BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

Rangers have sacked Beale and not a moment to soon, that performance yesterday was abysmal, he should have gone after the loss to Celtic. 

No idea who will come in to replace him, but whoever does take the hot seat has a massive job on his hands, the leagues already gone.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gav said:

Rangers have sacked Beale and not a moment to soon, that performance yesterday was abysmal, he should have gone after the loss to Celtic. 

No idea who will come in to replace him, but whoever does take the hot seat has a massive job on his hands, the leagues already gone.

I thought rangers where the far better team in the game against Celtic they just couldn’t score for toffee, abit like us

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I thought rangers where the far better team in the game against Celtic they just couldn’t score for toffee, abit like us

Yes, good point. 

Rangers should have been out of sight after 20 mins yesterday and ended up being well beaten, the manager wasn’t up to the job.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gav said:

With the greatest of respect that is absolute rubbish.

If you go to Ewood week in week out and do nothing more than look at the result after 90mins, then I could see a slight point to this. But if you understand the bigger picture this will make no sense whatsoever. 

We have lost 5 first team players by my calculations, quality players at this level and he’s been given a bag of magic beans and some bottle tops to try and replace them.

The man’s doing a very good job with the cards he’s been dealt.

I am inclined to agree on this, but of the players we lost: Kaminski wasn't picked and he preferred Pears, he clearly wasn't sold on Dack, Phillips wasn't played and Ayala was always injured. Morton played more consistently and of course we do miss Brereton's goals. I'd say Moran and Sigurdsson are pretty good replacements, with full credit going to GB for acquiring them on such a limited budget. He has been completely let down by those idiots in Pune, but it isn't that dissimilar to what's happened in the past - Armstrong, Rothwell etc all left.

As for JDT winning the league there by October with £12m, I'm not too sure. He would do very well there, but Celtic hardly drop many points themselves. Ange might be gone now but I reckon an Ange-JDT tactical battle would be a fascinating one. Two quality styles of football.

On 01/10/2023 at 21:52, Oldgregg86 said:

Rangers had a good spell early in the game but ran out of steam, to say the least. Celtic had a lot of players out that day, particularly defenders, and were there for the taking.  
Beale was a cheap appointment that backfired massively.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • Backroom

Jeez, lot of negativity for the OF derby on here.

Cracking game that. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Listened to 1st half and radio,  watched 2nd.

Who cares how crap the standard is as long as it's entertaining. 

I'll be surprised if Man Utd Liverpool is even half as fun as that. High chance it'll be 0-0. Hope I'm very wrong. 

• Like 6

Rangers v Celtic is normally very watchable and today was no exception. Absolutely shocking VAR call for the Rangers penalty though, dearie me. It changed the game as well as they were never in it up until that point.

• Like 6

Not sure if the ‘negative’ jibe is aimed at me as I enjoyed the game.

My point was in response to those that decry the quality up there, it’s simple economics as to why when a club like, say, Rotherham, will be earning more in TV revenue than Rangers.

having no away fans takes away the edge but good game though,spoiled by the ludicrous var people,if a ref and his linesmen can`t make a decision then they`de should`nt be there,don`t need a **** on a video screen telling him what to do

Edited by simongarnerisgod
spelling
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Silas said:

Jeez, lot of negativity for the OF derby on here.

Cracking game that. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Listened to 1st half and radio,  watched 2nd.

Who cares how crap the standard is as long as it's entertaining. 

I'll be surprised if Man Utd Liverpool is even half as fun as that. High chance it'll be 0-0. Hope I'm very wrong. 

Ah! The game where I want both teams to lose so am always disappointed.

Ok, there will be a slight leaning towards a Liverpool win provided it's at a score embarrassing to ManUre.

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not sure if the ‘negative’ jibe is aimed at me as I enjoyed the game.

My point was in response to those that decry the quality up there, it’s simple economics as to why when a club like, say, Rotherham, will be earning more in TV revenue than Rangers.

Not really a jibe at you or anyone, just a general observation. 

'We' all do it sometimes, whether it's some of the women's football, or National League .

Get all pious about the quality and skill on show. When it should be mainly about excitement and entertainment. 

It's pretty funny considering the 4hrs of shite we religiously view on an average week. This last week probably a rare exception. 

10 minutes ago, Silas said:

'We' all do it sometimes, whether it's some of the women's football, or National League .

Get all pious about the quality and skill on show. When it should be mainly about excitement and entertainment. 

It's pretty funny considering the 4hrs of shite we religiously view on an average week. This last week probably a rare exception. 

I used to go to a few Bradford City mid week matches when I worked half a mile from their ground.

The standard was atrocious but the games were (on the whole) very entertaining.

• Like 1

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ah! The game where I want both teams to lose so am always disappointed.

Ok, there will be a slight leaning towards a Liverpool win provided it's at a score embarrassing to ManUre.

Anyone but City for me on the League. It's so dull watching them win it year after year. No matter how good they are to watch. 

I know I'm a minority on that. Most people I know are just desperate not to see a Klopp farewell title. And the thought of Arteta doing a victory dance....well, I get it. I just like change though. 

21 minutes ago, Silas said:

But we know we're watching shite.