BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southend v Rovers

26 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No it isn't Chaddy. You just take it that way.

I gave him some perfectly valid questions - yet he run away. Lets hope he affors the same once we win a game. Again Chaddy, I ask you, why do you only attribute this loss to the players?

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Neal said:

Don't post here often anymore but been keeping an eye on what people of been saying over the summer... "feel good factor" "champions" some even writing off the past 7 years and giving Venkys a clean slate... I would say that i'm suprised but i'm not because many Rovers fans have learned the sum total of jack @#/? under Venkys. Mind bogles.

It's going on for a decade under Venky rule, some fans need to take their head out of their arse and realise that whilst these people own the club you should only expect failure. Perhaps when they've realised that many supporters might find the bottle to fight against these pigs. 

I heard certain well respected people wouldn't support a protest due to the "feel good factor"... @#/? feel good factor! Feels great losing to Southend in league one doesn't it? Just like last seasons past the same folk will say "protests will effect the promotion push" or "protests will effect the relegation battle" the difference being we're now in league 1 and could potentially be in a league lower than Stanley next season. Give that some thought.

Many fans like myself have walked away from this site and distanced themselves from Rovers and it's noticable that we're left with many fans who are comfortable to accept that these feckers have taken us down from 8th in the prem and normalise the fact that we're now a league 1 club. Same old boring tales of how we were @#/? in the 70's so it makes it all alright.

Promotion or relegation, it doesn't make a jot of difference. The problem is Venkys... Results, managers, transfers... All a mere distraction.

Wake up. Join a protest, go to a meeting, chant against them, anything FFS, the club is dissapearing.

Venkys Out.

Agree with the sentiment, Neal

The problem is only a few will ever take any action, so the few will always need to manage their protest activities-somehow-in a way to try and get more people on side.

However, after 7 years of misery, two relegations and a never ending diet of dumbing down, I can't understand why there are not more protesters/boycotters..

Nevertheless, that is our reality...

Just now, JacknOry said:

Not only that - but we're rounded on for feeling how you do - and these are fans of the same club?

To be fair the active protestors are at least as critical of the grumbling silent minority who still drag themselves to games if not more so.

Everyone could theoretically protest but a sense of perspective is needed. Everyone could theoretically protest but Venky's are under no obligation to walk out which would involve writing off 110m if they did and the reality is no-one else wants to take us over in our current financial state.

In the meantime you can whinge about it or try and get on with things as best as possible in the real world, as unpalatable as it might be at times.

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can let the skill players play football when the battlers in your team have got you on top. Can anyone spot the flaw in that theory ?

what no skilled players lol

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Plus - it hurts when you have never heard of thge guys that scored against you. This is where we're at now.

If you haven't heard of Michael Kightly, I don't think that's because he's now in league one!

Just now, MGPensioner said:

can someone just start the Doncaster thread

can we fast forward to 10 games and avoid the pain?

You're right, im so tired of this chit - think im just gonna watch something else instead. We good at anything else in Blackburn? if not, F1, fake mma with mcccgregor, and some rugger will have to do.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair the active protestors are at least as critical of the grumbling silent minority who still drag themselves to games if not more so.

Everyone could theoretically protest but a sense of perspective is needed. Everyone could theoretically protest but Venky's are under no obligation to walk out which would involve writing off 110m if they did and the reality is no-one else wants to take us over in our current financial state.

In the meantime you can whinge about it or try and get on with things as best as possible in the real world, as unpalatable as it might be at times.

I guess that is the question. What does "try to get on with things...in the real world  etc" actually mean? Denial? Acceptance? Stockholm syndrome?

Just now, Hasta said:

If you haven't heard of Michael Kightly, I don't think that's because he's now in league one!

touche - admittedly i know him...lets see if the same can be said for the majority this season.

4 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I guess that is the question. What does "try to get on with things...in the real world  etc" actually mean? Denial? Acceptance? Stockholm syndrome?

No, it's just stoic. A very British tradition. 

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Yikes, that was dreadful.

Southend looked like they had an extra couple of players on the pitch, all up in our face the whole game. No time for any of our players. Will be interesting to see what will happen when we play at Ewood on a proper pitch.

Raya, must have been learning from Steele on how to lamp it into the stands at every opportunity.

Nyambe, I have got him wrong, not a footballer at all and stuck out like a sore thumb today. Get Caddis in asap. 

