arbitro

Championship season 2019-20

Just now, philipl said:

Charlton have bthe worst form bar Barnsley currently and will need to buy well in January to survive

Will their new owners promise them a 50 million warchest?

47 minutes ago, DE. said:

Seems like a matter of time until Stoke overtake Luton, at which point I think the bottom three of Luton/Wigan/Barnsley will be pretty much set for the rest of the season. Luton and Barnsley especially are well short of what's needed to survive, whilst Wigan will (imo) need a change of manager to stay up. 

My way of seeing it although given Luton beat Wigan and have had a couple of wins of late perhaps they are more likely to survive of the two? Don't think Boro or Reading are totally safe either. 

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Didn’t know where to put this but it’s brightened up my day 😀😀

AB729998-D33B-4179-BBA3-EE6752327544.png

Awwww, diddums. What a prick.

So PNE had a run of 4 defeats and yet still sit in 3rd, whilst Forest, Bristol City and Fulham (I think) have all struggled of late.  I think this shows that all teams are going to go on good and bad runs in this division. The challenge is keeping the bad ones short and maximising the good ones. In this respect am not sure the break comes at a good time for Rovers. 

Millwall being top half is very impressive and they're sneakily climbing the table. At the bottom the bottom teams playing each other all drew and.won't be encouraged to see Barnsley win. This championship is rediculously competitive! 

WBA and Leeds are essentially already promoted and have the top two spots locked, but below that is wide open. A lot of very average teams in the division this season which gives us a great chance to seriously challenge for a playoff spot. 

On 09/12/2019 at 21:05, OnePhilT said:

Looking ahead a couple of weeks and I really hope we can stick the final nail into the coffin of Hannibal Lecter's uglier Dingle brother by hammering the pie eaters. That would be some Christmas gift. It looks like he's hanging by a thread. Just a bit longer now, Cookie!

On 09/12/2019 at 21:13, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm amazed he's still there now. He's been under pressure for a while and that was before losing to Reading & Luton in the space of a week! They've got WBA tomorrow so they might just beat us to it.

Admiral - it's on!

2 hours ago, DE. said:

WBA and Leeds are essentially already promoted and have the top two spots locked, but below that is wide open. A lot of very average teams in the division this season which gives us a great chance to seriously challenge for a playoff spot. 

I wouldn't be so sure on Leeds. Could see a collapse there. 

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Everyone thought the same last season with Leeds. Look what happened then

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

So PNE had a run of 4 defeats and yet still sit in 3rd, whilst Forest, Bristol City and Fulham (I think) have all struggled of late.  I think this shows that all teams are going to go on good and bad runs in this division. The challenge is keeping the bad ones short and maximising the good ones. In this respect am not sure the break comes at a good time for Rovers. 

Millwall being top half is very impressive and they're sneakily climbing the table. At the bottom the bottom teams playing each other all drew and.won't be encouraged to see Barnsley win. This championship is rediculously competitive! 

Rowett got them playing very well

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Everyone thought the same last season with Leeds. Look what happened then

This time last year they were 6 points clear of 3rd, this season they're 10 points clear. There's no Sheffield Utd on their heels this year. As much as I'd love to believe they'll collapse and lose out again, I really don't see it this time. With that said they were 3-0 up against Cardiff today and conspired to draw 3-3, so who knows. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't be so sure on Leeds. Could see a collapse there. 

Could happen but I doubt it this time. Obviously I hope so as Leeds post-Xmas collapses are one of the highlights of any season.

Just now, DE. said:

This time last year they were 6 points clear of 3rd, this season they're 10 points clear. There's no Sheffield Utd on their heels this year. As much as I'd love to believe they'll collapse and lose out again, I really don't see it this time. With that said they were 3-0 up against Cardiff today and conspired to draw 3-3, so who knows. 

I can the same thing happening again as last season as the season goes on they pick up injuries and players get tired

29 minutes ago, DE. said:

We are Sheffield United. I wish. 

It's a pity the front 2 are so far ahead. Means getting into the play offs will be even more of a battle. Then after all that,it can still be a lottery. 

Just had a watch of our boy Jordan's hat-trick today. First and third goals were very good. First goal in particular was the type of goal you associate with him, instinctive finish right in the corner. 

Wednesday proper up and running too. 

Could see the play-off teams being 

Wednesday 

Preston

Us

Millwall

I could really do with the pack going for the top 6 thinning out a tad. Not good for the nerves. 

We are really on the cusp now. A couple of wins and I reckon we will be 3rd on January first. Poor results and we could be 12th. It's ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, frosty said:

Just had a watch of our boy Jordan's hat-trick today. First and third goals were very good. First goal in particular was the type of goal you associate with him, instinctive finish right in the corner. 

First time in a while that he's looked like the player he was when he played for us. Incredible how his career has spiralled downwards since he left, although his bank balance certainly hasn't. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Could happen but I doubt it this time. Obviously I hope so as Leeds post-Xmas collapses are one of the highlights of any season.

Even my wife who isn't a football fan knows Leeds always bottle it! HTap on a clip to paste it in the text box.That said I agree this time barring some spectacular event causing upheval/disturbance I think Leeds will get promoted. 

Looking at where Derby are, I'd have thought that Cocu would be on thin ice, now. A quick look at their message board, and their fans seem to think it'll be a long-term project with him. It won't of these results keep up! Beginning to wonder if Derby could even afford to sack him.

Woodgate must also be on the verge at 'Boro, too. 

Think Leeds are safely going up this season, got some really tidy players and a decent manager , to be honest I don’t have the Leeds hate, they are a prem team in my eyes , remind me of better times for ourselves as well. If I could handpick teams to go up apart from ourselves it would be Leeds, Wednesday and forest but looks like wba will kaibosh that sadly but I’m a fan of bilic. 
I don’t think we will get up this season if I’m honest, I think we would freeze in the play offs but getting in would be an achievement and a massive platform to build on 

58 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Looking at where Derby are, I'd have thought that Cocu would be on thin ice, now. A quick look at their message board, and their fans seem to think it'll be a long-term project with him. It won't of these results keep up! Beginning to wonder if Derby could even afford to sack him.

Woodgate must also be on the verge at 'Boro, too. 

I’m pretty sure that Derby are viewing this season as rebuilding just like Boro are and in the first instance were amazed that they could attract Cocu. Gibson desperately wants Woodgate to succeed and is prepared to give him time for which you’ve got to applaud him. Last season both clubs were up there and I think next season they will be too. 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wednesday proper up and running too. 

Could see the play-off teams being 

Wednesday 

Preston

Us

Millwall

I’ll take that, would be in with a shout.

On 11/12/2019 at 16:30, Butty said:

Didn’t know where to put this but it’s brightened up my day 😀😀

AB729998-D33B-4179-BBA3-EE6752327544.png

Can't stand that man. Has the audacity to call out players for not putting a shift in when he stole a wage from us.