BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

Just now, JacknOry said:

So he finally got a gig then - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/36067/11565047/sol-campbell-appointed-macclesfield-manager

Be interesting to see how far his self-proclaimed genius gets him

He will fail because the country hasn't evolved enough to not be racists.

Not me I'm guna black up and be there at his first game singing his name for the full 90 

?

good luck to Sol at Macclesfield.

still no thanks @Tyrone Shoelaces

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Just noticed Bradford City are bottom of league 1, 7 points from safety and they got slapped 4-0 at Luton tonight. 

Surely that means the end for their manager? 

Think he only be there about 6 weeks/2 months. Isnt Jack Payne there?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

good luck to Sol at Macclesfield.

still no thanks @Tyrone Shoelaces

Think he only be there about 6 weeks/2 months. Isnt Jack Payne there?

May I ask why you said good luck to Campbell? The man is an arrogant, self-obsessed bell end who bleats on about his brilliant CV and seems deluded enough to think that its his skin colour thats stopping him from being Man City manager. Id be amazed if he does well.

Bradford have been shocking since they appointed Hopkin and he clearly isnt the man for the job. Yeah they have Payne, Akpan and also Paul Caddis

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

May I ask why you said good luck to Campbell? The man is an arrogant, self-obsessed bell end who bleats on about his brilliant CV and seems deluded enough to think that its his skin colour thats stopping him from being Man City manager. Id be amazed if he does well.

Bradford have been shocking since they appointed Hopkin and he clearly isnt the man for the job. Yeah they have Payne, Akpan and also Paul Caddis

Always like Campbell has a player. Very top player

Bradford have gone one way under their owners. Downhill very quickly since McCall left

Bradford have some sort of bonkers set up with their German owner who likes to be involved in recruitment and selection. Phil Parkinson walked out soon after they took over, McCall did an excellent job yet was sacked, Grayson wasn't prepared to hang around and then they went down the route of appointing a young unheard of coach in Collins who failed.

They don't seem to have a clue what they are doing in their appointments and it seems they've got one foot through the trap door. They've actually signed some decent players for League One level and other 'big names' like Payne, Scannell, Akpan, Caddis.

I'm surprised how poorly Plymouth and Bristol Rovers are doing. I had them down to be pushing the play-offs this season.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I genuinely hope Campbell does well, not for him but I think his failure will set back potential Black managers as he will he used as an example of box ticking, that said he really isn’t helping himself is he:

“I know Macclesfield fans will probably think: ‘What’s going on here?’” he said. “But you’ve got an international footballer who has been one of the best players in the world coming to your club. I think there’s a nice mutual balance there. There is give and take.”

I’m not in the loop enough to know if there is an issue with BAME folk getting less opportunities and it needs addressing if so, but Sol (like PETA and their militant vegans) does more damage for the cause than good and makes it into a laughing stock 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

I genuinely hope Campbell does well, not for him but I think his failure will set back potential Black managers as he will he used as an example of box ticking, that said he really isn’t helping himself is he:

“I know Macclesfield fans will probably think: ‘What’s going on here?’” he said. “But you’ve got an international footballer who has been one of the best players in the world coming to your club. I think there’s a nice mutual balance there. There is give and take.”

I’m not in the loop enough to know if there is an issue with BAME folk getting less opportunities and it needs addressing if so, but Sol (like PETA and their militant vegans) does more damage for the cause than good and makes it into a laughing stock 

Agree. He's becoming a paradoy of himself

According to the racially obsessed BBC that now brings BAME representation among the 92 Football League clubs to 8.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46394289

If we want to get petty about things and talk about 'fair' representation I'd actually argue that 8 out of 92 isn't far off proportionate by head of the population in this country. 8 out of 92 is over 7% which I don't think is that far off the percentage of BAME people in society, perhaps a couple of per cent below. It seems the media are still under the impression that there is massive under-representation in the League. Interestingly I've heard plenty of people complaining about the number of BAME managers but none have ever provided a number out of 92 they believe is appropriate to satisfy this and come up with a reasonable argument why.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

If he goes in with that attitude then he won't last five minutes. Ultimately he will be judged on results but players just won't wear his Billy Big Bollocks style if he talks like that to them. I can see it ending in tears.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Didnt take him long did it. What does being an international footballer and one of the best footballers in the world (though that is an overstatement, perhaps one of the best CBs in the country at the time but not in the world) have to do with becoming a manager? Alan Shearer is just one example of a player who actually was one of the best in the world not being cut out for management.  

• Moderation Lead

He was a cracking footballer, but if he's a rubbish manager, he'll continue to make himself look like an entitled whopper if he comes out with this nonsense with regularity.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

According to the racially obsessed BBC that now brings BAME representation among the 92 Football League clubs to 8.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46394289

If we want to get petty about things and talk about 'fair' representation I'd actually argue that 8 out of 92 isn't far off proportionate by head of the population in this country. 8 out of 92 is over 7% which I don't think is that far off the percentage of BAME people in society, perhaps a couple of per cent below. It seems the media are still under the impression that there is massive under-representation in the League. Interestingly I've heard plenty of people complaining about the number of BAME managers but none have ever provided a number out of 92 they believe is appropriate to satisfy this and come up with a reasonable argument why.

