BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southend v Rovers

Too easy bullied and shoved aside all over the park by the sounds of it and just when are we going to see a united Blackburn Rovers side up for a fight week in week out ?

That Samuel has looked like he was forced to come here from the pics and performances of him so far, why the hell keep signing such lightweights then wonder why we get trodden all over time and again ?

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Tom said:

I actually think one or two would love to be able to say I told you so, a very very small minority though 

Nobody wants to say I told you so.

But when they are belittled, talked down to, and made out to be part of the problem, I would not begrudge them having a pop back when they are proven correct. If you keep pointing out what is necessary and then get told you are wrong - or even the dreaded "being negative" then you shouldn't be seen as wanting us to fail. There's too much of that on here. As for a certain poster who liked and added to your post. He absolutely relishes having a dig at the naysayers when we win (despite his fickle nature) so I don't see what the difference is.

Is it any better to be wrong when we lose target than wrong when we win?

Don't forget too that when the establishment talk down expectations and tell us to 'get real' then these same people also back that position too.

Question: should our expectations this season be high or low?

If we have high expectations then 'certain folk' say that we are lining up for a fail (and setting up an "I told you so"). If we have low expectations then those same 'certain folk' call them negative. That spacing in between is where 'certain folk' lurk so that can flit between opinions and form and always come out as "being positive".

14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I like Mowbray but is he a good manager who can get us out of this league? What's your opinion?

Unfortunately Mowbray is the sort of manager our  league /owner position is what  can attract. A League one manager.

Forget the blue eyes but we re Blackburn Rovers ..not only have we witnessed the demise of Blackburn Rovers over the last seven years but so have those in the game and in  the know.We aint the draw we were. Horses for courses im afraid.

He ll get us into the playoffs at the very least.IMO

We know Graham can't play up on his own.  Mowbray said as much last year when he preferred Gallagher.

Creativity in our team is a problem. Always believed width is the key.  Would like to see us start with two wingers next week.  Try Samuel up top on his own, Dack behind and the new kid and Bennet out wide.  Also provides cover for the full backs. Doesn't work then you can bring Graham off the bench.

....and don't tell me that there isn't a place in our squad for a big, experienced physical lump like Lambert!  You need one in this league.

A striker would be my priority is well. On the evidence of much of last season Graham is completely finished. Unless he's allowed to use a mobility scooter in League one.

Also trying to work out how we managed to lose this game with Bennett in the line up who is the greatest player in the history of the world according to most on here despite the fact he has done the square root of naff àll in his two seasons at Ewood.

7 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Southend looked like they had an extra couple of players on the pitch, all up in our face the whole game. No time for any of our players. Will be interesting to see what will happen when we play at Ewood on a proper pitch.

Welcome to League 1. Let's hope Mowbray instils some fight in the poor lambs for next time we go away.

From the LT report:-

"Utilising the strength of Marc Antoine-Fortune, Southend were winning individual battles all over the pitch"

I think you're right that it might be a lot different on a better and bigger Ewood pitch. Hopefully for the better!!

9 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Unfortunately Mowbray is the sort of manager our  league /owner position is what  can attract. A League one manager.

Forget the blue eyes but we re Blackburn Rovers ..not only have we witnessed the demise of Blackburn Rovers over the last seven years but so have those in the game and in  the know.We aint the draw we were. Horses for courses im afraid.

He ll get us into the playoffs at the very least.IMO

What's a League 1 manager? Someone who can't get a team out of League 1? If so we'll struggle to make the play offs 'at the very least'.

Not being facetious, I just don't get your point. Chris Wilder was a League 2 manager a few years ago. Now he's a Championship manager. Same principle for Eddie Howe. Mowbray's either good enough or he's not.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15456202._We_didn_t_get_our_fluency_going____Tony_Mowbray_frustrated_and_disappointed_as_Rovers_beaten_by_Southend_United/?ref=mac

“We had been trying to impress on them all week that it would be about second balls, a lot of balls in to your corner flag and you have to chase back and deal with them, you have to deal with crosses in to your box, set plays, and we didn’t do any of them well enough. We didn’t get our fluency going, credit to Southend they put the ball in behind, sat in, and didn’t allow us to get any fluency our game"

Not my fault guv:wacko:

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Welcome to League 1. Let's hope Mowbray instils some fight in the poor lambs for next time we go away.

From the LT report:-

"Utilising the strength of Marc Antoine-Fortune, Southend were winning individual battles all over the pitch"

I think you're right that it might be a lot different on a better and bigger Ewood pitch. Hopefully for the better!!

If there's nothing beating under the badge on the front of the shirt the size and condition of the pitch is irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

What's a League 1 manager? Someone who can't get a team out of League 1? If so we'll struggle to make the play offs 'at the very least'.

Not being facetious, I just don't get your point. Chris Wilder was a League 2 manager a few years ago. Now he's a Championship manager. Same principle for Eddie Howe. Mowbray's either good enough or he's not.

i think i said  for the play offs at the very least ..?

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

A striker would be my priority is well. On the evidence of much of last season Graham is completely finished. Unless he's allowed to use a mobility scooter in League one.

Also trying to work out how we managed to lose this game with Bennett in the line up who is the greatest player in the history of the world according to most on here despite the fact he has done the square root of naff àll in his two seasons at Ewood.

Thank God you're here to remind us how rubbish Bennett is then. How dare we praise one of our own players for grafting for the cause? 

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody like to tell me the last time real " blood and snot " was involved in a Rovers performance ?

It would probably have involved Christopher Samba, Ryan Nelsen & Nzonzi, Givet etc I can't remember one since those days in a league game really.  A few involving Hanley maybe but that was usually for the wrong reasons after he'd nailed someone an got sent off .

Powder puff Rovers.

1 hour ago, Batman. said:

:lol::lol::lol:

In Chaddy we Trust.

"Four more years, four more years...."

"certain posters want us to fail". Bloody pathetic comment Chaddy. Certain people don't share your optimism ( or shouldI say naivety) so they get labelled by you as wanting us to fail.

But then, you are only interested in discussing football aren't you?

Just now, alcd said:

Injury to Lenihan could well be a broken foot but should be fit by the time of the January window...

That should press them into brining in a real centre defender hopefully.

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

"certain posters want us to fail". Bloody pathetic comment Chaddy. Certain people don't share your optimism ( or shouldI say naivety) so they get labelled by you as wanting us to fail.

But then, you are only interested in discussing football aren't you?

You should try it sometime.

The center midfield was so poor and lacking in presence it compared very unfavourably to Lowe and Akpan. Whittingham is lightweight and loses all the battles. Smallwood hides and Dack looks a pretty-boy player. There was no width as neither fullback has enough ability on the ball going forward. Raya twice kicked into touch in the latter stages - shocking for a so-called professional. There is absolutely no pace anywhere in the team and balls just lumped aimlessly towards the lumpen Graham. I did not see Samual do anything at all as he failed to dovetail at all with Graham. Feeney added nothing and Chapman looks a bit of a boy for this league. Mulgrew likes to play his football at walking pace and that won't cut at this helter-skelter level although he is one of the only players in this team that anticipate and read the game. Although Southend are undoubtedly one of the best teams in L1, on this showing a complete change of approach and attitude will be required to take many points even from lesser opposition. I also thought Mowbray used all his subs far too early (about 20 mins to go ) so the Lenihan injury shortly afterwards effectively reduced the team to 10 men.  

Archived