Lenihan was also shocking and no where near his man all game. Take the money.

Mulgrew looks knackered already, 1st game of the season. Showed no emotion and encouragement at all. Good goal.

Williams, poor.

Whittingham was okay, lack of pace very evident, not sure if he is up for a fight.

Smallwood, shocking, is up for a fight but little footballing skills. Poor signing on first showing.

Dack, could have got yanked at half time. In effective, and everything he tried didn't come off. Bullied.

Bennett, did okay I guess. Should have scored with a half volley in the first half.

Samuel, wow. Beating to the ball time and time again. Poor decision making. Looks like a born loser I'm afraid, no tracking back and very little effort on show.

Graham, maybe the worst of the lot. Looks like he has completely lost it. He lost every single header today, every one of them. Did nothing positive all game. If he is our main striker we have big problems.

Subs:

Evans, has to start over Smallwood. Did okay.

Chapman, looked lively. Get him on the left and Bennett on the right next week.

We missed Gladwin which is strange to say, but he showed some decent hold play in preseason.

Tony, you need to go out this week and get a striker and a Centre half. If you don't we will be nowhere near the playoffs this year.

If this is accurate ( and I have no basis for saying it isn't) then looks like we have made a balls of the Summer window. All the talk was of signing league one experienced players who knew the league and would get us up towards the top .Early days of course but to now hear that we have been knocked out of our stride and outplayed so easily is a serious knock back more so than the actual result. The performance of the star £750k man plus the other new recruits is not how it was supposed to be. Probably also pushed Lenihan & Mulgrew towards jumping ship too. I still think that the remainder of the window is a huge risk to us. If that happens the wheels will be well and truly off.  

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

For those that watched today, were Williams and Nyambe left exposed on the flanks againsr good wingers, and who was tracking back to help them, if anybody?

Nyambe was exposed quite a bit in the first half. Kightly was a handful to be fair but considering that Nyambe was up against Championship wingers last a season, I don't think it's too much to ask to keep Kightly in check.

Thought Williams did ok going forwards but the whole back line seemed ponderous with the ball.

Smallwood was dire. He has a last ditch reducer in his locker but that's about it.

15 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Nyambe was exposed quite a bit in the first half. Kightly was a handful to be fair but considering that Nyambe was up against Championship wingers last a season, I don't think it's too much to ask to keep Kightly in check.

Kightly was at Burton last season.  He was kept quiet then.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Such a horrifically disappointing result, we should be under no illusions now this season is going to be a slog.

I guess when we got beat at home by Norwich 1-4 in the first game of last season, that was a good yardstick for how things panned out. I hope this match isn't. We will see.

Being favourites for champions is a terrible thing for Rovers to have on their backs. Southend were at us all game long and didn't stop - they fully deserved their win. Particularly towards the end, their number 9 was untouchable, and killed the game off for us. Credit where it's due.

For us, the most overriding issue is the players' confidence. It's totally shot, and that hasn't changed under Mowbray, I'm afraid to say. We have a team of good players on paper, but their heads are as down as I've ever seen them. We pussied out of tackles, didn't chase the ball enough, didn't press, didn't counter with belief or pace... It was painful to watch, and it hurts to see us like this.

Our only hope is that the transfer window gives us a gee up. I think we'll lose Lenihan, although based on today's performance, we won't be missing much. The question is who we'll bring in, and how quickly the players can gel and build up confidence.

Back over to you, Tony...

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Haha.... An Oxbridge paper perhaps?

"Stoicism is taking it up the a***."

Discuss in the context of the writings of Zeno of Citium...

It would be stoicism( or "Stockholm syndrome" if you want to get all pretentious about it) if you were happy to plod on and fail under Venky's with a queue of suitable and suitably affluent buyers waiting to take us over.

There is in my view a massive difference between that and knowing that there isn't anyone out there ready to take us over therefore provoking Venky's into walking out tomorrow could easily result in us going bust.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It would be stoicism( or "Stockholm syndrome" if you want to get all pretentious about it) if you were happy to plod on and fail under Venky's with a queue of suitable and suitably affluent buyers waiting to take us over.

There is in my view a massive difference between that and knowing that there isn't anyone out there ready to take us over therefore provoking Venky's into walking out tomorrow could easily result in us going bust.

Archived