BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other Football League 2018/19

Nuneaton's ground is very much a non league venue, a return to Northampton would be given the Oysten treatment and no-one would go, and the other stadium, the Butt's arena already has 3 teams playing there (Coventry RFU, Coventry United and Coventry Bears Rugby league). Coventry City's owners SISU are constantly suing the council and the Alan Higgs charity over selling their halves of the stadium to Wasps, and it gets thrown out of court each time.

What is a new factor is that I think Wasps are now having to restructure a bit and not pay big wages for top players. A whole load of their big names will leave next season, and apart from one or two coming in, the squad is far less of a dream team of high profile stars.

6 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Nuneaton's ground is very much a non league venue, a return to Northampton would be given the Oysten treatment and no-one would go, and the other stadium, the Butt's arena already has 3 teams playing there (Coventry RFU, Coventry United and Coventry Bears Rugby league). Coventry City's owners SISU are constantly suing the council and the Alan Higgs charity over selling their halves of the stadium to Wasps, and it gets thrown out of court each time.

What is a new factor is that I think Wasps are now having to restructure a bit and not pay big wages for top players. A whole load of their big names will leave next season, and apart from one or two coming in, the squad is far less of a dream team of high profile stars.

Nuneaton have plenty of their own problems so don't think Coventry moving to play there will happen

Gary Bowyer appointed Bradford manager initially until the end of the season with Andy Todd as his assistant.

They look like certainties for relegation but I wish him well and hope he pulls off the escape.

He's certainly on his way to cementing a reputation as a crisis club firefighter.

• Backroom

He actually said it!

‘We will outline our demands to the players and what is expected from them. They are going to have to work very hard, stick together and have a right good go.’

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I have a mental image of Andy Todd running around kicking the opposition's subs up the arse all game.

We could do with Andy Todd kicking our subs up the arse.

On another tack I see Keith Hill has got the black spot over at Rochdale. He'd got stale there. You can only work miracles for so long. Rochdale have defied gravity for a while.

12 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'd have Bowyer back in a New York Stadium minute. I'm even beginning to think Keith Hill might be better than what we've got.

#oneofourown

A very good coach and good at fixing broken toys. When you look at the cast offs he made good at Rochdale he must have something. He has the habit of getting on peoples nerves though. Living in Rochdale I follow them closely and he's been a bit Mowbrayesque lately. Chopping and changing the team and playing players out of position.

I'd had enough of Bowyer though, when you've been around football a while you get to smell relegation in a team and his team ended up smelling of it. Our lot at the moment have a similar smell.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Stanley have been dropping like a stone. Last time I checked they were top 6. They aren't far off a relegation spot now. My guess is the league has caught up with them. It's a big jump from League 2 for a club with their budget.

I also saw that Paul Scholes is yet to win a game as Oldham manager. They've conceded last minute goals in all of his 4 games in charge.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Stanley took another big step to safety last night but still only 4 points off the bottom 4 but with a game in hand. Big match against Rochdale on Saturday. A couple of wins should be enough for them.

Everyone from 10th down could realistically be in trouble in League One, madness.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Scholes has resigned from Oldham already :lol: 31 days. 

I'm sure his reasons are legitimate. Simply because it's hard to believe someone could be worse than Dunn as a manager. 

Edited by Vinjay17