SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Randall for being brave enough to make a result forecast- after 8 pages of discussion, there have been precious few of those.

Ever since the NE Lancs rivals drew Leicester H in round 6, this titanic battle again became rather more than a local scrap for bragging rights. Just as April 1, 2001 had the little matter of Rovers' automatic promotion place also at stake, so March 1, 2005 has the little matter of a more than plausable semi-final place at stake.

For Prem-focussed Rovers fans, it is worth pointing out that the dingles have a decent away record- just lost five out of 17 before today in the Coca Cola can. They don't conceed many but they don't score either.

The dingles also have the exigensies of a 46 game league so they not only travelled for a draw at Derby (the soft touches of Pride Park- Derby have won twice as many games away from home than at home) but go to PNE today whilst Rovers have been soaking up the rain in Dubai. The PNE game is a corker- PNE desperately need to win to keep themselves in the play-off places whilst the dingles can wave any remaining pretensions of a play-off place good-bye if they don't win at Deepdale. PNE's surge into the top six is on the back of a lot of home wins so with a bit of luck, the dingles will be in for a lot of tenderising before Tuesday's encounter.

Of course, Rovers should win and being realistic, should win easily.

The dingles will fancy themselves on the Ewood surface- they can knock the ball about prettily- which should suit Rovers. To the extent Rovers have anything to worry about, Valois and Oster were the only real threat carried by the dingles at t'Turf so we need Neill and Johansson/Matteo not to have the sort of nightmare games they are capable of.

Apart from that, a motivated determined Rovers will have too much for the dingles all over the park and even our goal shy lot should fashion enough chances to put one goal away.

So 1-0 to the Rovers in ordinary time. Rovers to continue the Burnley goal drought against us.

If it does go to extra time, the Hughes fitness regime/ ten day break really should count for Rovers. If it goes to penalties, Burnley will prevail.

I'm quietly confident that we will win this game.

I'm not making excuses for the result against Burnley at Turf Moor, but I think the pitch is the big difference.

On Tuesday, we have to set the pace of the game to how it suit us. We can pass it about on the pitch, our fitness is better than ours, we haven't played a game since the game at Turf, they have played two.

At home, hopefully a sell out crowd, to really get behind the team, with our style at play, especially at home, I'd be less confident if the replay was at Burnley but isn't.

If it goes to Extra Time, which I hope it doesn't, our fitness should take over.

Rovers 3 - 0 Burnley

The pain ends on Tuesday.

May be without Sinclair and McGreal and we will miss them.However our back four should still have enough to contain your powder puff strikers.No chance of seeing your enormous condoms inflated five times this game.

Where are we going to get the winner from?Obviously we do not score many,just look at our goals for goals against.Valois,Moore, Branch who knows maybe a last minute own goal from Lily ---that would be nice.

Wovers 0 Burnley 1 after 90 mins.

Time to get going we have an appointment at Deepdale.

UTC biggrin.gif

what utter crap Zak, a bit like your Emmerdale programme !!!

2-0 Rovers I am afraid (for you that is) tinykit.giftinykit.gif

thats just after the nobenders put 3 past you just for good measure.

And finally, 2560 tickets for a local derby latch at nobenders ? wots all that about then ? laugh.gif

And finally, 2560 tickets for a local derby latch at nobenders ? wots all that about then ? laugh.gif

....well....errm its only about 800 less than you brought to us in 2000, after the 17 year wait zzzzzzzzz.

Excellent to see the 7000 at yours snapped us so quick....shame hardly any went past the season ticket holders....but...where there's a will...there's a way wink.gif

he cant possibly answer that one as he is going to the game !!

oh wait on he is not going to the match, he is making the tea !

they didnt sell all their tickets for nobenders and apart from their own website I have not seen anywhere else that reports all 7k tickets sold for Ewood.

tinykit.gif

rover.gif and your excuse for todays non attendance tinykit.gif

....oh, and the Radio Lancashire commentator has just quoted the Deepdale crowd safety officer " that at close of play yesterday, Burnley had sold 3100 tickets..."

Seems you lot are up to your creative accounting again...

Oh, and as to my non attendance..... I live in continental Europe Waggy. I think three return trips in a week would have been a little OTT...eh...

how have you heard radio Lancs in deepest outer mongolia or even continental europe ?

tinykit.gif

...deary me...I know you're a bit behind in Blackburrrrn. But have you not heard of t'internet????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/radiolancashire/

then select listen live.... they have the build up, but dont have the right to give live commentary during the game on't t'internet....

Anyway...I am off for tea

Busy today original Longsider. You bored or what? Tuesday coming up fast, not many goals I'm sure. Good turnout for you but I sense the buzz is cos you are feeling pretty confident of beating us after Sunday and no clarrot in his right mind would want to miss such an historic occasion.

BTW, well done coming on here under your regular handle, close to anyway. We have one or two clarrot visitors on here using different handles than they do on their own board and they are acting all holier than thou. But USABlue knows better. You always did shoot straight, respect for that. Hey them white gloves that nut was wearing would have gone with the Lee's heh? biggrin.gif

Of course, Rovers should win and being realistic, should win easily.

Apart from that, a motivated determined Rovers will have too much for the dingles all over the park and even our goal shy lot should fashion enough chances to put one goal away.

So 1-0 to the Rovers in ordinary time. Rovers to continue the Burnley goal drought against us.

If it does go to extra time, the Hughes fitness regime/ ten day break really should count for Rovers. If it goes to penalties, Burnley will prevail.

You scare me, we could always come out flat too, as we often have. We need to play our game, hold the ball, let them do their headless chicken thing trying to close gaps and pass it around. I would like to see our defenders NOT make the runs into the Burleh half. Did you notice how they stayed off when Nelsen, Johansen pushed forward. They let the defender run with the ball quite deep into their half, a rather obvious ploy to try to catch them out of position with a long hoof ball, but we kept taking the bait. Hope we don't copy that this time they will eventually catch us.

Bit worried about Brad too, he had so little to do he may be a bit out of shape.

Don't know about the fitness thing either philip, Burnley players are clearly in excellent shape, very fit. I think they will have had plenty of recovery time and if anything this will cause them to be a bit sharper than us from the off.

Penalties, if we sub proper we could have a pretty good line up for the penalties, evens stevens there, who knows but with our history I don't fancy it.

Edited by USABlue