BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

13 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I try to get up to Celtic Park once a month. The Celtic Supporters Club that I’m a member of runs a bus up to all home games, some away games if tickets are forthcoming, otherwise it’s a minibus or cars. Week in, week out.

The bus leaves Coventry at around 6am and gets back to the Midlands after games at midnight. There are lads on from Peterborough, the south coast, Wales, Coventry & Birmingham, with a few more being added on the way up.

The coach park at the stadium is full of coaches from all over Scotland and the UK. There are also numerous coaches parked up outside pubs. In addition, fans arrive from Ireland by ferry and plane. Week in, week out.

I can assure you, these are not plastic fans. They are die hards. As much as I dislike those from the other side of the city, their support and the lengths they go to, to follow their team, falls into the same category. 

Celtic is a club founded on charity and the need to help those less fortunate than others. To this day, the supporters continue to raise thousands of pounds each year for those in the east end of Glasgow, the wider Glasgow area, Scotland and further afield. I’m not talking about the club making donations here (although it does), I’m talking money raised by supporters alone. Over the years, it will have run into hundreds of thousands, if not more.

I can’t be arsed going into the details of the Tv deals (or lack of in Scotland) which reduces the Scottish Premiership to ‘Mickey Mouse’ levels, when compared to England. It’s not worth it.

May be do a bit of research before coming out with utter bullsh*t. You haven’t got a clue.

I go up on the Blackpool Shamrock CSC Bus which I think a few of the lads from ours get on yours for cup games, etc!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I go up on the Blackpool Shamrock CSC Bus which I think a few of the lads from ours get on yours for cup games, etc!

Yep, you usually pass us on the M74, if yours is the white bus with a 01772 number on the back? 😆 Do you end up in the Tavern on Tollcross Road like us?

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Some really strange results over the weekend, non more so than the mighty Ross Country beating Rangers for the first time in the clubs history, handing the title to Celtic.......

Rovers, Villa and Ross County all against the odds and I saw all 3 games. A good weekend.

For the record I like both Rangers and Celtic. I saw the Celtic European Cup victory live on TV back in the day. Jim Baxter a big reason for liking Rangers.

• Like 1

Wife's  Diary:    

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird.  We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. 

I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late,      
but he made no comment on it. 

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk.
He agreed, but he didn't say much. 

I asked him what was wrong; He said, "nothing." 

I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. 

He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. 

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. 

He smiled slightly, and kept driving.  I can't explain his behaviour. 
I don't know why he didn't say, “I love you, too.” 

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.
He just sat there quietly, and watched TV.  He continued to seem distant and absent. 

Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed.  About 15 minutes later, he came to bed.
But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else.  He fell asleep; I cried.
I don't know what to do.  I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else.  My life is a disaster. 

Husband's  Diary:

Who the fuck loses to Ross County??

• Like 7

On 15/04/2024 at 12:15, AllRoverAsia said:

Rovers, Villa and Ross County all against the odds and I saw all 3 games. A good weekend.

For the record I like both Rangers and Celtic. I saw the Celtic European Cup victory live on TV back in the day. Jim Baxter a big reason for liking Rangers.

I also saw Celtic win the European Cup, I was in the stadium as a 17 year old. I also agree that Rangers had some wonderful players and Slim Jim was up there with the vey best. John Greig was another. 

• Like 2

On 15/04/2024 at 11:59, Claytons Left Boot said:

Yep, you usually pass us on the M74, if yours is the white bus with a 01772 number on the back? 😆 Do you end up in the Tavern on Tollcross Road like us?

Aye, they've been going in the Anchor across from Parched Library while the Tavern was closed but they were back in the Tavern on Saturday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

just watched the scottish cup semi final epic game that finished 3-3,aberdeen denied a penalty in the worst decision in the history of football,predictably celtic go on to win on penalties,incidentally the best player on the pitch was junior hoilett who gave the celtic full back an absolute horro afternoon

Aberdeen did very well to take it to pens in all fairness. Hoilett made a big difference when he came on. As did Forrest for Celtic. 

All 3 Aberdeen goals set up by ex Rovers players with Clarkson playing a slide rule pass for the first one.

Edited by oldjamfan1

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

just watched the scottish cup semi final epic game that finished 3-3,aberdeen denied a penalty in the worst decision in the history of football,predictably celtic go on to win on penalties,incidentally the best player on the pitch was junior hoilett who gave the celtic full back an absolute horro afternoon

Good game for a neutral and yes, I would have been cheesed off if that penalty had been denied Celtic. Celtic have the second worst penalty conversion rate in the Scottish Premiership, so hardly predictable that they went on to win it that way. I was dreading it.

I hadn’t realised Hoillet was at Aberdeen and I’m glad he only came on as a sub. Celtic’s right back, Johnston is a very decent player but Hoillet caused him problems. Didn’t help that Johnston twice allowed him to cut inside onto his stronger right foot and from those crosses, two almost identical goals were scored. 

Celtic just about shaded it, I thought, but it was still a poor performance from them. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Good game for a neutral and yes, I would have been cheesed off if that penalty had been denied Celtic. Celtic have the second worst penalty conversion rate in the Scottish Premiership, so hardly predictable that they went on to win it that way. I was dreading it.

I hadn’t realised Hoillet was at Aberdeen and I’m glad he only came on as a sub. Celtic’s right back, Johnston is a very decent player but Hoillet caused him problems. Didn’t help that Johnston twice allowed him to cut inside onto his stronger right foot and from those crosses, two almost identical goals were scored. 

Celtic just about shaded it, I thought, but it was still a poor performance from them. 

Mark, for 25/30 minutes second half Aberdeen were absolutely pegged back in their defensive third and blowing out of their arses. On another day that would have been a routine 3-0 or 4-0 win. Forrest’s introduction made such a difference. Then Celtic’s centre half  Scales had a nightmare spell where he missed an absolute sitter of a header and then lost his man twice to allow goals from similar positions to the one he missed.

Great game though! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Mark, for 25/30 minutes second half Aberdeen were absolutely pegged back in their defensive third and blowing out of their arses. On another day that would have been a routine 3-0 or 4-0 win. Forrest’s introduction made such a difference. Then Celtic’s centre half  Scales had a nightmare spell where he missed an absolute sitter of a header and then lost his man twice to allow goals from similar positions to the one he missed.

Great game though! 

Scales is so slow, the amount of problems be causes himself in possession by how ponderous he is with the ball is criminal . Terrifies me. 

• Like 1