BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scottish Football

Brendon Rodgers back as Celtic manager by all accounts, good manager in my opinion. 

I wonder how the Celtic fans who created the song ‘I hope you die in your sleep Brendon Rodgers’ feel about his return…..

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Brendon Rodgers back as Celtic manager by all accounts, good manager in my opinion. 

I wonder how the Celtic fans who created the song ‘I hope you die in your sleep Brendon Rodgers’ feel about his return…..

It’s an odd one Gav. He’s a good appointment in the sense that he knows the club and the league and plays attacking football but my God he pissed the fan base off last time around with the manner of his departure. Class act he certainly isn’t.

Edit. That doesn’t mean I approve of that abhorrent song you mention.

Edited by oldjamfan1

26 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It’s an odd one Gav. He’s a good appointment in the sense that he knows the club and the league and plays attacking football but my God he pissed the fan base off last time around with the manner of his departure. Class act he certainly isn’t.

Edit. That doesn’t mean I approve of that abhorrent song you mention.

I think you hit the nail on the head, he’s a good appointment, probably the best manager around that’s available to Celtic.

If he wins things all will be forgotten, nowt as fickle as football fans.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was fortunate enough to attend the Old Firm game at Ibrox at the end of last season and although it was pretty much a dead rubber, with no away fans, the atmosphere and experience was superb. 

We are off again to watch them play Aberdeen in the early part of the season, if you get the chance, go and see the old firm, you'll not regret it. 

Ps - Glasgow is a great city too, one of the best, food isn't bad either - https://www.crabshakk.co.uk/

Ibrox 1.jpg

Ibrox 2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 07/07/2023 at 13:53, Gav said:

I was fortunate enough to attend the Old Firm game at Ibrox at the end of last season and although it was pretty much a dead rubber, with no away fans, the atmosphere and experience was superb. 

We are off again to watch them play Aberdeen in the early part of the season, if you get the chance, go and see the old firm, you'll not regret it. 

Ps - Glasgow is a great city too, one of the best, food isn't bad either - https://www.crabshakk.co.uk/

Ibrox 1.jpg

Ibrox 2.jpg

Was your The Rangers v. Aberdeen trip the one today?

• Like 1

Rangers were appalling yesterday, I’d be surprised if Beale lasts the weekend after that shambles. When Aberdeen scored the 2nd goal half the stadium left on mass, the anger was palpable.

Aberdeen had 11 men behind the ball for large parts of the game, Rangers had nobody to break that down, sound familiar? 

You can forgive many things as a football fan and we often do, but a lack of desire is a red line for many and some of those players yesterday looked like they couldn’t be bothered, 2nd to every ball and shown up by an average Aberdeen side, full of guts and determination.

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Rangers were appalling yesterday, I’d be surprised if Beale lasts the weekend after that shambles. When Aberdeen scored the 2nd goal half the stadium left on mass, the anger was palpable.

Aberdeen had 11 men behind the ball for large parts of the game, Rangers had nobody to break that down, sound familiar? 

You can forgive many things as a football fan and we often do, but a lack of desire is a red line for many and some of those players yesterday looked like they couldn’t be bothered, 2nd to every ball and shown up by an average Aberdeen side, full of guts and determination.

Yeah all my Rangers supporting mates and work colleagues reckon Beale will get his jotters today (Scots slang for his P45).

Celtic don’t exactly look any great shakes either, definitely even more of a ‘tallest dwarf contest’ than usual up here this season. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Ibrox would be a good move for Tomasson.

I hadn’t really thought about that until I read it, but you’re spot on, great fit.

I read recently that Beale spent £12m in the summer, if that is true he’s wasted it, JDT with £12m would win that league by October. 

22 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Ibrox would be a good move for Tomasson.

Involuntarily laughing in the cafe and everyone looking at me on reading that one.

Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me but JDT has more than established his credentials in England and a top 5 league job is coming his way- still possible with Rovers next season. 

JDT with £12 million to spend would win the league..

I think JDT's management capabilities are being grossly inflated.

His record here , this year doesnt make good reading .

I agree , it would be a good move for him personally but if was a Rangers fan , I would be underwhelmed ..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I agree , it would be a good move for him personally but if was a Rangers fan , I would be underwhelmed ..

I don’t think his capabilities are being bigged up enough. I really believe he is a top level manager who would do wonders at a place where he got the backing to do what he needs to do and the transfers required to fit his system.  You can see with us, how he has us playing the quality he possesses he just doesn’t have the players to make it count. The fact he’s got us playing the way we do with kids out of the youth team and competing in the championship speaks volumes for me

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

With the greatest of respect that is absolute rubbish.

If you go to Ewood week in week out and do nothing more than look at the result after 90mins, then I could see a slight point to this. But if you understand the bigger picture this will make no sense whatsoever. 

We have lost 5 first team players by my calculations, quality players at this level and he’s been given a bag of magic beans and some bottle tops to try and replace them.

The man’s doing a very good job with the cards he’s been dealt.

Edited by Gav

28 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don’t think his capabilities are being bigged up enough. I really believe he is a top level manager who would do wonders at a place where he got the backing to do what he needs to do and the transfers required to fit his system.  You can see with us, how he has us playing the quality he possesses he just doesn’t have the players to make it count. The fact he’s got us playing the way we do with kids out of the youth team and competing in the championship speaks volumes for me

Everybody is entitled their opinions , if you haven't got the players to play the system , you don't play the system..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Waggy76 said:

Everybody is entitled their opinions , if you haven't got the players to play the system , you don't play the system..

I get that but then what system do we play with a team of 5ft 6 inexperienced teenagers with no options from the bench

• Like 1

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Involuntarily laughing in the cafe and everyone looking at me on reading that one.

Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me but JDT has more than established his credentials in England and a top 5 league job is coming his way- still possible with Rovers next season. 

Involuntarily laughting at the idea that a top 5 English club would touch Tomasson with a barge pole.

Andd absolutely pissing myself laughing at the notion that he'll be managing in the top flight with Rovers.