BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Seriously people need to calm down and think first before anyone is even thinking of getting rid of Mowbray. A mid table finish this season is a good season for us. How a messageboard can change in 3 games and its like vultures have come out of the woodwork again. Its almost like people have been waiting for Mowbray fail. Shocking poor

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Last night we went to a 3-5-2 in the second half. The gaps between the back three were alarming.

I know. I was there. But we were chasing the game

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Husky said:

Good idea, let's get Tony to give him the cursed Tombola back.

Rovers made four changes, two of those enforced, and made another half-time alteration as Derrick Williams replaced Danny Graham. “And there might be another four at the weekend until we get it right" - Mowbray after last nights defeat.

ToMo has brought his ToMbola. It's much bigger than Sir Gary's. 

6 hours ago, Butty said:

That squad is better than our current squad on paper.

And it will finish a lot higher than Mowbray's team

6 hours ago, Butty said:

If Gestede and Rhodes were up against our defence the way we are currently playing, with Marshall and Conway delivering they’d have a field day!

That's because Bowyer had a plan. Buy Conway and Gestede for less than £300k and then let one fire the bullets for the other. What is Mowbray's plan with his scattergun approach to signings? 

6 hours ago, Butty said:

Bowyer should have got us into the play offs with the squad he had,

You mean the squad he built with peanuts? He spent less than BB cost in his whole time as manager. 

I'd have Bowyer back in a heartbeat. 

Edited by blueboy3333

12 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Rovers made four changes, two of those enforced, and made another half-time alteration as Derrick Williams replaced Danny Graham. “And there might be another four at the weekend until we get it right" - Mowbray after last nights defeat.

ToMo has brought his ToMbola. It's much bigger than Sir Gary's. 

I read a stat last night that weve used 10 different back line variations in 19 matches. Add in the chopping and changing of our ‘front wide men’, Graham and the false 9’s, and it’s little bloody wonder we can’t put any consistency together. He’s going to obviously shuffle the pack again this weekend, and rightly so to an extent, but we cannot keep making 3-5 changes every week - no successful Championship side does it, so we’re not going to buck that trend anytime soon.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seriously people need to calm down and think first before anyone is even thinking of getting rid of Mowbray. A mid table finish this season is a good season for us. How a messageboard can change in 3 games and its like vultures have come out of the woodwork again. Its almost like people have been waiting for Mowbray fail. Shocking poor

I know. I was there. But we were chasing the game

At one down we weren't actually chasing the game. I think he changed it to try and stop the big diagonals into our box where Vaughan was absolutely bullying our defence. But quite simply it didn't work.

Just now, arbitro said:

At one down we weren't actually chasing the game. I think he changed it to try and stop the big diagonals into our box where Vaughan was absolutely bullying our defence. But quite simply it didn't work.

Nothing work at all. 

Our attacking play were pathetic. Couldnt string 3 passes together. Defensively poor

We need Rothwell, Conway and Palmer to start the next game for me. Brereton has to start aswell. 

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

All managers have a shelf life at a club.   Once the team starts back pedalling, it takes a massive effort and rethink to turn it round.  We've seen it with Souness, Bowyer etc.  

TM is at that point.  It's clear now that our season aim has got to be staying up.  Anything more is not acheivable with the current squad.   Now I'm in two minds. 

I'd give him the Janary transfer window to have a shuffle and address some glaring failings and hold off on contract talks.    If he doesnt make changes, then he clearly can't see what the majority of people can and needs to go. 

He has a history of doing well initially, then the wheels falling off.  Probably because he starts over thinking things the longer he is there.

Think your point about shelf life is spot on.

I would not give Mowbray any more money.  Think he's had more than enough (signings and improved contracts) and not used it wisely.

The Brereton signing looks more absurd by the day and he should really be taken to task over this.  He's either dropped a real clanger (so why trust the guy in the market anymore) or it wasn't his signing and, if that's the case, as a purported man of principle and honesty, he should walk away.

We are in real danger now, especially in light of our next few games. of being exactly where we were when Mowbray walked through the door almost two years ago to replace Owen.  Last night's display was as bad as anything I saw under either Kean or Owen.  

In a nutshell, it could therefore be said we've stagnated for the last two years.

I

Edited by Mercer

7 hours ago, Butty said:

Bowyer had Rhodes and Gestede firing 20 goals EACH and couldn’t get us into the playoffs. Cairney, a younger Conway, Marshall, Hanley,Duffy, Josh King.. That squad is better than our current squad on paper. If Gestede and Rhodes were up against our defence the way we are currently playing, with Marshall and Conway delivering they’d have a field day! We looked sooo shaky from corners and set pieces tonight. We are relying solely on Graham and Dack, do you think graham for all he offers is going to score twenty a season? No chance. We’ve just come up from league one man, bar our recent bad run and worst performance of the Mowbray era tonight, If you’d have been shown the league table as it now going in to December prior to the season starting you’d have more than taken it... Bowyer should have got us into the play offs with the squad he had, our squad as it is, is mid table at best and as that is currently where we are, you can’t really say TM is underachieving. However, should this run continue we could be talking a lot different come the new year. The performance tonight was a disgrace and if we don’t see a response Saturday i’ll be worried. 

