SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know whether the brown cow, waters edge etc are gonna be open before the game, or is it better to have a few on the ground?

according to yesterdays telegraph, a few of the ewood pubs will be shut.

Reseting the xx many days counter since burnley recorded a win over the rovers would be the hardest thing to accept.

And with gallagher up front, that is a real possibility.

sad.gif

Except I wouldn't reset it. Just like the penalty counter I'd simply remove it smile.gif

Reading the press there - seems Mark Hughes wants it all ways.

'Having castigated Burnley for failing to prevent the pitch invasions, Mark Hughes, the Blackburn manager, perhaps mellowed by the break in Dubai, insisted yesterday that there was nothing anyone could do to stop fans intent on storming the field. “If fans are going to get on the pitch then it’s difficult to stop,”'

Now its down to you to keep the fans off the pitch it seems the clubs have problems doing this - not what he said after the game.

Still lets hope for a trouble free night and a clarets victory

Reading the press there - seems Mark Hughes wants it all ways.

'Having castigated Burnley for failing to prevent the pitch invasions, Mark Hughes, the Blackburn manager, perhaps mellowed by the break in Dubai, insisted yesterday that there was nothing anyone could do to stop fans intent on storming the field. “If fans are going to get on the pitch then it’s difficult to stop,”'

Now its down to you to keep the fans off the pitch it seems the clubs have problems doing this - not what he said after the game.

Still lets hope for a trouble free night and a clarets victory

I think his main gripe was not the fans getting onto to the pitch, but the actions once they were on the pitch.

Rumour has it that ROVERS fans will be kept back in the ground for UP TO AN HOUR after the game has finished to let all the Burnley coaches and train travellers depart so bring a cushion!!

I hope we wipe the floor with the Dingle Bumley Inbred T***s tonight!!

Rovers 3 - 0 Burnley

Emerton

Gallagher

Thompson

I think Hughes was indeed more upset with the speed the stewards / police reacted at once the idiots had ran on the pitch. However Longsider has a point that, rather like Bruce in the Yorke race row, Hughes could have let the dust settle instead of airing grievences like that straight after the game which could have repurcussions on Burnley. (Not that I'd be THAT bothered about that mind you.

Celtic game was a European game which means legally no alcohol.

There's not a chance that the home fans will be kept behind. None - zero - zip.