Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham away 17.3.18

JHRover

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

@darragh_lenihan: Good to get through training today. Ready for Tuesday now

If fit, he has to start. Harsh on Downing; but Lenihan is too good not to start.

Downing has done great, he is probably due a rest. I wouldn't be against rotating things a bit on Tuesday. 

We can't expect the same 11 to start every game in April. Time for the squad to step up

I would look to shake it up a little.

Raya

Bennett Mulgrew Downing Bell

Conway Smallwood Evans 

payne Armstrong 

Graham

have Lenihan Samuel Caddis Williams Travis Antonnsonon the bench along with the keeper.

leaves alternatives to change formation.

any doubts about Dack don’t risk him

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Raya

Conway Smallwood Evans 

payne Armstrong 

Graham

have Lenihan Samuel Caddis Williams Travis Antonnsonon the bench along with the keeper.

I don't agree. If Lenihan is really fit he needs to play. If he's on the bench that team has a centre half and three full backs sat there. I'd leave Caddis out of it and have Whittingham on the bench.

Dack would have to be really fit for me also. Mowbray needs to be aware the guy will want to play at his old stamping ground but if he's not fit he shouldn't even travel down.

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Raya

Conway Smallwood Evans 

payne Armstrong 

Graham

It would be madness changing the formation at this stage. Agree about Dack though. No point risking him for one game then losing him for the rest.

5 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

@darragh_lenihan: Good to get through training today. Ready for Tuesday now

If fit, he has to start. Harsh on Downing; but Lenihan is too good not to start.

If we get promoted with a couple of games to go, I’d like to see Downing play alongside Lenihan, before the end of the season. Not only that, I’d like to see Mulgrew have a game in the middle of midfield. I still think we lack something in the centre of the park. 

Just now, scotchrover said:

If we get promoted with a couple of games to go, I’d like to see Downing play alongside Lenihan, before the end of the season. Not only that, I’d like to see Mulgrew have a game in the middle of midfield. I still think we lack something in the centre of the park. 

We do lack something in the centre of the park but I'm not sure it's Charlie Boy, especially next season if we do get promoted.

On 08/04/2018 at 16:06, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Dack isn't fit ( and he'd have to be absolutely 100% for me to be risked ) Payne get's another chance  to make a name for himself in that role. Playing away he may get more space.  If he's ineffectual after 45 mins I suggest we move Bennett there and play Travis at right back. It's a shame Gladwin isn't match fit as he's a better player than Dack, in his head.

No point risking Dack if there is any doubt at all, a reoccurrence of this injury could be the end his season.

Gladwin better than Dack are you feeling okay? 

20 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Raya

Conway Smallwood Evans 

payne Armstrong 

Graham

Conway at CM? Or Conway and Evans as wide midfielders? Hahaha

• Moderation Lead
46 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Gladwin better than Dack are you feeling okay? 

Seems like you missed the post where Gladwin was in The Bonny Inn giving it the 'Big I Am' saying he'd not been given a chance anywhere he'd been and that he was better than Dack.

Nobody with two working eyes could seriously believe that Gladwin was better than Dack......

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dack won't be starting Tuesday anyway by the sounds of this 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/16147054.Rovers_boss_won_t_let_emotion_dictate_decision_over_Bradley_Dack_s_fitness/?ref=mac 

Probably the safest option if it means having him fit for the remaining games after tomorrow 

Yep; as you say, no point risking him missing the remainder of the season. Give him the evening off, get Payne in and all being well, bring Dack in for arguably the tougher looking game against Bristol Rovers on Saturday.

Big game tomorrow. 7 points ahead of Shrews would be a big psychological boost ahead of their clash against Bradford on Thursday.

Looks like Dack will be in the squad tomorrow as Nuttall, Travis etc are playing tonight for the under 23s.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You must have missed the post quoting Gladwin saying he was a better player than Dack. The " in his head " bit was a clue.

Is gladwin fit. I mean physically, for selection tomorrow. He obviously not mentally right if he believes the voices in his head 

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm starting to wish I'd never mentioned Gladwin. Allegedly he thinks he's a better player than Dack.

I know that's why he's clearly mental

Edit. I was supposed to say gladwin not dack

Nervous about this. It could be such an important win.

If we do win, I imagine it would be a real kick in the guts for the Shrews. Conversely, f it goes against us, it could be a real pick me up for them after an energy sapping Wembley defeat.

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if a significant add -on in the Dack deal depended on Rovers'' promotion!

Just go out and win Rovers, if just for all of us that made the original trip but now can't make it on Tuesday night.

Travis at right back, Bennett alongside Smallwood, Dack and Bell, with Armstrong and Graham up top, in a 442 would be my preference for this match.

COYB!!!

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Just go out and win Rovers, if just for all of us that made the original trip but now can't make it on Tuesday night.

Travis at right back, Bennett alongside Smallwood, Dack and Bell, with Armstrong and Graham up top, in a 442 would be my preference for this match.

COYB!!!

Did Travis play for u23s last night?? 

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

COYB!!!

No chance of Travis playing tonight.

Archived