BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Portsmouth

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Thought he caused Pompey a lot of problems getting forward in the first half. Didn't get beat, has the pace and strength to get back when needed. Yeah is final ball can be better and he isn't outstanding in the tackle or in the air, but thought he played very well today.

Don't think he caused one problem today v Portsmouth other than to just add a body to proceedings. 

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AAK said:

What did he do, Samuel? Just saw the player rolling about like a girl? Means he won't be playing next game so I am happy

Samuel and the Pompey defender were chasing a ball to the left of their area. The defender, as you’d expect, turned this way and that to block Samuel, possibly fouled him, I don’t know. 

Samuel deliberately kicked him on the shin. A 100% straight red and fully deserved. With that approach he shouldn’t be near the team. 

Just now, Paul said:

Samuel and the Pompey defender were chasing a ball to the left of their area. The defender, as you’d expect, turned this way and that to block Samuel, possibly fouled him, I don’t know. 

Samuel deliberately kicked him on the shin. A 100% straight red and fully deserved. With that approach he shouldn’t be near the team. 

Couldn't see it on the video which if so is very dodgy. With that approach though he should be moved on in January the big girl.

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Don't worry we had this with GB then he did a spectacular U turn after the highly commendable draw away at Liverpool in the cup when everyone else handed out some praise he tore Gaz a new one from then on :lol: 

Home game tomphil, home game....:tu:

13 hours ago, JAL said:

Don't think he caused one problem today v Portsmouth other than to just add a body to proceedings. 

I feel your pain with what has happened at Ewood Jal, but I do despair at some of your posts recently.

Nyambe, who has been below par in his Rovers career, was very good today. Better than Caddis.

Just now, Hasta said:

I feel your pain with what has happened at Ewood Jal, but I do despair at some of your posts recently.

Nyambe, whe has been below par in his Rovers career, was very good today. Better than Caddis.

Today he was up against no one so, yes, you can all say he has had a good game but he still didnt do anything of note. 

3 hours ago, Gav said:

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH

3-0? Do they not know we used to have a radio station? a celebrity chef cooking the pies and an upper tier family stand?

Portsmouth 0? With our budget? our Academy? and turnstiles that read bar codes? how did they manage 0? PATHETIC.

Mowbray out, the mans absolutely clueless...

Well done in the call of 3-1 made me look stupid ok stupider heh heh.  Only we did better than you suggested.  Have to disagree with Merc on Pompey being @#/?, I thiught they played some good stuff at times.  Ref let em get away with a bit too.  Enjoyable game bit nnervy at the end, not cos of Pompey but cos I thought he was gonna abandon it.

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Other than keep a clean sheet.

Pompey were poor they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag on today's showing. Enjoyed today thought the team looked balanced more four four two though you could say Dack played deeper now and again but I'm still mystified at Mowbray for limiting Rovers in the final stages to one striker in Samuel by taking off the first two then throwing Corry Evans on WTF.

Thank god for Craig Conway's determined run in atrocious conditions and excellent finish othewrise Mowbray cold have had more egg on his face .

Just now, JAL said:

Pompey were poor they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag on today's showing. Enjoyed today thought the team looked balanced more four four two though you could say Dack played deeper now and again but I'm still mystified at Mowbray for limiting Rovers in the final stages to one striker in Samuel by taking off the first two then throwing Corry Evans on WTF.

Thank god for Craig Conway's determined run in atrocious conditions and excellent finish othewrise Mowbray cold have had more egg on his face .

Agree with every word of that. Just not your view on Nyambe today.

5 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Well done in the call of 3-1 made me look stupid ok stupider heh heh.  Only we did better than you suggested.  Have to disagree with Merc on Pompey being @#/?, I thiught they played some good stuff at times.  Ref let em get away with a bit too.  Enjoyable game bit nnervy at the end, not cos of Pompey but cos I thought he was gonna abandon it.

A few have said Pompey looked a decent side reading through the thread USA.

