BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] King leaves for Bournemouth

We don't have an issue with scoring goals it's the other end where we have problems. A tough tackling midfielder and an equally good defender and we could then potentially aim for promotion (if Rhodes and Gestede stay)

My rationale says it's pretty sure we will have soon.

Absolute bunkum Neal, we can't keep paying a sprinter with little football nouse the wages he's getting in the hope he'll turn into a footballer.

Didn't you say the same about Rochina?

The guys been here over 2yrs, how many good games has he had? And don't tell me he never got a chance because he's played about 100 games for the club I would have thought.

Good riddance.

A poor player.

the corner flag .ball boys and the plastic seats will be happy.

Now should I take note of Gav, Abbey and PB or should I take note of Eddie Howe's judgement? It's a tough one.

We will rarely rarely play teams in the Championship who do this, which is part of the reason King hasn't been of any use to us. If he can stay fit at Bournemouth he may benefit them when they're playing the top 8 or so in the PL, who will push Bournemouth back into their own half.

You are having a laugh :lol: .... right? :huh:

However questions need to be asked of Bowyer on why he was suddenly worth a new contract , but not deemed a regular starter since his arrival

You were the one who said that the team was picked in Pune. Better ask someone there eh?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A proven good progressive manager rates him well enough to find a place for him in his newly promoted Premier league squad. Enough to give him a 3 yr contract in view of his age and potential. He's a player that has some qualities and potential and will likely be replaced by someone with NO quality or potential.

If the compensation money goes towards paying off Best then that could be viewed as a step in the right direction getting his huge wedge off the books and maybe allowing us to hold on to one of the strikers. Hopefully the replacements for those two would be a couple of decent loans. Bowyer has been quite good on loans or when he has a couple of hundred grand to spend. His free transfers are usually really pants.

Now should I take note of Gav, Abbey and PB or should I take note of Eddie Howe's judgement? It's a tough one.

Well we've got Fergie on our side to, he thought he was rubbish, so you'd probably be better with us I'd say.

From a week ago

The King is dead, long live the king.

I'm so torn when it comes to Joshua King I really can't make my mind up on whether him leaving would be the travesty it appears on the surface.

Firstly, do I think he's a Premier League striker? No

Therefore if he thinks he can be the pacy striker for a lower/mid table Premier League team over the likes of Jamie Vardy, Yannick Bolasie, Sadio Berahino etc I think he'll quickly be found out.

Looking at his Rovers statistics

36 starts

26 sub appearances

5 league goals

3 cup goals

7 league assists

1 cup assist

TOTAL

62 Appearances, 8 Goals, 8 Assists.

For comparisons sake, Rudy Gestede in one and a half seasons

66 Appearances, 35 Goals, 9 Assists.

Of course it would be naive to look at statistics alone, and his performances against Swansea and Stoke were fantastic, BUT these are one off games. 2 good games in 62 doesn't make you a world beater.

In fact I'd argue outside of those two games and a stretch at the start of the 2013/14 campaign, Bolton at home springs to mind, he's been average to poor in most games. Poor decision making, poor final ball.

Even the most optimistic of fans however can't argue with this brutal fact.

August - October - Unused or substitute in games, arguments that Bowyer didn't want to pick him, but......

October 25th - December 20th - INJURED

Stoke - 3 goals, wonderful performance.

10 days later

Norwich - In an effort to protect him from injury, and after a lengthy warm up during half time. King lasts 2 minutes before yet more hamstring issues.

From 24th February - 25th April - INJURED

Missing a total of 21 games (that includes the Cup matches vs Liverpool) BUT is nearly half of a season!!

I'm so undecided, potential yes, but with wages and registered players at a premium can we survive having a player unavailable for half the season on our books?

I'll be relatively happy if he stays, but if he doesn't we may have dodged a bullet.

After todays news I stand by my thoughts. Junior Hoilett mk2?

• Backroom

You are having a laugh :lol: .... right? :huh:

How many teams set up against us in the same way Stoke and Swansea did?

