BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

Well, as an employee of Heart of Midlothian I can't decide whether last nights result for Rangers is a good thing for the Jam Tarts chances in the Scottish Cup Final this Saturday or not. Deflated or inspired? Tired or competent back up ready to go?

Luckily the result for Hearts doesn't have too much of an impact in terms of next season. Europa League confirmed, with group stage football in a European competition guaranteed til Christmas.

4 hours ago, sabino said:

The Old Rangers went from Administration and into Liquidation.

If we died like that I very much doubt the Leagues would bend over to allow us to form a new club as if Liquidation hadn't happened. Do you?

No. However we are not as important to the funding and dynamic of the English league system as Rangers are to Scotland.

If Rangers ceased to exist, how long would it be before there was a serious challenger to Celtics dominance. If you think the interest, TV rights funding and sponsorship of Scottish football is low now, imagine it in that situation,

On 19/05/2022 at 13:25, Hasta said:

No. However we are not as important to the funding and dynamic of the English league system as Rangers are to Scotland.

If Rangers ceased to exist, how long would it be before there was a serious challenger to Celtics dominance. If you think the interest, TV rights funding and sponsorship of Scottish football is low now, imagine it in that situation,

After Rangers were devoted Kevin Bridges, the comedian, commented that Scottish football was traditionally a two horse race, but that they'd lost a horse so now it's show-jumping.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, DanLad said:

After Rangers were devoted Kevin Bridges, the comedian, commented that Scottish football was traditionally a two horse race, but that they'd lost a horse so now it's show-jumping.

At the moment it's a load of pony.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
4 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Some sad news coming out of Scotland that Andy Goram, the ex Rangers goalie and a former schoolboy opponent of mine at cricket and football, has terminal cancer and has been given about 6 months to live.

Of 'Two Andy Gorams' fame? That is a shame 😞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Come on Ukrane.

Virtually the whole of Europe will be supporting the country that has suffered so much torment at the hands of an immoral leader. On the other hand, I'm sure there will be a few who'd prefer Ukraine to win!

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Virtually the whole of Europe will be supporting the country that has suffered so much torment at the hands of an immoral leader. On the other hand, I'm sure there will be a few who'd prefer Ukraine to win!

Ha! Excellent!

12 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I take it you mean queen Nicola !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Nicola sturgeon?

• Like 1

Scotland need a system change. They have 3 CBs covering 1 striker leaving Ukraine to control all of midfield and no suspicion of Scotland press.

Ukraine are also technically better.

Scotland's best chances will come from a set play as CA and Dykes in open play are as close to donkeys as makes no difference.

Come on Scotland, turn up and show passion!

• Like 1