SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, questioned wether it would be a sell out, early indications seem to be to the contrary but its early days yet, but come on my town Blackburners make me proud.

As for the atmosphere in the Jack Walker stand, its up to you the individual to create ....the atmosphere i.e you lead in the singing just make it appropriate, in tune, in time and you'll find the normally placid, quiet Jack Walker stand people will follow, as they will be up for this like no other game before, but due to their normal stiff upper lip brigade mustnt be seen to do anything out of the norm in case somebody important is watching me - they will definitely need prompting.

Got 5 tickets for Riverside at 5.10 pm today after a 40 minute wait.Full Marks there were 10 windows open!!

the queue was 2/3 rds down blackburn end when I joined it and still there when I got to window.

Excellent service...was told by Security Chief that there was no queue at 9.15 am...this is where your granny helps.DON'T BE PUT OFF.

I sit in the J.W. stand lower.

The volume for song singing is admittedly very poor but the level for cryptic comments is much better than where I sat in the B.B.E. last home game.

You young chavsters may well be loud but you aren't half as interesting or as well informed as t' old "lads" that sit near me.

Each to their own -

.......but to all you arrogant tosslers who take greater pleasure in dissing their fellow Roverites than they do in slagging off the dingles I would ask you to at least respect all those that pay their own hard earned into the Rovers coffers ( and remember we pay more than you peasants ).

Having said that the only reason I sit where I do is that you cannot see what on Ewood is happening from behind the goal......

.........but it doesn't stop you lot boring t'airyarses off us with your post match comments does it dry.gifhuh.gifunsure.gif

Blimey, the communication problems there must be in teh Longside on match days!

"Oi! Longsider!"

"Me?"

"No, you're relatively_new_longisder_with_underscores! Fool! I want the original Lonsider!"

"Who, me?"

"No, you're the Original Lonsider! Eff's sakes! Give me the original Lonsider, small "o" in original"

"Sorry, he's not here today, had to go to podiatrist"

"Cripes, give me Likes Stella Longsider then!"

"With underscores?"

"Nooooooooooooooo, otherwise I would've said!"

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Sweet, good for you that Bryan.

Just as an option to hanging on the telephone for an hour, or queueing up for heaven knows how long.

Why don't you just post a cheque with an SAE, & your details to the ticket office?

To be honest I'm not quite sure why I'm mentioning this. If you all do it, my pain-free method of getting tickets will be exposd.

"Oi! Longsider!"

"Me?"

"No, you're relatively_new_longisder_with_underscores! Fool! I want the original Lonsider!"

"Who, me?"

"No, you're the Original Lonsider! Eff's sakes! Give me the original Lonsider, small "o" in original"

"With underscores?"

Some form of the word Longsider in user names does show a lack of originality from us Dingles.But check your own list how many people thought adding the word Blue to their place of residence was a novel idea.

Preston Blue

Accy Blue

Aberdeen Blue

Baxenden Blue

Manchester Blue

USA Blue

The list is endless.It is hardly Brain of Britain stuff----not even Brain of Blackburn

Hope the Blues and the Longsiders all turn up at Deadwood ,the place will be jammers.Oh i should add all the Zaks,Sams and Butchs. tongue.gif

"Oi! Longsider!"

"Me?"

"Who, me?"

"With underscores?"

Some form of the word Longsider in user names does show a lack of originality from us Dingles.But check your own list how many people thought adding the word Blue to their place of residence was a novel idea.

Preston Blue

Accy Blue

Aberdeen Blue

Baxenden Blue

Manchester Blue

USA Blue

The list is endless.It is hardly Brain of Britain stuff----not even Brain of Blackburn

Hope the Blues and the Longsiders all turn up at Deadwood ,the place will be jammers.Oh i should add all the Zaks,Sams and Butchs. tongue.gif

Silly Zak, Check your own messeage board for how many have clarrot in their handle.

Also who is this USA Blue you mention. Everyone knows I am USA(no space)Blue.

Edited by USABlue

Preston Blue

Accy Blue

Aberdeen Blue

Baxenden Blue

Manchester Blue

USA Blue

Hey! What about me, Dingle?

The point was when choosing a user name originality seems to be at a premium,on all message boards.Who cares about spaces or no spacers obviously you knew who i was referring to.

Why shorten "Uther Side of Accy" to USA biggrin.gif

I wonder if anyone has "Original Longsider---BurnleyClaret" might have a do at it.

Sorry Yorkshire but i did say the list was extensive

Maybe one of your Antipodean fans will ask why i did not include "Blue Blue"

Edited by Zak

REFEREE IS HARRY WEBB.

Cliff Richard is the ref ?

No, you are wrong... it is Elton John wink.gif

No, Cliff Richard was/is Harry Webb.

Elton John was/is Reg Dwight.

And to keep this to a footballing thread, his dad was Roy Dwight who played for Nottm Forest against Luton Tn in the 1959 FA cup final.

....Just got my tickets! thumbs-up.gif

I sent my "ticket bitch" to queue up for me (that`s my mate not my missus!)

We`ve got 5 seats in the Riverside, so unfortunately for the rest of the riverside you are going to have to put up with an atnosphere for once!!! wink.gif

Ooh! I`m getting very excited now!! tinykit.gif

definately should have gone in the riverside then!!

After being an Bburn ender for many many years, I now sit in the JW, and it is definately no Blackburn End!

however, wouldnt worry about it too much, for this game i think even the JW -ers will be up for it! biggrin.gif

The point was when choosing a user name originality seems to be at a premium,on all message boards.Who cares about spaces or no spacers obviously you knew who i was referring to.

Why shorten "Uther Side of Accy" to USA biggrin.gif

I wonder if anyone has "Original Longsider---BurnleyClaret" might have a do at it.

Sorry Yorkshire but i did say the list was extensive

Maybe one of your Antipodean fans will ask why i did not include "Blue Blue"

The comment was rather tongue in cheek based on Bryans comments. I would not be surprised if you "ZAK" (Zero Actual Knowledge) have clarrot in your handle on your own board.

If not for me, then for Abbeys sake, does anyone know what the pub opening arrangments are for Tuesday are, as I intend having one pint of Export before the game.

Ozz

Varies depending on the pub.

I know that Brown Cow, Ewood Arms and one or two others are definitely open, albeit with restrictions.

The concourse areas are also opening early - Id like to think that this is the clubs attempt to facilitate our beer habits. However they might put it down to "safety".