On Talksport last night, Darren Lewis, black journalist for the Mirror said that there has been a furore about SC being called "the derogatory term"  coloured, rather than black, how is that derogatory?  Would you call Chris Hughton black?  i would have thought that coloured would encompass anyone who wasn't IC1, or is that just me?

I'd be interested to know who the 8 'BAME' managers are at present. Campbell, Darren Moore, presumably Chris Hughton, who are the other 5? Keith Curle? Who decides if you are BAME? Is it the people themselves, is it some bloke working for Kick it Out? Is it based on any criteria or just on someone having darker than average skin colour? Would, for example, Chris Hughton consider himself to be in a special category different to Mick McCarthy just because his skin is darker? Both as English as they come despite qualifying for the ROI through parents.

So many questions that these people in the media seem to avoid whilst coming up with their stories about 'under representation' when actually if you want to sit and work it out 8 out of 92 'minority' managers is actually about right for a percentage and in the case of the England senior team you could argue that non-BAME people are 'under represented' (if you want to spend your life making an issue out of it). 

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'd be interested to know who the 8 'BAME' managers are at present. Campbell, Darren Moore, presumably Chris Hughton, who are the other 5? Keith Curle? Who decides if you are BAME? Is it the people themselves, is it some bloke working for Kick it Out? Is it based on any criteria or just on someone having darker than average skin colour? Would, for example, Chris Hughton consider himself to be in a special category different to Mick McCarthy just because his skin is darker? Both as English as they come despite qualifying for the ROI through parents.

So many questions that these people in the media seem to avoid whilst coming up with their stories about 'under representation' when actually if you want to sit and work it out 8 out of 92 'minority' managers is actually about right for a percentage and in the case of the England senior team you could argue that non-BAME people are 'under represented' (if you want to spend your life making an issue out of it). 

According to today's " Guardian " the BAME managers are Chris Hughton, Nuno Santo ( Wolves ), Darren Moore, Jos Luhukay ( Sheff Wed ), Chris Powell ( Southend ), Dino Maamria ( Stevenage ), Keith Curle ( Northampton ) and now Campbell. I don't think 8 out of 92 represents the number of BAME players that have been in the game in say the last 20 years.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

According to today's " Guardian " the BAME managers are Chris Hughton, Nuno Santo ( Wolves ), Darren Moore, Jos Luhukay ( Sheff Wed ), Chris Powell ( Southend ), Dino Maamria ( Stevenage ), Keith Curle ( Northampton ) and now Campbell. I don't think 8 out of 92 represents the number of BAME players that have been in the game in say the last 20 years.

Regarding skin colour Viv Anderson is generally accepted as being the first black player to play for England. However I think if Paul Reaney of Leeds were playing today he would have been in the BAME category. He was no lighter skinned that Curle or Powell If my memory serves me well.

I didn't mean to quote myself ! Bloody Laptop, it's time I got a new one !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I had no idea Luhukay was classed as BAME. I've always thought he was an odd looking bloke but never expected him to be categorised as BAME. I wonder if he would support that categorisation or if he considers himself a Dutchman as much as Ronald Koeman and nothing else? I bet the people who invent these terms and go on about it all the time haven't asked him if he approves of the classification.

Maamria and Nuno Santo were born in African countries so how far does that get taken? Why is that any different to Pellegrini from Chile or Pochettino from Argentina? Why do they have additional attention upon them because they happen to have slightly darker skin as they hail from far away places?

What number out of 92 managers would you think is appropriate for BAME people to occupy?

The only way it can be worked out is as a percentage and proportionately.

Edited by JHRover

Just now, JHRover said:

I had no idea Luhukay was classed as BAME. I've always thought he was an odd looking bloke but never expected him to be categorised as BAME.

Maamria and Nuno Santo were born in African countries so how far does that get taken? Why is that any different to Pellegrini from Chile or Pochettino from Argentina? Why do they have additional attention upon them because they happen to have slightly darker skin as they hail from far away places?

What number out of 92 managers would you think is appropriate for BAME people to occupy?

The only way it can be worked out is as a percentage and proportionately.

I don't know the answer to that but looking at the number of BAME players in the game these days 8 seems a bit low.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't know the answer to that but looking at the number of BAME players in the game these days 8 seems a bit low.

Yes, but if say there were 28 BAME managers would that not mean that non-BAME managers were under-represented?

39 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

On Talksport last night, Darren Lewis, black journalist for the Mirror said that there has been a furore about SC being called "the derogatory term"  coloured, rather than black, how is that derogatory?  Would you call Chris Hughton black?  i would have thought that coloured would encompass anyone who wasn't IC1, or is that just me?

I'd just leave the black/coloured thing out of it and call him that entitled Knobhead 

• Like 1