BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southend v Rovers

Not sure why people are rounding on blue bruce, it won't help anyone for posters to turn on each other if we have a bad result. Clearly no - one has heeded Mowbray's appeal from this morning.

Nevertheless a sobering wake up call to temper the bookies optimism if not our own.

Must improve fast but as blue Bruce rightly says still 45 games to go.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to intrude, but...

That was terrible. There's no belief in those players. Are they still in a financial comfort zone without having to be arsed about the football?

Just now, peteV75 said:

True. Seems like the reason is lack of movement. Almost every time there is only two options to pass; directly to forwards or backwards. That means it is really easy to defend and intercept the passes. 

THhs is why i have not really been a fan of the lack of width formations we use. One up top, no width, Dack seems to be pushed off the ball easily...we dont have modric and hazard behind the top man. Id much rather play with wingers.

Second half was better, but still not good enough. 

When we played with pace and purpose we looked threatening, but all too often we slowed down and lumped it forward. That genuinely surprises me from a Mowbray team and based on what he managed to do last season. 

It's a long old season and plenty of teams start with defeats and end up winning the league. 

There's no need for overreaction, but there is a massive need for significant improvement. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

THhs is why i have not really been a fan of the lack of width formations we use. One up top, no width, Dack seems to be pushed off the ball easily...we dont have modric and hazard behind the top man. Id much rather play with wingers.

Yeah. Dack would want to give his head a wobble (not *that* one) if he's to be anywhere near as effective as hoped.

I like Danny Graham a lot, but he often seems quite sluggish. Not much movement from his at all, which hardly helps matters.

Worst thing about this, we pull a goal back on 53 minutes and have no attempts on goal after that. That's 40 minutes of chasing a game without getting a single effort on goal in. Just like last season then really. Pathetic.

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Venkys and success do not mix

That's the thing. After the last almost 7 years now, where we've just got worse and worse and been relegated twice, I just can't imagine us having any sort of success with that lot here.

Full time. Sobering result, we were well and truly second best today. Credit to Southend, they look like a team that will do well this season, and looking at their team sheet, they look to be one of the better teams in this division.

Raya did well and wasn't to blame for the 2 goals, and Mulgrew's goal was class, other than that it was a shambolic team performance.

Much improvement is needed next week, I am hoping the loss was down to early season jitters.

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Yeah. Dack would want to give his head a wobble (not *that* one) if he's to be anywhere near as effective as hoped.

I like Danny Graham a lot, but he often seems quite sluggish. Not much movement from his at all, which hardly helps matters.

Problem is, we have no forwards lol. Graham does not seem to be the type of forward that would work effectively up top on his own. I would not class him as a target man as such and i put him down as more of a poacher. Usually, yes, given a couple of chances a game, he will net one but up there on his own - how will he get those chances? Whole formation and system needs work in my opinion.

Archived