BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Entrance Music

Two Tribes? Rocky is good aswell! In general something to get us going!!

Was this directed to me? Well, I'm diveded between two tribes, but not Sunderland. My Norwegian hometown team Molde and Rovers are my two teams. Since I am a student I can neither afford nor have the time to go to Ewood every other saturday. Just enjoying watching football for £13!!!! at the SOFL from time to time.

BTW you should appreciate the freedom you have to choose your own entrance theme here in England. In Norway all the Prem. Teams are obliged to have the same offical theme. But we introduce the players when they are lined up on the pitch tough, raising their hands and so on...

I think the 'Two Tribes' bit is the Frankie Goes to Hollywood song.

How about 'back by dope demand' for entrance music? Cracking track, although maybe not particularly politically correct!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be "i am the music man..."!! biggrin.gif

can you just imagine it, all the blackburn end joining in with the pia-pia-piano, bagpipes, match of the day, and then the Dambusters!

that would make my day.

On a seriuos note, have to agree with the rocky theme tune (not eye of the tiger). That is a quality tune.

Please no Final Countdown, no Rocky theme tunes and definitely no Status Quo or Queen, these have all been done to death. We aren't a blooming ice hockey team for Christ's sake.

What about "Come on the Rovers" or, even better. "By Gum We'll Make it a Day".

Adopted Scouser - Check Page 1 of the FA Cup V Leicester thread .... you surely cannot dispute the sentiment (or the top brass panache of the Eagley posse - probably mostly trotters as well wink.gif .... As for the best Killing Joke track for the Rovers to come onto the pitch to, if not the one highlighted below, perhaps 'Wardance'?!?

Oh if you're going to Cardiff clap your hands!!

It better be the Sunday semi-final game too

I think more analysis needs to be given over to what people should expect to get for their money at Ewood. I believe the club does not cater sufficiently for niche markets ( some quite large in number ) and assumes everyone wants the same experience on their attendance. Those 17 year old Slipknot/Eminem fans who'll pay 20 + quid for a mosh at a gig are now turned off by the insipid all seating environment that exists across the whole ground... why not cater for them with a 'Flag-waving/scarf twirling area' where there is an understanding that views may be restricted, seating is unreserved and it is likely to be acceptably boisterous? Different parts of the ground should be materially different in what is on offer to the fan; no one should be allowed to believe they have an inalienable right to adopt their method of support wherever they choose (ie tartan rugs and infants out of the Blackburn End lower, foul-mouthed yobs out of the Jack Walker upper-central etc).

What about klaxons and air-horns to fuel the Blackburn End chorus - give the drummer a chance to vary his instrumental repertoire? Issue free 250 old-fashioned heavy wooden rattles to raise the volume and percussive intensity. What about several official 'flare firers' at secure points around the ground (all fully health and safety accredited, of course), blue and white particulate smoke wafting across the pitch before kickoff will particularly enhance the atmosphere.

Play imposing and adrenaline inducing music over the PA prematch and half-time (eg Killing Joke's Dominator) to feed a crowd frenzy...although not necessarily across the whole stadium.

But vitally, do all the above when we've got a huge crowd of young fans in the stadium (kids for a quid, top tenner days) and let them know that it is regularly going to be like this...even a defeat or poor performance on the pitch might be better endured if all the home fans feel they have pulled together...

Going back to niche markets more adventurous catering and pricing in the food/drink outlets could help (good coffee, Halaal burgers/kebabs, sushi occasionally)...what about drink promotions in the concourse bars a couple of hours before the game to get fans in the ground early ( and cranked up). Radical but what about a few anchored bar stool seats near some of the kiosks?

Finally, get rid of the preponderance of grey and beige around the ground, more blue and white paint work everywhere will reinforce the Rovers identity and make Ewood more our den.

None of this is rocket science, a lot is rather retro, but it isn't simply a matter of getting people to Ewood Park, it's about making them want to keep coming and allowing them to get out of it whatever it is they really want/enjoy. Of course a winning team does always help….

Excellent post Billinge. Can we please also stop applauding the opposition keeper as he runs to the Blackburn End nets either at the start of the game or start of the second half. The only thing it does is make him feel more at home. Applaud him after the game by all means. Today, the Leicester fans continually gave Brad stick whilst he was defending the Darwen End nets. Most of the Blackburn End gave their keeper polite applause.

To be honest I couldn't care less how are fans treat the opposition goalkeepers.

Boo him, clap him whatever.

How the Leicester fans treated Friedel was a bit childish and very original.