If this bad run is merely a blip and we recover, then you have a point. What worries me though is how TM never seems to learn from his mistakes.

Many games you just have to look at the line-up to know we will struggle. Everyone sees it but him.

Then, irrespective of the result, he does it again next week.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Chaddy has bastardised and demeaned the 'laughter' button yet again for the upteenth time and been allowed to do so.

I am tired of this irritating shit.

Its different when some people did it to me didnt hear you say owt then? Quite remarkable  

I remove it if you want but Mercerman post is embarrassing

37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

How did Rodwell play? 

Generally poor. Him and Mulgrew just couldn't handle the physicality of Vaughan and the running in behind of Windass. In the second half he looked really uncomfortable in an three as did Mulgrew and Williams.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Its different when some people did it to me didnt hear you say owt then? Quite remnarkable  

No I do not ask you remove it.

You are forced to use it due to lack of an alternative.

There are plenty of emoji that the MB could make available  for such use.

At the moment the use of the laughter button by anyone makes me question why it has been used. That should not be a question.

• Like 1

Do not get the Rodwell thing one bit. The bloke is an accomplished midfielder, who due to his size can put himself about as well.

Put him in there with the tenacious Reed and I think you’ve got a proper engine room for this level. 

But instead, due to this misplaced loyalty to certain members of a team that strolled through a tinpot division, we have the spectacle of a poor midfield, Reed out wide and Rodwell at centre half! That’s without getting stared on the striker issue.

No wonder the wheels are falling off...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Its different when some people did it to me didnt hear you say owt then? Quite remarkable  

I think the truth is if Mercer said black you would say white as you seem to have a dislike of him. Add him to to your ignore list and solve the problem.

• Like 1

There's problems in every area of the pitch, bar possibly GK.

The full backs look atrocious. I lost count how many times last night Nyambe and Bell had long balls played to them and they either went out for throw ins or they needed about 4 touches to control it during which a Wigan player would win it off them. Williams has been embarrassing. CBs (or should I say CMs playing at CB) caught out too often. Midfield is just a complete and utter mess. The only one who should probably be playing in the position he did at this level is Corry Evans, who at least has shown himself to be a capable Championship central midfield player, but then with him we get round to his fitness and his disappearing act for the Preston game which was very odd. Smallwood isn't good enough. The wide positions are the most puzzling piece of the jigsaw. Armstrong, Reed, Conway, Bennett tombola and none are effective in those positions. Up front Danny Graham picks himself when fit but clearly has injury issues and the result seems to be a lottery of trying different things and hoping one works.

This is why the reaction and concern - not because we've lost a couple of games but because we've been so poor and the team from back to front just looks like a complete and utter confused mess, like they don't know each other and like the manager doesn't have a clue how to best use what he has at his disposal.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 4

Around 8 thousand fans have gone to the last two away games in the space of a few days, that's a big deal for Rovers we aren't Leeds. Being  rewarded with confusing selections and tactics and two gutless displays by virtually the whole team they deserve better, not the results loses happen to decent sides but the whole manner of everything else.

Not good enough despite stepping up a league there isn't 7 goals to 2 difference between the likes of our lot and Wigan and if you look at players contracts I bet there's plenty daylight between what most of our lot are on and the others.

If Tony wants to play his tombola every week I suggest he goes to the nearest fair or whatever but get back to a settled team and formation he isn't confusing  the opposition he's confusing his own players. Weed out ALL underperformers and have a word with them whoever they are and present them with the option of the bench if they don't buck up.

Lose at home in a similar fashion and a roasting from the terraces like the Doncaster game might be coming, that didn't do them any harm. Lots have been rewarded with shiny new contracts now though after promotion from a league they shouldn't have ended up dumping us in anyway and all this seasons bar seems set at is to plod to safety, dangerous mixture that, a comfort zone being created in place of ambition.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Batman. said:

Are people really calling for Mowbray's head? The fickle nature of the modern football fan never ceases to amaze me.

Don't think I've read a single comment suggesting Mowbray should be sacked. I'll be the first to say that if this garbage continues over the coming weeks and months then he should be.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Chaddy has bastardised and demeaned the 'laughter' button yet again for the upteenth time and been allowed to do so.

I am tired of this irritating shit.

It's not only him that does that in fairness, but hopefully now people can see why we wanted rid of it.....

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

No I do not ask you remove it.

You are forced to use it due to lack of an alternative.

There are plenty of emoji that the MB could make available  for such use.

At the moment the use of the laughter button by anyone makes me question why it has been used. That should not be a question.

I was very tempted to use the Laughter button for Chaddy's " Vultures coming out of the woodwork " simile. The mental image really cracked me up.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, Batman. said:

Are people really calling for Mowbray's head? The fickle nature of the modern football fan never ceases to amaze me.

Have a look through the thread, I haven't seen a single post saying so......

The only posts have been suggesting that things need to improve, or that if things continue this way then Mowbray's position will be under review.

Only like at any other football club on the planet to be fair.

• Like 2