BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Doncaster Rovers

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

My first post on this as was my birthday yesterday - what a fantastic present they gave me.So here goes:

*%$& #@&$%

$&&#^$

$*%&%^(*

#&$&%^

#$&%&%&$

@)(@)#)$

#&$%^%

$&%&^*

$*&%&^

Funnily enough it was my bday as well yesterday & first time going back on in awhile. I won't be deterred you win some you lose some, think it was the performance yesterday that rattled people, with a good turnout people deserved better.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously - as nice a guy TM is, WTF is he doing? just look at his last stint in this division to see how it all ended. He walked out on Coventry after putting them at the bottom of the league after 10 games. He has a better squad of his OWN players this time around and he is still on course to do exactly the same again.

At home and it looked like we had 5 at the back and then 2 defensive midfielders - very fckin odd to play so negatively at home. Despite so many in defense we still managed to fckin concede, not once, not twice but three fckin times. graham cannot play up top on his own, he aint a target man and never will be.

I have a feeling he has lost the dressing room already with all his fancy dan formations. Play some wingers, 2 strikers and get the fckin ball into the box - it aint rocket science. Why over complicate things? The guy thinks he pep guardiola or something. Seriously fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Fans got behind the lads yesterday and they were still shrinking violets who looked confused by what they were supposed to be doing...

C'mon K-Hod. That's not the spirit.

It's not Venkys or Mowbray or the players, it's that the fans aren't getting behind the lads. At 3-0 down in humiliating fashion we should all be proudly singing Rovers Til I Die. Nothing needs to change apart from the attitude of some fans.

Back to reality...

Yesterday, the atmosphere st the start of the game was fantastic, the BBE were in good voice (the DE may well have been too but I sit closer to the BBE). A great start to the season, glorious sunshine and a decent atmosphere.

Things quietened down as we didn't get any kind of momentum and Doncaster dictated play. Even at one down it was just a few groans. The penalty most in the ground felt was a good tackle (their striker didn't claim a foul and simply scrambled for the second ball). Only when the third went in did the tide turn. A lot of frustration was let out and even the players looked shocked.

Anyone who thinks this is simply down to fans not getting behind the lads is a fool.

Amazing though how passionately they believe this and will challenge fellow fans yet it never occurred to them to use some of that passion and aimed it and the real problem. Even Kean had excuses made for him by some quarters.

Well, it's too late now.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Fans got behind the lads yesterday and they were still shrinking violets who looked confused by what they were supposed to be doing...

True I did hear some good vocal supoort trying to enciurage the lads, was wasted on that lot.

57 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Every team in this league will be raising their game and looking to take our scalp.

If we can't match their effort then we are in massive trouble..so far our worst fears are coming to fruition.

Right now they don't even need to raise their game to beat us.

4 hours ago, Shrimper said:

If I've overstayed my welcome, I'll toodle-pip & bid you all good luck for the rest of the season.

You picked a bad time to come on giving the sort of advice most of us are already aware of. We know that playing one up front at home tends not to end well but we don't pick the team. 

People on here have had to take 7 years of this stupidity. It gets the best of us down at times. I was awake at 4-30 this morning thinking about the game !

3 hours ago, Biz said:

This is indicative of many fans. Let me refresh your memory;

Steve Kean

Owen Coyle.

If you need any more memory support, or examples of how them two particularly, and the directors, advisors and morons who've created this mess, who've dug this hole for us- don't hesitate to ask.

Joking aside, I think Mowbray has made a royal pigs ear of the start of the season but sleeping on yesterday, we've got to give him some more time.

One thing we can be certain of - if he can't fix it, he won't cling on like the two snake oil salesmen ex managers I mentioned previously.

Perhaps now is the time to start hoping David Lowe is a "poor mans Gary Bowyer"...!!

More time, more time. Thats all we ever hear on here

Just watched the.goals again.  Ward should never.wear.the shirt again, surely anyone of our youngsters.can do better.  At least they might make a serious attempt at recovery.

Where is the motivation for our kids if they watch this idiot week in and week out yet csn't.get near the 1st team. Ugh.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

what proof? I have shown that 3 at the back can work in this league and the last 3 champions of this league all played 3 at the back. Sheff Utd only had 1 point after 4 games last season and won the league in the end

"what proof?"

And there you go Chaddy, you're like a dog with a bone. What proof? What proof it clearly isn't working? Look at the table, look at the way we are playing. The Southend result looks even more depressing considering their 5-0 drubbing yesterday.

Your argument amounts to... Three other teams have done well with it so we could win the league. How many teams didn't do well with it? How many teams playing 4-4-2 and won the league? How many teams with a poor manager have won the league? Have you learned nothing over the past 7 years? Forgive me for being pessimistic when previous optimism has been punished time after time.

If we were playing well and unlucky not to get the points I'd be inclined to agree that this approach needs to be given time but Mowbray has clearly got it very wrong and needs to sort it out quickly. We're in League 1 and need to be going for teams and letting the opposition try and deal with us, it appears Mowbray is setting us up to try and nullify the opposition rather than playing as the league favourites and exerting our supposed superiority. Oppo teams now know we have a brittle defence and very little attacking threat with a manager who invites pressure. It is not working.

2 hours ago, Biz said:

That's just it Neil, I've been to some of the organised protests, I've donated twice - which was nothing by the way - I, and many more could do much more.

