BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

On 1/5/2018 at 20:19, S8 & Blue said:

S8 & Blue here, I’ve only just joined up today and thought it would be normal to have other fans pop in?

He’s only trying to create a bit of niggle, it’s fun.

Really though, I’m babbling myself about this game, it’s huge for us.

Every single time in recent history we’ve cracked in the big ones, hopefully we’ve turned a corner on this.

We really need a positive result here, but a draw wouldn’t be too bad.

Surprise package or not, they are there on merit and certainly have my respect.

Really, though we should both be focusing on catching Wigan.

So many people have them winning at a canter and I just don’t buy it.

Hell of a lot of games still to play.

In terms of bants, it’s all good fun, we know our place now.

Try not to be too gobby or offensive when you come on a Rovers board and I’m sure we’ll all get along fine.

Everyone wants to get promoted, so best of luck for the game, and may the best team win.

Not one like. 

Look everyone, if I'm going to cleverly 'banter' the place up then you are all clearly going to have to try harder.

In other news, really getting the big game feeling about this. Naively perhaps, but I think we will give them a right good pasting.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/96074/blackburn-fans-starting-get-concerned

Their forums have us down as "concerned". I wouldn't say we are concerned at all. This is a huge game for all involved but Shrewsbury don't exactly concern me as such. I am concerned about our defence more than anything.

Also strange to see them call Mowbray arrogant. If TM is anything arrogant isn't one of them.

One thing that does get me down about our current state is that such a big game at this stage of the season will only attract about 800 of them. We are hardly going toe-to-toe with a football giant.

Having read their horrible misconceptions about a great man TM (for all my criticisms of him as a manager) I sincerely hope we embarrass them. 

Mowbray was somewhat derogatory towards Shrewsbury when we drew at their place. I can't recall his exact wording, but it was mentioned on here and he was crticised for it. Along the lines of we should be beating the likes of that lot.

43 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/96074/blackburn-fans-starting-get-concerned

Their forums have us down as "concerned". I wouldn't say we are concerned at all. This is a huge game for all involved but Shrewsbury don't exactly concern me as such. I am concerned about our defence more than anything.

Also strange to see them call Mowbray arrogant. If TM is anything arrogant isn't one of them.

One thing that does get me down about our current state is that such a big game at this stage of the season will only attract about 800 of them. We are hardly going toe-to-toe with a football giant.

Having read their horrible misconceptions about a great man TM (for all my criticisms of him as a manager) I sincerely hope we embarrass them. 

That forum is great. I forgot what websites looked like back in the mid 90s when we won the Premiership. 

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray was somewhat derogatory towards Shrewsbury when we drew at their place. I can't recall his exact wording, but it was mentioned on here and he was crticised for it. Along the lines of we should be beating the likes of that lot.

We should be beating them

Anything less than a win on Saturday is unacceptable. We will know after 15 minutes what Rovers have turned up. Hopefully the hardworking battlers we have seen , at certain times, this season. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We should be beating them

Anything less than a win on Saturday is unacceptable. We will know after 15 minutes what Rovers have turned up. Hopefully the hardworking battlers we have seen , at certain times, this season. 

I think we will win. I would be more certain if I knew a weeks work on defending crosses and set plays was curing the problem.

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Think the reference to TM relates to comments made when manager of Coventry along the lines of should be beating the likes of Shrewsbury

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Not one like. 

Look everyone, if I'm going to cleverly 'banter' the place up then you are all clearly going to have to try harder.

In other news, really getting the big game feeling about this. Naively perhaps, but I think we will give them a right good pasting.

Glad somebody else has that feeling. For some reason I am expecting us to tonk them.  We haven't really clicked yet at home and they are decent defensively.  At some stage we will wallop someone at home.  Likewise Shrewsbury are due to leak a few.  Roll on Saturday!

Shrewsbury have now played twice since we exited the Cup vs Hull having made a raft of changes, rested numerous players, and the manager admitted he wasn't bothered that we'd got knocked out.

5 of Shrewsbury's starting line up in the micky mouse cup tonight also started vs West Ham on Sunday. 