Didn't see the game myself today, but as I've already said, we played well on Tuesday, just couldn't convert, so today comes as no surprise.

Lets hope we can get a bit of steam up and string a few wins together.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

A few have said Pompey looked a decent side reading through the thread USA.

Didn't see the game myself today, but as I've already said, we played well on Tuesday, just couldn't convert, so today comes as no surprise.

Lets hope we can get a bit of steam up and string a few wins together.

Yes. We are 12 points away from automatic promotion and that will be 15 if we lose at Wigan. and there's a big list of clubs queuing up behind us.

Yet we are 11 points from the last relegation spot.

Sums up our season of inconsistency.

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

Mowbray agreed with you - but for me it was so annoying when our players were kicked all over the pitch - and yet we end up with 10 men.

It is amazing - playing in League 1 you would think the rules were different to the Premiership. I thought that the tackle from behind was frowned upon - and yet today time and time again they went through the back of our players.

Samuel had looked sharp to that point - hugely disappointed with his reaction.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Graham worked hard on Tuesday, but you refused to give him credit and instead championed the idiot Samuel.

Not for me like I said(like I have to keep repeating myself). Just accept my opinion is different

Graham was  back to his best at times. Need to keep it up now. 

Samuel sending off which ive didnt see is stupid and hopefully fine a week.wages..

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me like I said(like I have to keep repeating myself). Just accept my opinion is different

Graham was  back to his best at times. Need to keep it up now. 

Samuel sending off which ive didnt see is stupid and hopefully fine a week.wages..

If you fine him a weeks wage is he eligible to play the following week, or are you willing to keep paying him whilst he's unable to play ?

35 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Good win today against a decent Portsmouth side that we dominated.  Chapman was excellent and although marked tightly Dack did well to make space for others with his movement.  

Big test next week at Wigan who are flying at the moment.

You know what happens when Rovers get into the top 6...

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Yellow card for simulation, surely...

8BDED9A0-8FB6-46D4-8FCE-81904CA9C5D6.jpeg

Is there video of the spill, would like to see it again.  Video that i can actually watch this side the Atlantic.  Looked hilarious on Ifollow and I tried to go back to watch again but as usual it did nit work for me.

13 hours ago, Tom said:

Someone jog my memory who was the hapless forward we had a decade or so ago that got sent off late in an away game (thinking maybe Norwich) for stupidly kicking out at someone 

Remember a player come manager rugby tackling a Norwich player when his legs couldn't keep up...

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Really good performance, Mowbray has stumbled on his best side and has to stick to it now.

Chapman made a mockery of the insistence that he is best as an impact sub.

Midfield has a nice balance to it, Smallwoods industry, Whittinghams excellent passing range, Chapmans pace and directness and Bennetts work rate and tenacity.

Mentioned signs of Dack and Grahams link up on Tuesday and both were brilliant today said to chaddy that the latter has to play over Samuel who is an absolute clown.

Downing in defence was much more assured alongside the brilliant Mulgrew. Raya pulled off a great save first ha;f but always on the brink of a mistake.

Conway looked bright when he came on and deserved a goal.

Have to go to Wigan with the same team.

Football is full of opinions; that's why we're here....

Stumbled? Due to injuries has TM been able to play that side yet until yesterday? Not suggesting it would have been his first choice XI from the off. Can't help thinking there are plenty of things connected to injuries that either prevented TM from selecting certain  players and therefore combinations until yesterday.

e.g. Chapman & Nyambe,

Williams Mulgrew Downing Nyambe

Graham / Dack (with Chapman on wing)

Has Nyambe's return given TM the confidence to play Chapman in case he screws up and we now have more pace behind him versus Caddis to wriggle out of things should they go awry.

Does having a steadier CB pairing allow Whittingham and Smallwood more room?

Appears to me it's a series of things that come together that haven't really been possible until now for a variety of reasons.

If this is our best team / set-up, the bigger challenge is keeping everyone fit and fresh. Because the minute we lose the style/attribute a certain player has we can't replace them with more of the same.

Archived