BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

As this thread seems to have turned into another attendance debate I guess this can go in here.

Observer story about the decline in away fans this season

At least the clubs are looking at ways to improve things. I suspect the damage has already been done though.

Don't know how the hell this would work

However, I think the thing about this proposal is 'how cheap' - because if say the home fans are paying £40/50 ala Chelski and away fans pay £30 for example - that is still not cheap in my book.

Add to that the likelihood of home fans trying to get away tickets because they are cheaper.

However, as you say Scotty it would appear it is case of after the horse has bolted and the damage is already done.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap tickets for away fans? They have to be joking...if it becomes cheaper for the away support than the home I may well not buy an ST. That is grossly unfair practice and must surely break some Trading Standards rule somewhere.

I find that article U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!!!!! blink.gif

Having read it I'm more convinced than ever that the top football brass are becoming more and more detached from reality.Have the away fans paying less than home fans?,should go down a treat eh....yeah too right.

How about lowering the prices across the board for ALL football supporters you set of FA puppet gobshytes and then, low and behold!, rolleyes.gif

you will very possibly see the trend of falling attendances reversed

THE SHEER GENIUS OF IT ohmy.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Just phoned the ticket office.

No family tickets left, no cheap seats, so looking at £45 EACH for me, the wife and the three kids. £225, not including travel, lunch, parking etc.

You know what? Screw that.

well, i could not moan about the ticket prices too much as i would pretty much go wherever and whatever for a rovers fa cup semi-final, but i will have a moan about the ruddy trains again.

Marvellous - £50.50 to get hull - cardiff - sorted so we have no busses on the journey now, all train, all the way.

Ring up to book the tickets, "sorry - none available" apparently apex return tickets are subject to availability and guess ?? "none available"

How many people are gonna be going on that train, there will not be more than me and my old man stood on the platform at 5.10 am on the 16th April heading to cardiff. ohmy.gif chuffin joke!! so its now its the best part of £85.

For some reason i dont object paying the prices for the game, but i am steaming at the thought of branson taking more money of me for his stinking virgin train ride.

For some reason i dont object paying the prices for the game, but i am steaming at the thought of branson taking more money of me for his stinking virgin train ride.

I think he only owns 51% of the company.

Got my tickets for the Semi today, me and my Dad, cheeky buggers, £4 flipping charge when doing it over the phone. Thats £95 for the 2 of us, this price and stopped me taking mates to the game who are non Blackburn fans which is a bit ######. Surely they coulda had more of the £25 tickets and £35 tickets last time, for the worthy cup final, it was £15 for me (i was u16 then) and £30 for my dad. How times change!

tinykit.gif

No family tickets left, no cheap seats, so looking at £45 EACH for me, the wife and the three kids. £225, not including travel, lunch, parking etc.

You know what? Screw that.

Just got mine too. Same story...... Only tickets left are £45 and £55. Given that there are not all that many of those in the millenium stadium and that all the £25-35 have gone then it looks like we will be pretty well supported.

I bet you dont know whether to laugh or cry tmap! Tell you what you should try to think more positively than simply saying 'screw that'. Dont go and save your money instead so that you can afford the best tickets in the house for the final and then you can have a real day to remember. rover.gif

If people really want cheap tickets it may be worth hanging on for a bit. As others have pointed out the club have to sell the tickets in a certain order and as such some of the cheap ones round the other side are not on sale yet. If however we sell out all the way across then they will free up some more cheap ones.

No family tickets left, no cheap seats, so looking at £45 EACH for me, the wife and the three kids.  £225, not including travel, lunch, parking etc.

You know what?  Screw that.

Just got mine too. Same story...... Only tickets left are £45 and £55. Given that there are not all that many of those in the millenium stadium and that all the £25-35 have gone then it looks like we will be pretty well supported.

I bet you dont know whether to laugh or cry tmap! Tell you what you should try to think more positively than simply saying 'screw that'. Dont go and save your money instead so that you can afford the best tickets in the house for the final and then you can have a real day to remember. rover.gif

Hopefully the club will have extra selling phases to prevent injustices like ST holders who didn't go to the sem-final getting tickets for the final before those that did.

As seats would be at a premium it should therefore be ST holders/Away ST holders who went to the Semi first and the 'excuse makers' after that. Maybe even put the non-ST holders who went to Cardiff in front of them too.....teach!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Blue and White Army

No but when tickets are at a premium it should goto those who have put their money and support where their mouth is i.e those prepared to make 2 trips to cardiff........namely me biggrin.gif

Edited by Blue and White Army

Got my 35 tickets, £3462346246246246 in total....

Anyway, me, my mates and a plane full of Norwegians will be arriving in Cardiff Friday evening. We are up for a few pints and many one Rovers song! Where are you guys planning to go on the Friday night?

Edited by PennyDuff

No but when tickets are at a premium it should goto those who have put their money and support where their mouth is i.e those prepared to make 2 trips to cardiff........namely me biggrin.gif

IF we reach the final tickets will first go to season ticket holders as always. Can't see any reason for that to change simply because its the FA Cup Final.

One of the perks of being a season ticket holder