Absolutely no excuses for them being faster/fitter/fresher than us come Saturday. Unless we're supposed to believe that Rovers large and expensive squad of players need a rest when its the FA Cup yet Shrewsbury's smaller squad can manage 3 games in a week no problem.

45 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Shrewsbury won 4 2 on penalties. 

Good result for us. Yes, they have winning momentum but they have the distraction of the cup and have had to earn it the hard way.

It may come down to a battle of fitness come the end of the season.

That said, if Shrewsbury get second place then they will fully deserve it.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Shrewsbury have now played twice since we exited the Cup vs Hull having made a raft of changes, rested numerous players, and the manager admitted he wasn't bothered that we'd got knocked out.

5 of Shrewsbury's starting line up in the micky mouse cup tonight also started vs West Ham on Sunday. 

Absolutely no excuses for them being faster/fitter/fresher than us come Saturday. Unless we're supposed to believe that Rovers large and expensive squad of players need a rest when its the FA Cup yet Shrewsbury's smaller squad can manage 3 games in a week no problem.

Whenever we have more time off to prepare than the opposition I usually think we look slower of feet and mind than the oppositiob and a yard off the pace.

We can't afford to let that happen this Saturday 

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought this was a big game for them?

#tinpot

Lets get this straight, it is a big game for Blackburn Rovers, a must win as you are 5 points behind and I can see this board going into meltdown if we win........for us it is just the next game all the remaining games are important

We will have about a 1000 which wont be bad considering we have the cost of a trip to West Ham to consider next Tuesday as well.

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought this was a big game for them?

#tinpot

I think that's unfair. We, of all supporters, should know about being ridiculed for attendance numbers in the top tier. Fair play to the 800 or whatever that come. Football is for the fans. As long as we win, and everyone enjoys the footy.

1 hour ago, STFC7-1 said:

Lets get this straight, it is a big game for Blackburn Rovers, a must win as you are 5 points behind and I can see this board going into meltdown if we win........for us it is just the next game all the remaining games are important

:lol: You keep telling yourself that. Because of your insouciance I hope we batter you 5-0. Before your post I hoped merely for a hard fought 2-1 victory. You only have yourself to blame.

Anyway, brass tacks, 800 is a shit turnout considering it's your best season since Decimalisation. We get more at Brockhall for our U23's weekly open training sessions;)

1 hour ago, STFC7-1 said:

We will have about a 1000 which wont be bad considering we have the cost of a trip to West Ham to consider next Tuesday as well.

You are correct in saying that it is a very important game Rovers. Not quite a deal breaker but getting there.

You are kidding yourself if you think it is just another game for your lot. You know it's not, we know it's not and so does your manager and team.

The Cup games you have played will not hinder you. Our extra rest will not aid us. It will be about who is up for it more come Saturday afternoon.

Based on your home gates I would say that if you bring upwards of 1,000 to Ewood it's a good show.

Enough of this good chum routine, I hope we pliss all over you but being a nice lot take you to the cleaners :)

COYB :rover:

8 hours ago, STFC7-1 said:

It's a huge game for you. Probably one of your biggest games ever,in your entire history. I just thought you would bring more fans 

No one here will melt down regardless. Survived 7 years of Venkys already. This season is our turning point. 

7 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I think that's unfair. We, of all supporters, should know about being ridiculed for attendance numbers in the top tier. Fair play to the 800 or whatever that come. Football is for the fans. As long as we win, and everyone enjoys the footy.

The likes of big dog don't attend Ewood and for someone to ridicule Shrewsbury is downright rude .. Just ignore his comments 

Just now, Athlete said:

The likes of big dog don't attend Ewood and for someone to ridicule Shrewsbury is downright rude .. Just ignore his comments 

'Blackburn don't find winning games as easy these days, without a Sugar Daddy owner. They've found their true level now, and will be put to the sword at the weekend'

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/96074/blackburn-fans-starting-get-concerned#ixzz53rRnxZdq

I hope we smash 'em, and as rudely as possible.

Archived