BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Think Bennett's abilities and contributions are being vastly overstated on here. Not bothered if he goes or not tbh. For me he's  another who should theoretically be a force at this level but who has been pretty poor during his time here. Even on the odd occasion he scores a worldie he is usually completely anonymous for the rest of the 90 mins and doesnt find the net often enough to be worth gis pace in the side.

I'm sorry, are you watching the same player as me?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Think Bennett's abilities and contributions are being vastly overstated on here. Not bothered if he goes or not tbh. For me he's  another who should theoretically be a force at this level but who has been pretty poor during his time here. Even on the odd occasion he scores a worldie he is usually completely anonymous for the rest of the 90 mins and doesnt find the net often enough to be worth gis pace in the side.

I don't think I've ever seen a game where he's been anonymous, that's why I rate him so much.

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Five goals in forty odd appearances over two seasons? You must be easily pleased.

SO\orry, but the guy has been played all over the place and gives 200% every time. If there was any player in the squad that I would label as a true professional that plays with passion and love for the game, its him. The fact teams in the Championship are chasing him demonstrates that he aint how you describe. He might have his limitations but id rather 10 of him in the side than 10 of anyone else.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have you been On the Special Brew? The lad gives everything every time he puts on the Rovers shirt. He is constantly talking, encouraging the youngsters and I would bet my House on him reaching double figures in goals if he plays in a settled position all season. Would be my vice captain this season. 

53 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Have you been On the Special Brew? The lad gives everything every time he puts on the Rovers shirt. He is constantly talking, encouraging the youngsters and I would bet my House on him reaching double figures in goals if he plays in a settled position all season. Would be my vice captain this season. 

Even in the friendly games I have seen (online) he is the one guy with bite, like he wants to win, and putting feisty tackles in everywhere. Yeah, he aint gonna be able to take too many players on but just his presence and effort on the pitch should lead by example.

1 hour ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I said the exact same earlier on this thread today, except for me I wouldn't even complain if Bennett was captain never mind vice captain! The guy is a credit to himself and the club. Class act. 

55 minutes ago, Husky said:

"Undisclosed fee" - Isn't that just code for 'dodgy agents involved?

Probably 50% of today's transfer fee's are undisclosed, maybe even more than that. Seems to be common practice these days, although that doesn't mean there aren't dodgy agents about, the game is riddled with them as we know too well here at Rovers. 

11 hours ago, J*B said:

Conor Ripley on loan from Boro. Should be all over that. 

5 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Highly rated at Oldham and was on the whole decent for Motherwell. Great shout.

I know he wants to stay and fight for his place in the championship, however if 'Boro make him available its a great shout. Pretty sure he was in L1 team of the year last season.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Wasn't Cavare the RB Coyle wanted and Senior blocked as he didn't provide "value"?

image.png

Yes it was. 

Wasnt the reason he didnt sign cos Venkys wouldnt authorise the deal cos Marshall hadnt be sold?

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yeah expect it done in 48 hours. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it was. 

Wasnt the reason he didnt sign cos Venkys wouldnt authorise the deal cos Marshall hadnt be sold?

Yeah expect it done in 48 hours. 

Er no I think even at the time you justified Seniors stance on this, not quite sure why your now suggesting it's Venkys?

Nothing to do with Venkys, Senior clambered the tone with the they didn't add value quip and the other classic hit that the was money available but choose not to spend.

Archived