BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

The replay is nearly here.

After a tight, scrappy game with chances few and far between at Turf, we see a replay tomorrow night.

I think the game will be a lot different, a different pitch, with both teams being able to pass the ball and probably create a lot more chances.

It's up to us to set the tempo of the game, a few hard challenges early in, early shots on goal.

I've got a good feeling and I'm going for:

Rovers 3 - 1 Burnley

Blackburn v Burnley

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not on in Aus Matty, ESPN are showing Sheff Utd V Arsenal.

I thought you could not get Radio Lancs outside the U.K too American, but had no trouble listening live to the game at the turd ?

Not sure how legal it is, but something about going through an English proxy server.

Come on Modes98, let us in on the secret- what are the two ways we can access the game over the internet?

Would the stream be good enough to put up on a screen in a bar?

As is on my other post, i am a member at freelivefootball they have got 2 links to the game. one using real player and one using coolstreaming. i am not sure if i am aloud to give out the links or not i don't see why i can't. But then again i don't want loads of people stopping me getting on wink.gif

I am a bit unsure about the coolstreaming link as it just seems to be normal espn but i have been assured it will show the game live. The stream is as good as your net can handle apparently, as i only have 512kps i have not been able to try this out! i'll keep you informed if it works, if not its rovers world for me!

Edited by modes98

Interesting the way the team lineup was put on the official site:

Rovers likely squad: Friedel, Neill, Nelsen, Mokoena, Johansson, Emerton, Tugay, Savage, Pedersen, Dickov, Gallagher

No goals again then, unless MGP can save us. That's if that team is true...

Plenty of press coverage this morning.

In addition to The Sun reporting that Steve Cotteril got bleeped on 5 Live for saying on air what he would say to opposition fans, we have:

Fortress Ewood in The Guardian

The Independent on Burnley woes

More about swimming baths, Dubai and security preparations in The Times

Edited by philipl

No it's not on in Aus Matty, ESPN are showing Sheff Utd V Arsenal.

I thought you could not get Radio Lancs outside the U.K too American, but had no trouble listening live to the game at the turd ?

Must be a different ESPN. Definitely listed as showing it in Asia. I'm getting worried

Somebody's probably mentioned it but RadioRovers is available to all online tonight.

Just watched an interview with MGP on Rovers World, saying how much he enjoyed the game and atmosphere at Turd Moor and looking forward to tonight. At the end of the interview -

Wendy: " what has happened to your hat?"

Morton inclines his head to show that the entire top of his woolly hat has been cut off and his hair sticking up through the hole -

Morten "Somebody's cut it off!"

Wendy - "I thought you were having a bad hair day"

Morton (grinning) - "No, I don't have bad hair days"

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

not sure if this has already been posted but this is a quote from our neighbours manager:

"I like Jose Mourinho. He is a top manager, who says it as it is.

Until you are a manager and have been in those pressure-cooker environments, you can't understand what it is like" - So says, erm, Dingledome boss Steve Cotterill.

Morning has broken on the big day, bright and clear, for now. As the day draws on, and the clouds gather over east Lancashire the anticipation of a famous derby win for the supporters of both teams grows by the hour.

For all the talk in the press of crowd control and supporters infiltration, I have a feeling that once the game starts all thoughts and energies will be focussed on the game, and personally think that with the fact that the tie must be decided tonight, and the lure of an emanantley winnable home quarter final waiting, the game will be much more attractive and open then the first.

The smart money is on a Rovers victory, home side, premiership players, recent history and so on all favouring the aristocrats. But, as Rovers fans know very well, (Ipswich, Charlton, Coventry, Stockport, Trelleborg, Bournemouth and so on), Ewood Park has a strange benevolent streak in it when it comes to knock out competitions.

Pre match focus amongst the supporters has centred around ticket sales and who has the best fans, with both sides claiming their lot sell out miles quicker and sang louder than the others in the first tie. All good humoured banter, n`est pas but with a virtual sell out tonight and the prospect of no further duals for some many a year the pressure is on Rovers home supporters to do their bit and shut the neighbours up for good.

And so, as the lights come on at Ewood tonight, and the coaches rumble down the M65, the clouds broken only by the blades of the police helicopter,another chapter begins in the story of footballs oldest derby.

Behave tonight and see you no, nay never again Burnley!

There really is no excuse for loosing this one. Our super fit squad of twenty plus players have had a trip to Dubai whilst the reminents of the dingles team have been continuing their loosing streak. Surely it should be no trouble for Rovers to dictate the pace and have em chasing shadows throughout the game. The opportunity to get into the next round could not be bigger.

So why do I feel so nervous? Probably because Rovers have a habit of messing the easy things up. I'd be a lot more confident if we had someone who could finish on a regular basis.

Even despite Rovers talents for messing up the easy stuff I'm still going for a rovers win 2-0. Prefer a more experienced striker than Jemal on the bench and maybe this is the perfect opportunity for Stead to score.