Most teams in the Championship play a congested, defensive game. It's part of the reason we were able to pick up as many points as we did, despite our own dull style of play.

Goals in this league mostly come from poor defending, rather than a swashbuckling playing style where teams press forward and hold a high line. The reason we end up stuck in our own half so often is because we sit back and allow teams to come at us, and generally have no pace to counter even when we do get the ball. We'd rather lump it up hopelessly to Gestede or Rhodes and hope for the best.

King would have been most effective in the last twenty minutes or so of games, when legs are going and his pace could do some damage. Unfortunately we rarely used him in this role, even when he was fit. Only Bowyer knows why that is. We'd rather throw Chris Brown on and continue pumping it up the pitch.

In saying that, I'm pretty sure King had no desire to sit on the bench in the majority of games for us. In fact I'm sure I remember him or his agent saying as much. As a result he was likely to leave one way or the other. Good luck to him in the PL. If he manages to stay fit and hugely improves his composure in front of goal he could be an asset to Bournemouth, particularly against the better teams in the division.

How many teams set up against us in the same way Stoke and Swansea did?

Most teams in the Championship play a congested, defensive game. It's part of the reason we were able to pick up as many points as we did, despite our own dull style of play.

Goals in this league mostly come from poor defending, rather than a swashbuckling playing style where teams press forward and hold a high line. The reason we end up stuck in our own half so often is because we sit back and allow teams to come at us, and generally have no pace to counter even when we do get the ball. We'd rather lump it up hopelessly to Gestede or Rhodes and hope for the best.

King would have been most effective in the last twenty minutes or so of games, when legs are going and his pace could do some damage. Unfortunately we rarely used him in this role, even when he was fit. Only Bowyer knows why that is. We'd rather throw Chris Brown on and continue pumping it up the pitch.

In saying that, I'm pretty sure King had no desire to sit on the bench in the majority of games for us. In fact I'm sure I remember him or his agent saying as much. As a result he was likely to leave one way or the other. Good luck to him in the PL. If he manages to stay fit and hugely improves his composure in front of goal he could be an asset to Bournemouth, particularly against the better teams in the division.

We are where we are, selling club, commensurate with our dwindling stature in the nature of English footy. Only one reason, but we've been there so many times.......Gazza off to loonland soon, come back brimming with ideas and a ringing endorsement of his stability. King, did reet int cup, when it came tut league he wur usually sh*te. Not bothered to be honest.

If the 5,900 fans who turned up for Rovers v Swansea on January 24th had seen the odds on result rather than the surprise result, then this thread wouldn't even exist. Because either he wouldn't have got a move, or if he had nobody would have cared less.

How can one blistering hattrick (against a Stoke team who got their defensive tactics all wrong, and didn't alter them when this was obvious to everyone in the ground) turn a serial underperformer into the departing hero?

The following game away at Cardiff was the sort of game where King should have been the star attraction and made his pace count against lacklustre opposition, but he was the worst player on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

I'm afraid we will probably lose far more useful players than Josh King before the summer is out.

Time will tell with this one. If he'd left last Christmas I would not have been bothered. Final product woeful, lack of interest, abysmal injury record.

Since Christmas (probably with finding a new club in mind) he has improved a lot. Great hatrick and a general improvement in attitude. Also seems to have bulked up. Still would relapse into disinterest, ineffectiveness and the physio table.

I would have liked us to keep him. Will watch his career with Bournemouth with interest. If he can stay fit, keep his attitude right and improve his finishing/final ball I think he will make a potent premier league player.

The issue is he has had problems in all three of those areas and never been able to adress them for three games in a row (let alone a seasom), so as said, time will tell.

Time will tell with this one. If he'd left last Christmas I would not have been bothered. Final product woeful, lack of interest, abysmal injury record.

Since Christmas (probably with finding a new club in mind) he has improved a lot. Great hatrick and a general improvement in attitude. Also seems to have bulked up. Still would relapse into disinterest, ineffectiveness and the physio table.

I would have liked us to keep him. Will watch his career with Bournemouth with interest. If he can stay fit, keep his attitude right and improve his finishing/final ball I think he will make a potent premier league player.