The issue is, what difference will it make? I know that's the main argument most protest movements have to overcome but there is a reason. Perhaps a drive to "advertise the club to new owners" without actually owning the club is a better target for getting more fan support on board?

This season - if you asked other fans from other clubs what they thought of our chances and "backing", what do you think they'd say (cue Shrimper! :) ) ? I know they won't know the whole "shebang" :- best run town club in the land to financial black hole, but for this league, we have the necessary players to go up.

So whilst venkys are still a catastrophe, the team in isolation should be equipped to perform in this league despite the owners. 

I'm a big Sam fan, you don't need to know how I feel about tippy tappy bs...!!

I thought we got Whittingham for set pieces? We played everyone 30+ yards out short yesterday. Put it in the mixer and pack the box for crying out loud.

Drove me nuts.  1st half we got a free kick inside their half, a few yards in from touch, did we go toward goal? launch a precuse ball into the box? Nope, we went back about 10 yards three passes later Raya has it.  Diafrigginbolical.

Playing 1 up to and wing backs can work providing your wing backs are attackers a la Victor Moses or Oxlade Chamberlain. When you deploy full backs there you end up with 5 at the back and midfielders coming deep to receive the ball, not once did one of the attacking midfielders get beyond graham. If he's going to play wing backs then he'd be better playing Conway and Bennett as at least they can beat a man higher up the pitch. Williams attacked well from deep last year at times but he hasn't got the technical ability or pace to beat a man from a standing start.

the only positives yesterday were Smallwoods grit, Samuels willingness to run, Dacks and Gladwins directness when they came on. 

Just now, Boaty said:

I'd give him 3 more games. Although if we lose to Bradford he may well walk. A hammering off the dingles won't do him much good either

End of the month, if we have not turned it around by then get shut.  By turned ariund I don't even mean winning every game I just want to see some REAL effort, at least trt to look like you give a toss.

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Playing 1 up to and wing backs can work providing your wing backs are attackers a la Victor Moses or Oxlade Chamberlain. When you deploy full backs there you end up with 5 at the back and midfielders coming deep to receive the ball, not once did one of the attacking midfielders get beyond graham. If he's going to play wing backs then he'd be better playing Conway and Bennett as at least they can beat a man higher up the pitch. Williams attacked well from deep last year at times but he hasn't got the technical ability or pace to beat a man from a standing start.

the only positives yesterday were Smallwoods grit, Samuels willingness to run, Dacks and Gladwins directness when they came on. 

Gladwin did at least look like he cared, tried.

I thought all the subs were positive, looked to get at their man and run in behind. 

Yesterday just baffled me, the whole point of wing backs is tvstvyou flood midfield with runners allowing attacking midfielders to run in behind a lone forward. How he expected Caddis, Whittingham and Williams to run in behind anyone is beyond me

3 hours ago, Shrimper said:

If I've overstayed my welcome, I'll toodle-pip & bid you all good luck for the rest of the season.

You haven't, I think your choice of words was perhaps harsh as there are far less halfwits as there once was. The worst of the halfwits are on Facebook thankfully, and easily ignorable.

2 hours ago, Biz said:

So whilst venkys are still a catastrophe, the team in isolation should be equipped to perform in this league despite the owners.

Yes, this. We should at least be functioning as a team.

23 minutes ago, Boaty said:

Yeah good plan, you have come across as a bit of a smart arse recently IMO

That was never the intention. 

FWIW, I joined this forum, to talk football, with the fanbase of a club I had an affinity with, as a youngster. The majority of you's were welcoming, so I thought I'd hang around, and in doing so, made me remember why I cared about Rovers, all them years ago. 

I never joined here to gloat or be smart.

20 minutes ago, booth said:

You haven't, I think your choice of words was perhaps harsh as there are far less halfwits as there once was. The worst of the halfwits are on Facebook thankfully, and easily ignorable.

I apologised to Chaddyrovers for that. It wasn't meant in a venomous way, at all, and on reflection, it was clearly unnecessary. 

46 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Just watched the.goals again.  Ward should never.wear.the shirt again, surely anyone of our youngsters.can do better.  At least they might make a serious attempt at recovery.

Where is the motivation for our kids if they watch this idiot week in and week out yet csn't.get near the 1st team. Ugh.

Agree. Ward has been at fault on a number of occasions. He gave the ball away for the penalty as well didn't he ? 

Chaddy...

Why has Mowbray signed so many players, yet left our 2 problem positions, having only a left back available who isnt even League 1 standard, and also centre back, are still as bad as at the start of the summer?

Didn't you villify Coyle and rightly so for leaving our main striker looking unfit and de-motivated at the start of last season?

What sort of idiot would sign 3 attacking midfielders who like to run at players, added to Conway, Bennett and Feeney who we already had, then play a 32 year old central midfield practically as a winger and leave him out to dry?

What sort of idiot would sign half a squad of players and keep playing people out of position?

Doesn't it worry you that he keeps changing formation, and is now claiming that the formation has nothing to do with losing? Wouldn't you have called Coyle out for talking so much @#/??

Mowbray has no excuses, he got all his signings in early on, unlike Coyle, he keeps mouthing off about the brilliant team spirit, and how many points and goals we need, at the moment he looks all mouth. Lose at Bradford and he might already need to look over his shoulder.

Archived