I laughed at what the Leicester fans chanted whilst Friedel was taking his goal kicks in the second half.

4. Orgasmatron-Sepultura

How dare you! How dare you! I think you'll find that's just a cover version and the mighty Motorhead's version is far superior. It drives me mad when bands get undeserved credit for covering other peoples songs.

How's about Rovers coming out to the Grammy award winning "Whiplash" by Motorhead then? laugh.gif

or "Overkill". Or "Ceremony" by New Order. I was actually quite happy with "All These Things That I've Done" by the Killers that they started playing recently.

I know it's a Motorhead song, but I've only heard the Sepultura version, so I I could only mention that version. How about Sweden by Divine Comedy, or Songs of Love by the same band. The latter being the Father Ted theme tune as well.

Can we please also stop applauding the opposition keeper as he runs to the Blackburn End nets either at the start of the game or start of the second half. The only thing it does is make him feel more at home. Applaud him after the game by all means. Today, the Leicester fans continually gave Brad stick whilst he was defending the Darwen End nets. Most of the Blackburn End gave their keeper polite applause.

But as Dale Arden said to Princess Aura when she said she would honour her wedding vows and not sink to the level of the evil Ming the Merciless, "That's what makes us better than you."

You can learn a lot from Flash..

4. Orgasmatron-Sepultura

How dare you! How dare you! I think you'll find that's just a cover version and the mighty Motorhead's version is far superior. It drives me mad when bands get undeserved credit for covering other peoples songs.

How's about Rovers coming out to the Grammy award winning "Whiplash" by Motorhead then? laugh.gif

or "Overkill". Or "Ceremony" by New Order. I was actually quite happy with "All These Things That I've Done" by the Killers that they started playing recently.

I know it's a Motorhead song, but I've only heard the Sepultura version, so I I could only mention that version. How about Sweden by Divine Comedy, or Songs of Love by the same band. The latter being the Father Ted theme tune as well.

Out of interest, is it covered by old (decent) Sepultura or new (mallcore trash) Sepultura?

I have an audio tape of Radio Rovers from a home game v Huddersfield Town in the 2nd Div. I play it from time to time. I enjoy it.

There's an interview with Tony Parkes. We'd just beaten Liverpool at Anfield in the cup. I think Nathan Blake scored from a McAteer cross.

Scott Sellars and George Donis are in Huddersfield's squad.

The music starts with Final Countdown then goes into D J Sakin & Friends' "Protect your mind (for the love of a princess)" and finishes with Queen's "We will rock you".

This was always my favourite pre kick off compilation.

Edited by bazza

4. Orgasmatron-Sepultura

Out of interest, is it covered by old (decent) Sepultura or new (mallcore trash) Sepultura?

its on 'The Roots Of Spepultura' i believe.

Excellent post Billinge. Can we please also stop applauding the opposition keeper as he runs to the Blackburn End nets either at the start of the game or start of the second half. The only thing it does is make him feel more at home.

I've been saying this for years mad.gif

Why the hell do we make them feel at home? to nice in my book although the coins usually thrown at Schmeichel is going a bit to far ph34r.gif

Can we please also stop applauding the opposition keeper as he runs to the Blackburn End nets either at the start of the game or start of the second half. The only thing it does is make him feel more at home. Applaud him after the game by all means. Today, the Leicester fans continually gave Brad stick whilst he was defending the Darwen End nets. Most of the Blackburn End gave their keeper polite applause.

But as Dale Arden said to Princess Aura when she said she would honour her wedding vows and not sink to the level of the evil Ming the Merciless, "That's what makes us better than you."

You can learn a lot from Flash..

awesome

If only t'young folk of today would watch a bit of flash, the world would be a better place....

Excellent post Billinge.  Can we please also stop applauding the opposition keeper as he runs to the Blackburn End nets either at the start of the game or start of the second half. The only thing it does is make him feel more at home. Applaud him after the game by all means. Today, the Leicester fans continually gave Brad stick whilst he was defending the Darwen End nets. Most of the Blackburn End gave their keeper polite applause.

nah its just a football thing, its a tradition what most clubs do, saw everton do it to Brad the other week. Dont really know why, just respect.

Edited by Blackpool_Rover

Given our new negative stifling tactics, what about "I'm Bored" by Iggy Pop?

Aye, that's a classic biggrin.gif My choice could be Saint Etienne's You're in a Bad Way. Everything 90's are soon in again, and what could be more 90's than Blackburn Rovers and Saint Etienne? wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.