BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

Well not being an away fan at Ewood I wouldnt know this would I !!!!

This letter had been discussed on many rovers forums as the debate about standing rages on, I presume that is how most here have heard about it. I also think the club actually mentioned earlier in the season about it.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered another 5 tickets for the riverside after a 40 minute wait  thumbs-up.gif

How many you got so far Dave?

Just wondered cos going down Saturday and thought they might restrict me to 4 as the sometimes do

I've now bought 10 in total.

4 seems a bit harsh if you've got decent history??!

Just ordered another 5 tickets for the riverside after a 40 minute wait  thumbs-up.gif

How many you got so far Dave?

Just wondered cos going down Saturday and thought they might restrict me to 4 as the sometimes do

I've now bought 10 in total.

4 seems a bit harsh if you've got decent history??!

Ive got a very good history, this season being the worst for games attended to be honest.

I remember last time we played @#/?s I just about got 4

If can get 10 then thats going to be good

cheers

Just found out that it's not being shown on tv, sorry if it's been mentioned, which really isn't good as that means I'll be stuck with the usual internet commentary.

Been mentioned Eddie? It's been on the front page of the bloody site for two days biggrin.gif

And I'll be stuck with the internet commentary, at work.

I'm pretty happy with the ko time.

Up at 6.30am and get the game in before work.

Much better than trying to stay awake until 12.30 am and beyond. biggrin.gif

.....and they do NOT expect to shift 7,000 tickets.

Apparently Rovers ensured that we allocated Burnley more tickets than they could sell so that there would be no chance of Dingles trying to buy tickets in the other 3 stands.

Well they`ve sold nearly half of them in 1 day.

And they have gone on open sale to season ticket holders, shareholders and foundation members, which i`m presuming is a lot of people. I think they are going to sell out this time.

.....and they do NOT expect to shift 7,000 tickets.

Apparently Rovers ensured that we allocated Burnley more tickets than they could sell so that there would be no chance of Dingles trying to buy tickets in the other 3 stands.

Well they`ve sold nearly half of them in 1 day.

And they have gone on open sale to season ticket holders, shareholders and foundation members, which i`m presuming is a lot of people. I think they are going to sell out this time.

source?

I hope that most people are planning to go down to Ewood to buy their tickets. The phone lines are processing callers at the rate of 40 an hour. Assuming each caller is after 2 tickets on average and the office is open 8 hrs a day that means they are only shifting 640 tickets a day by this method. It would take over a month to sell all the tickets by phone alone! blink.gif

According to the official site they have sold the upper tier - which doesn't equate to 50% - more like 40%.

However - the rush by Dingles keen to be able to run on a pitch that doesn't give way under foot must be very attractive. I reckon that Dingle that ran on the pitch on Sunday would still be being chased now if he were on the lush green grass of Ewood biggrin.gif

Selling the first few thousand was always to be expected (indeed Rovers seem to be having a similar rush) - the interesting bit will be if the tickets continue to sell strongly.

I hope that most people are planning to go down to Ewood to buy their tickets. The phone lines are processing callers at the rate of 40 an hour. Assuming each caller is after 2 tickets on average and the office is open 8 hrs a day that means they are only shifting 640 tickets a day by this method. It would take over a month to sell all the tickets by phone alone! blink.gif

Just took me 50 minutes on the phone to go from 47 to buying. So ES is about spot on.

The lady I spoke to said the queue is STILL the length of the BBE concourse and shows no sign of easing up. I'm sorry for those in the queue but it's wonderful to see the demand from Rovers fans.

I went down to Ewood today at around 12.30, and was told by the steward that there was around an hour wait.

a lot of people down there were complaining as they only had 2 windows open!

i dont think weve a chance of selling out, purely down to the fact there is a very limited number of days to sell 22,000 tickets. sad.gif

Just got a coupla tickets in the Jack walker upper nearest the bbe. Btw, the whole of the bbe lower is now sold out, except to obviously season ticket holders who aint got their tickets yet. Ive never been in any stand but the BBE so this will be a new experience for me. What's the atmosphere like in this stand?

Guest thelongsider

just sneaked a bit of insight into the match order from Lancon.

interesting piece indicates that pockets of bumley fans found in pubs around the town centre will be moved onto the ground. Pubs are being encouraged to close doors and keep it to regulars, no bumley colours allowed in pubs.

bumley, although granted 7.5k tickets are expected to bring in around 3500-4000, the buses number was actually 50 not 150. That was a misquote indicating that to bus 7500 fans would take over 150 coaches.

bumley fans will NOT be imprisoned in the ground afterwards like we were.

rolleyes.gif

If that is the level of intelligence that Lancashire police are relying on then there could be utter chaos next week.

Burnley sold over 5000 tickets for the last visit to Ewood Park when the match kicked off at lunchtime, was on sky, sale of tickets were restricted to season ticket holders only.

Blackburn sold nearly a 1000 more tickets for the game at Turf Moor than on their last visit so do the police really believe that Burnley would take less for this game when it is cheaper than last time, not on tv, tickets can go on general sale this time round, when you consider the demand from Rovers fans this time?

Burnley will sell out the away end and Blackburn will sell out the home end.

Edited by thelongsider

Blimey, the communication problems there must be in teh Longside on match days!

"Oi! Longsider!"

"Me?"

"No, you're relatively_new_longisder_with_underscores! Fool! I want the original Lonsider!"

"Who, me?"

"No, you're the Original Lonsider! Eff's sakes! Give me the original Lonsider, small "o" in original"

"Sorry, he's not here today, had to go to podiatrist"

"Cripes, give me Likes Stella Longsider then!"

"With underscores?"

"Nooooooooooooooo, otherwise I would've said!"

Just got a coupla tickets in the Jack walker upper nearest the bbe. Btw, the whole of the bbe lower is now sold out, except to obviously season ticket holders who aint got their tickets yet. Ive never been in any stand but the BBE so this will be a new experience for me. What's the atmosphere like in this stand?

I made the mistake of sitting in the Jack walker stand once . Fantastic view of the game but no atmosphere at all !!! People just seem to sit there like they were at a tennis match, aplaud go hmm a lot then leave . No singing or cheering . Good view though

This is because of the bovril brigade and the fact that a lot of families go in the JW. Personally I think a lot of bbe regulars will be forced into the jw stand due to demand outstriping supply. Hopefully this will mean that we'll be able to generate some sort of atmosphere without looking like a complete pratt as you start up a song only to be greeted with silence.

It's soometimes worse than a doctors waiting room.

Just took me 50 minutes on the phone to go from 47 to buying. So ES is about spot on.

No wait...that is spot on if there is only one queue but if there is actually telephone queues to each operator that is more like it. If it is only taking a minute or two each customer and they have, say, ten people manning the phones (admittedly unlikely if they only managed to have two windows up for those on feet) then they could really shift some. If they were only selling 640 tickets a day we wouldn't sell out until the next time we played them!

Oh no wait...that'll probably be about 2025 or something stupid...we would have sold out way before then! biggrin.gif

No Nay No Never...at least after next week anyway!

Edited by FourLaneBlue