SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for the rest of us its pubs and couches, but not a live broadcast.  Yes; for those of us in Australia, the early kickoff must have thrown a spanner in the works for our friends at SBS and THEIR tv schedule.  So instead of seeing a live football game at 9:15, SBS will delay telecast till 10:45.

http://www.sbs.com.au/whatson/index.php3?progdate=16:04:2005

mad.gif  sad.gif  ohmy.gif  mad.gif

The bastwearads mad.gif

Well that'll be phones switched off/off the hook etc and a media blackout.

I might look at giving SBS a call within the next few days to query why that is so, and why the hell it would hurt to change it to a live broadcast to live.

SA Rover you should certainly give them a call and so should any other Aussie Rovers fan (and arsehole fans aswell). I called and spoke to a fairly docile chap. I did refrain from using naughty words smile.gif Also email Damo at fanscorner@sbs.com.au Yeah, its only the stupid Rock wiz show and a documentary about dogs. Oh dear. sad.gifmad.gif

In the other the other major games I had no doubt we would sell 30'000ish, but for this one I dont really know what to expect. It really could be anything between 10,000 and 30,000.

on the cardiff bay subject- thats where my hotel is- anyone know the names of some of the pubs?

And where people are meeting?

would be good to be surrounded by fellow roverites.

as far a ticket sales go, there are 6 of us ST holders but we need to buy 3 more tickets for friends that no longer live in blackburn (2 of which will not have a history as they havent been to ewood for years), so we will have to wait for the time being.

around 18,000 blues for me.

Edited by SD4E

Someone asked about pubs. Been to Cardiff twice for cup finals and the best pub in town is the Prince Of Wales. It's a converted theatre (So we were told) and it's a Whetherspoons, so it's cheap and effing huuuuuge.

Is that the one just near the ground that has a few different floors and has balconies around, with a space in the middle to see down all floors?

Someone asked about pubs. Been to Cardiff twice for cup finals and the best pub in town is the Prince Of Wales. It's a converted theatre (So we were told) and it's a Whetherspoons, so it's cheap and effing huuuuuge.

It's a couple of years since I read it, but isn't the Prince Of Wales the home of the Soul Crew acording to the book of the same name ?

It's a couple of years since I read it, but isn't the Prince Of Wales the home of the Soul Crew acording to the book of the same name ?

I'm just reading that book again myself actually, about the good old days blink.gif

Your nearly right though Glenn - a lot of The Soul Crew like to frequent that pub according to the book - but they don't actually live there. It's not their home - just a pub.

Just got back after an interesting 30 minutes at the ticket office.

a few pointers

To date Rovers have sold 7000 or plus tickets PLUS they also have a waiting list of approximately 7000 tickets that are being processed on Saturday (tickets purchased by season tickets holder for friends etc).

As I stood at the window ordering my tickets along with my mate we tried to purchase tickets for 2 juveniles, 1 is 9 t'other is 11. Looking at the areas we saw that concessions were only being given for the family stand. As we all wanted to take our places on the famous North Stand we found that the ticket cost for these two kids was a massive £90.00. That price is ludricous.

After a bit of chit chat with the member of staff, who might I add was extremely courteous and helpful, it became clear that although there are 5 adults with 2 kids we were not allowed to be in the family stand together. Quite shocking but after the intervention of the member of staff, we got our tickets with the concessions and ALL sat together. So a big fat PLUS for the club on that. They couldnt have been any more accomodating.

As I awaited the booking of 12 extra tickets for our friends, (my mate was filling in his form), I entered a nice conversation with some of our female supporters who sit near us in the Lower Blackburn End. If your reading ladies you will remember the chat. Now these lovely ladies wanted 7 tickets in order that they could all sit together in the same stand. However, they only had the requirement criteria to obtain 6 tickets. I listened intently to their conversation with the staff but as I left they were still no nearer getting their tickets having travelled to the ground this morning. For the life of me, in the knowledge that we have only shifted a maximum of 50% of the available tickets, I cannot fathom out in any way, shape or form why the ladies could not have been given just 1 extra ticket. There is no way in this world that Rovers are shifting 30k tickets, Arsenal themselves are struggling to shift 20k plus.

They told me of another longstanding supporter of 45yrs PLUS who simply could not be given an extra ticket and who is now contemplating missing out on this game through red tape beaurocracy.

Its the same old story of a little rule being bended. AFTER ALL we will never be shifting more than 25k of the ticket allocation. This is an opportunity for Rovers to have alloowed fans to purchase an extra ticket just in case that said person was contemplating purchasing a season ticket or even just becoming a regular supporter.

Rovers just cannot seem to get it right for some. I cannot and am not complaining as they sorted me and my mate out no problem. Its just that they seem unable to go that little bit further in trying to ease what surely is a very small problem.

Anyhow Its all systems go. Cardiff here we come withstupid.gif