BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

Come on Scotland.  Can't stand the whole blubbering press conference thing with the Ukraine players.  I feel for the people but it's getting on my nerves with the whole crying thing everytime they're interviewed

So you don’t feel for them then?

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

What nonsense are you trying to stir up now?

That I found it strange that posts especially that one from roverandout regarding "blubbering" that people have gone from wanting Scotland to lose to wanting them to win because Ukranian players keep crying about the war.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

That I found it strange that posts especially that one from roverandout regarding "blubbering" that people have gone from wanting Scotland to lose to wanting them to win because Ukranian players keep crying about the war.

Why is it strange.  I fully understand the circumstances of what's happening and maybe I was too harsh on zinchenco but sometimes I feel players are playing to the gallery with these waterworks.  If the players that are breaking down have family In the Ukraine then fair enough but if its just jingoistic then it's over the top 

Why do they need to? There are many ways to serve your country in wartime. Maybe they are also doing their country a service by lifting the spirits of their fellow Ukrainians and giving the world a positive view of Ukraine, an independent, sovereign nation, doing sovereign nation things .

Maybe the Eurovision winners shouldn’t have bothered either and should’ve just picked up a rifle in Kharkiv instead.  

‘Lovely tune that Vera, it is really rallying the nation, but don’t you know there’s a war on, get your arse to Burma’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

On 04/06/2018 at 18:09, Dryhorse said:

Scottish players have always left in thete droves though nothing new

Its mainly about money and getting a better chance of a call up

Celtic first team in history to get back to back trebles Rangers still have more so it cant be that one sided

Worst league in Europe is it aye

Okay name one nation our size to get two teams into Uefa cup finals in last 10 12 years?

Or actually won any major competitions there?

Pretty sure the under echeivments of national team slided with teams like Leeds Villa Liverpool Forrest stopped buying our players Ispwich to look were they are now put Pool there cos they have never won the EPL

They should rename it the Glasgow Premier League, as Celtic and Rangers are the only teams that win it. Apart from Alex Fergusons Aberdeen in the 80s, it's not competitive enough for  Scottish football.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2022 at 16:35, oldjamfan1 said:

Without straying too far into old firm willy waving territory, I doubt what the Lisbon Lions achieved in 1967 will ever be surpassed - and that isn't taking anything away from Rangers 2022 whatsoever. What was the stat - all players apart from one were born within about 10 miles of Celtic Park? Incredible. 

Get Mr Lennox round to yours for a brew Andy. Just up the road.

DE1DD778-7845-420D-85B7-B1AC165C939F.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Yes, well done to Beale. I wonder though if he would have done the same if it was the League Cup final against Celtic 😉😉

I had a few friends at the game yesterday (on both sides) and they said it was obvious what had happened and also what was going to happen, with the way the teams lined up at the kick off. The two managers apparently actually shook hands before Rangers allowed The Jags to score the equaliser, so Beale had told Iain McCall the plan. Common sense really but yeah, its an easy thing to do in a situation like that where Rangers were odds-on to go on and win the game anyway.

Allan McGregor wasn't too keen to allow the Partick lad to score though lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I had a few friends at the game yesterday (on both sides) and they said it was obvious what had happened and also what was going to happen, with the way the teams lined up at the kick off. The two managers apparently actually shook hands before Rangers allowed The Jags to score the equaliser, so Beale had told Iain McCall the plan. Common sense really but yeah, its an easy thing to do in a situation like that where Rangers were odds-on to go on and win the game anyway.

Allan McGregor wasn't too keen to allow the Partick lad to score though lol

I did hear a lot of discontent amongst the Rangers fans Andy when the Jags player was going through unchallenged. I recall a similar incident in the FA Cup when Marc Overmars scored after Alan Kelly kicked the ball out for a player to have treatment. On this occasion Wenger didn't let the opponents but offered a replay. My own thoughts were Wenger was 'at it' and put the ball back in the FA's court for them to make the decision. The FA, in an unprecedented move made them replay it.

• Like 1