The issue is he has had problems in all three of those areas and never been able to adress them for three games in a row (let alone a seasom), so as said, time will tell.

I don't think you can argue with this statement, I too will watch his progress with interest. If he can improve his final product and more importantly his injury record he could go on to have a very good career at the top level, in my opinion it is a massive IF.

He added: “The main reason I came here was because of the manager.

“I’ve seen what he’s done with the squad here. I’ve watched a couple of games during the season, and the football Bournemouth play suits me very well I think

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/12978574.Outgoing_striker_Josh_King_hits_out_at_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac

speaks volumes .

• Backroom

If the 5,900 fans who turned up for Rovers v Swansea on January 24th had seen the odds on result rather than the surprise result, then this thread wouldn't even exist. Because either he wouldn't have got a move, or if he had nobody would have cared less.

How can one blistering hattrick (against a Stoke team who got their defensive tactics all wrong, and didn't alter them when this was obvious to everyone in the ground) turn a serial underperformer into the departing hero?

The following game away at Cardiff was the sort of game where King should have been the star attraction and made his pace count against lacklustre opposition, but he was the worst player on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

I'm afraid we will probably lose far more useful players than Josh King before the summer is out.

He was our best player fora a run of games at the end of the season before last when he got a run in the team, opposition couldn't handle him.

His sloppiness and inconsistency isn't up for debate but he gave us an option we simply don't have.

Rhodes and King or Rhodes and Brown? Rhodes and King every single time for me.

Looking forward to Howe's first use of the nickname Kingy?

I wonder if Howe could also do with an over promoted cone collector with more airmiles than Sir Alex had league points? Hmmm

Harsh words that reflect far more on you than they do on bowyer. We finished 9th not bottom 3.

Why does brfc attract so many unreasonable critics?

He signed him in the first place, so probably doesn't think he's rubbish. Plenty of players have not made it at Utd only to carve very good careers elsewhere.

Ferguson had him for four years and its not as though he even resembled a footballer when he arrived.

Playing him and other players in a 4:5:1 and in their best positions helped. I feel our preference for 4:4:2 was put in place to suit our best finisher rather than our best striker and the talents within the rest of the squad. From my perspective 4:4:2 suited the talents of none of our players other than Jordan Rhodes. Maybe there is an 'I' in the team.

9th Gord ,I nearly spat brew out. They have brainwashed you pal somewhere along the line. Is it reversible ?

Abbey..... I very much doubt that you'll see us in 9th this season ...or indeed for quite some time. Have another brew whilst you ponder that.

Playing him and other players in a 4:5:1 and in their best positions helped. I feel our preference for 4:4:2 was put in place to suit our best finisher rather than our best striker and the talents within the rest of the squad. From my perspective 4:4:2 suited the talents of none of our players other than Jordan Rhodes. Maybe there is an 'I' in the team.

I would play 4-2-3-1 formation with Rhodes up front with either Marshall or Cairney in the hole behind.

Or 4-4-2 with Brown and Rhodes with Marshall, Cairney, Lowe, Conway as the midfield 4

I would play 4-2-3-1 formation with Rhodes up front with either Marshall or Cairney in the hole behind.

Or 4-4-2 with Brown and Rhodes with Marshall, Cairney, Lowe, Conway as the midfield 4

Chaddy, I keep asking you. But where on earth is the pace there? I thought this was the number one requirement, FFP or no FFP.

Chaddy, I keep asking you. But where on earth is the pace there? I thought this was the number one requirement, FFP or no FFP.

I was using the players from our current playing squad. I will readjust my line up if we sign some pacey players

Abbey..... I very much doubt that you'll see us in 9th this season ...or indeed for quite some time. Have another brew whilst you ponder that.

I prefer the old you that hated venkys . L2 is sounding in the distance whilst these chumps own us .

Abbey..... I very much doubt that you'll see us in 9th this season ...or indeed for quite some time.

That what happens when you employ an academy coach as manager. - unless you believe that this is our natural place and nothing we do can change that.

Archived