BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I did hear a lot of discontent amongst the Rangers fans Andy when the Jags player was going through unchallenged. I recall a similar incident in the FA Cup when Marc Overmars scored after Alan Kelly kicked the ball out for a player to have treatment. On this occasion Wenger didn't let the opponents but offered a replay. My own thoughts were Wenger was 'at it' and put the ball back in the FA's court for them to make the decision. The FA, in an unprecedented move made them replay it.

He was a sly old fox Arsene

• Like 1

• Backroom

Nah, balls to that imo. Yes I'd be annoyed if it were against us, but Rangers gave them the advantage of a throw because of the injured player. Therefore Rangers should have every right to play the game as normal from then on.

59 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Nah, balls to that imo. Yes I'd be annoyed if it were against us, but Rangers gave them the advantage of a throw because of the injured player. Therefore Rangers should have every right to play the game as normal from then on.

No, it was really obvious that the Jags left back was giving the ball back to Rangers. They did the right thing. Had they not, it opens the door for all sorts of shithousery in the future. Including not kicking the ball out for injured players.

• Like 1

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

No, it was really obvious that the Jags left back was giving the ball back to Rangers. They did the right thing. Had they not, it opens the door for all sorts of shithousery in the future. Including not kicking the ball out for injured players.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I'm all for shithousery like that 😛

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I am never comfortable with the convention of kicking the ball out Andy. In the vast majority of cases the player is fit to continue after a short period of treatment and a walk to leave the pitch. I honestly don't know what the physio does to aid such a swift recovery for a seemingly badly injured player. Personally I would just leave the referee to decide whether or not a player requires treatment as my own sceptical view is that it's being badly abused. Slightly different but I knew of managers who told their players to go down holding their heads to put pressure on the referee to stop the game. And strangely it was always when they were under a period of pressure 😂.

• Like 2

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yeah I get all those arguments, but none of those things applied in this example. It wasn't particularly in Rangers' interests to waste time and Partick were simply giving possession back to them. 

They should've been ready for it as soon as they put the ball back in play. If I were Rangers, I'd go and get possession, not wait for them to give it back. They're my opponents, not my neighbour fetching it from the back garden.

25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

They should've been ready for it as soon as they put the ball back in play. If I were Rangers, I'd go and get possession, not wait for them to give it back. They're my opponents, not my neighbour fetching it from the back garden.

We'll just need to agree to disagree on this one matey. Its just etiquette. Its the equivalent of a Mankad in cricket, its piss-poor. 

• Like 2

I think it was poor from Tillman, but I do hate how teams (especially when in the lead in added time) feign injuries, kick the ball out and expect the ball to be played back to them. If you have 2 minutes to equalise, it isn't fair that a team can kill half of that. I'd love to clamp down on it but not sure how. Also hate the faux outrage when a player goes down with an obviously fake/exaggerated injury and the opposition team doesn't kick it out. 

That being said, that didn't apply in the Rangers game. It was the Rangers player who had gone down, and it was clearly going to be returned.

1 minute ago, smiller14 said:

I think it was poor from Tillman, but I do hate how teams (especially when in the lead in added time) feign injuries, kick the ball out and expect the ball to be played back to them. If you have 2 minutes to equalise, it isn't fair that a team can kill half of that. I'd love to clamp down on it but not sure how. Also hate the faux outrage when a player goes down with an obviously fake/exaggerated injury and the opposition team doesn't kick it out. 

That being said, that didn't apply in the Rangers game. It was the Rangers player who had gone down, and it was clearly going to be returned.

Simple for me, play continues around the treated player. That'll show who's actually injured and not. Clock stops in added time and/or there's a throw in/goal kick timer.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Leighton Clarkson MOM in todays 2-0 win for Aberdeen v Rangers. Markanday didn’t get a kick as usual. Incidentally Aberdeen won 2-0 with 25% of possession.

I was working at it , clarkson is never a champ standard midfielder but he will have a semi decent career in Scotland or league 1

Just been given some corporate tickets for the Rangers v Celtic league game at Ibrox in early May.

It will be a bit of a dead rubber, but without doubt one of the best derby games in world football.

Edinburgh Fish market fish n chips on the way home, what’s not to like. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Just been given some corporate tickets for the Rangers v Celtic league game at Ibrox in early May.

It will be a bit of a dead rubber, but without doubt one of the best derby games in world football.

We'll be in the play-offs !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

A bit of a deviation via Edinburgh is it not?

Friday night coming sees Queen's Park, managed by a certain O. Coyle and going for a third promotion in as many years, play Dundee, managed by a certain G. Bowyer, for a winner takes all promotion tie in the Scottish Championship.

(A draw sees Dundee go up!)

Edited by GHR
Spag
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Queen’s Park close to Scottish top-flight return but there is sting to tale | Queen's Park | The Guardian

Bowyer V Coyle in the Scottish Championship Promotion Shoot-Out tonight. 

Come on Gary!

Live on BBC Scotland (channel 187) tonight.

I hope horse face isn't wearing his toothy grin after the game.

• Like 2