BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

Listening to the Preston fans after todays game they just confirm that Bumley are one hell of a boring and unimaginative footballing side under Cotterill.

Having said that our forwards will have to be on top form to break this dreary lot down who seem content to put 11 men behind the ball.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!! rover.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And finally, 2560 tickets for a local derby latch at nobenders ? wots all that about then ? laugh.gif

....well....errm its only about 800 less than you brought to us in 2000, after the 17 year wait zzzzzzzzz.

and the 2560 is about 1000 more than you took to Wigan - i had to entertain customers that game (on a cold midweek night), god your support was poor. 0-0, rubbbish game too. Your french left back spooned a great chance in the last minute.

It was the first time i had been to a burnley match that didnt involve the Rovers, and after years of hearing from Burnley fans about your "magnificent support", i laughed myself silly.

one Wigan fan even commented to me "its a bit different from when we played your lot (rovers)" which i believe they had the JJB's record attendance.

Our crowds can be rubbish too, but the difference is we know it. tongue.gif

And finally, 2560 tickets for a local derby latch at nobenders ? wots all that about then ? laugh.gif

....well....errm its only about 800 less than you brought to us in 2000, after the 17 year wait zzzzzzzzz.

and the 2560 is about 1000 more than you took to Wigan - i had to entertain customers that game (on a cold midweek night), god your support was poor. 0-0, rubbbish game too. Your french left back spooned a great chance in the last minute.

It was the first time i had been to a burnley match that didnt involve the Rovers, and after years of hearing from Burnley fans about your "magnificent support", i laughed myself silly.

one Wigan fan even commented to me "its a bit different from when we played your lot (rovers)" which i believe they had the JJB's record attendance.

Our crowds can be rubbish too, but the difference is we know it. tongue.gif

I actually went to Wigan in 99? Our first game at the JJB. We filled the stand behind the goal (capacity 6k approx?), so they had to open the one down the side.

Thats more than you have ever took to the JJB.... not denying your visit had a bigger overall gate....as being such a big Premiership flirting club, you were probably more of a draw to the rugby loving natives...

(smug smiley sticking tongue out)

I actually went to Wigan in 99? Our first game at the JJB. We filled the stand behind the goal (capacity 6k approx?), so they had to open the one down the side.

Thats more than you have ever took to the JJB.... not denying your visit had a bigger overall gate....as being such a big Premiership flirting club, you were probably more of a draw to the rugby loving natives...

(smug smiley sticking tongue out)

Really?

I thought the away support at the JJB was always situated down the side.

Having said that, this is getting pretty boring.

Even Roverites are on here talking about attendances. Who the hell cares?

As for you Longsider. Forget making the tea. Time to get back to bed. I suspect your sister must be getting cold.

wink.gif

A friend of mine sent me an SMS to say that the Emmerdale theme was put on 15 minutes before kick off to keep the Burnley fans feeling at home.

Great Penalty decision, all the foul was outside the box, but the ref got it right in the end by giving it, unlike the foul in a similar position on Sunday.

rover.gif this is another day the burnley fans covered themselves in glory,they did fill the end at wigan that holds 4k by the way and there was a overflow into the side,when muppets decided to charge full length of the stand to try and get at the pie eaters tinykit.gif

rover.gif this is another day the burnley fans covered themselves in glory,they did fill the end at wigan that holds 4k by the way and there was a overflow into the side,when muppets decided to charge full length of the stand to try and get at the pie eaters tinykit.gif

....more creative accounting Waggy??? If you want to be specific, the North Stand and South Stand at Wigan ( the stands at both ends) each have a capacity of 5,400. (smug smiley winking)

....more creative accounting Waggy??? If you want to be specific, the North Stand and South Stand at Wigan ( the stands at both ends) each have a capacity of 5,400. (smug smiley winking)

And your point is......

....more creative accounting Waggy???  If you want to be specific, the North Stand and South Stand at Wigan ( the stands at both ends) each have a capacity of 5,400.    (smug smiley winking)

And your point is......

Just for you because you are too lazy to follow the thread........The point is...... your lot again are making figures up, exaggerating or underestimating to suite your own ends . Something you claim Burnley fans always do.... I think you lot are far worse...... (no smiley)

I'll tell you what longsider, I dont know about you, but I'm a bit long in the tooth for all this crap.

Why dont we wish each other all the best, shake on it, and may the best team win.

My god I've started talking crap again!!

I'll tell you what longsider, I dont know about you, but I'm a bit long in the tooth for all this crap.

Why dont we wish each other all the best, shake on it, and may the best team win.

My god I've started talking crap again!!

That's fair enough ribblesdale.......although shaking hands may be taking it a little too far... biggrin.gif all the best!

morning longsider or ligat !

are you looking forward to Tuesday night ?

I take it from your appearance on here again that you neither made the derby or preston matches, are you coming to Ewood Park, the real theatre of dreams ?

We all can enjoy the banter but really everything you compare between our clubs is totally irrespective.

Bumley are nowhere near as big as Rovers.

Bumley do not have the bigger support than Rovers.

Bumley do not have better players than Rovers.

Bumley are not the best supported team away from the turd.

Bumley are in a financial crisis when compared to BRFC.

The assets of Bumley are nowhere near in comparison to those of their neighbours at Ewood.

Your ground is not even half as good as most other grounds in the Championship and only Portsmouths is as bad as yours.

I could go on but I cant really be bothered.

it all counts on Tuesday, can bumley win ? well yes they can. Rovers have a history of persistently struggling against teams from the LOWER leagues, and Bumley are indeed from a lower league.

My own view is that little Bumley can not beat Rovers on Tuesday. You on one hand have just had two difficult games away from home, 1 defeat and one loss. We on the other hand have had a training break over in Dubai.

The result will certainly do a few things.

it will stop you coming on here and giving us the shyts !

it will put you well and truly in your place !

it will confirm that bumley will have to wait a good few years more to earn a chance to beat Rovers as you will never win promotion !

it will ensure that all BRAGGING rights remain firmly at Ewood Park !

and finally

Longsider, lets get this into reality, you are gonna lose, its just a question of how many. I cant see another 5-0 demolition but then again you just never know.

bumley have found their level, a mediocre championship team who play on a mud heap, are followed by monkeys and morons and who survive only by selling their ground, their land and their prized player !

So long pal tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

By way of a light diversion, here is the erudite, insightful, mathematical genius that was the conclusion of the clarets.net preview for the PNE v dingles game yesterday:

"We are at that stage of the season where one defeat could mean the difference between play-offs and a relegation struggle come the end of the season. While we have two games in hand to most other teams, these games have to result in six points if we are to push for the play-offs. Defeat could set off a run of similar results, and while

the 6th place is 8 points away, relegation is 14 - and you never know what can happen in football.

"A win today will bring us closer to Preston, currently occupying the final play-off position. A win for Preston, and they will be even further infront of us - and making that gap a little wider.

"So, as you can see, Preston v Burnley is THE derby game that we need to concentrate on. Every league game is important if we are to make the play-offs. With Ade and Ian upfront, our only remaining problem - that of not being able to find the net enough - may be solved. So long as everyone else keeps doing their job, then play-offs aren't that distant. But we have to start winning from today!"

laugh.gif That gap is a little wider- like three points wider. thumbs-up.gif

our fitness is better than ours, we haven't played a game since the game at Turf, they have played two.

assuming you mean your fitness is better than ours you are way off there.

We have one of the fittest squads I have ever seen at the Turf and until hughes arrived your squad was frankly not upto scratch on the fitness front (at least thats what hughes said)

One thing you won't do is tire us out

0-0, Burnley to win on penalties