to watch Steele play, fumble or whatever he attempts to do on a football field.

I think 500k is about right for Steele, he's not great but he's by no means John Butcher or Alan Ferris either.

Pity for these purposes Lambert got the the boot from Wolves. Wasnt he previously rumoured to be lining up an insanely high bid for Steele? Cant remember how much it was now. Was it1m or 2m?

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think 500k is about right for Steele, he's not great but he's by no means John Butcher or Alan Ferris either.

Pity for these purposes Lambert got the the boot from Wolves. Wasnt he previously rumoured to be lining up an insanely high bid for Steele? Cant remember how much it was now. Was it1m or 2m?

500k another Bowyer signing producing a profit.

6 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Actually he edited that. The last two sentences were originally not there. Not sure why he would do that - unless he didn't want others to get at him in response like I did and make it look like a response to you only.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

A friend of mine who's a keen Gunner reckons Arsenal's young winger Reiss Nelson would be an excellent loan signing for Rovers.  Only 17 but already figured in some of Arsenal's pre season games.  Feeling around Arsenal is that the lad needs regular first team football now and half a season or a season out on loan with a manager and club with the right football philosophy would do wonders for his development. 

if we are looking at going down the young keeper as a back up route we have a good young keeper here already

19 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

100k it was down as I believe?

Poor signing by Bowyer and co to be honest and I wish it was a bit more about points and less about profit from his tenure.

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

For the sake of conversation and debate...

To add to the debate, sales of our best players at the last moment, when replacements cannot be signed, a sales surplus way bigger than the outlay on purchases, money gained from sales simply disappearing to wherever Venkys  choose to put it but not one players----these outcomes are the ones to be expected, based on past experience.

To continue the debate and the conversation, why do you believe it will be different this time?

Archived