BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

Mmm, I'd disagree a bit with that I think it's been the players, losing the Cup, the Maschawotsit and Tevez debacle, uncertain ownership and a large dose of the players having the big time charlie attitude. They acted like they'd made it. I'll be pencilling them in for a win on the 17th though :rolleyes:

I agree, but the point I'm making is that it seemed to me Pardew who turned them (or allowed them to turn) from a team of journeyman playing as well as they could into a bunch of big-time charlie's who believed their own hype. His Capt Smug attitude can't have helped that.

He was poor against Pompey, heh heh here's the funny bit, I thought he had a stinker in the second half, didn't even hear his name then I found out he was pulled at halftime for illness dummy me.

When I'm ill, all I get is a paracetomol :blink:

Sorry, I'll get me coat...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How fortunate are we to get Warnock in place of Lucas. I have been very very impressed with Mr Warnock from what I have seen. He was poor against Pompey, heh heh here's the funny bit, I thought he had a stinker in the second half, didn't even hear his name then I found out he was pulled at halftime for illness dummy me.

That's amazing, he scored after being taken off! (I know you meant Arsenal, im just nit picking)

Discontent in the Whammers dressing room.... here's Lucash's take on it

Rift?..... What Rift?

I saw the interview with him on Sky Sports.

He's still hopeful of staying up but it will be a tough ask and basically said that they find themselves in this position because of inexperience. He said it's up to ol' fellas like him to bring the younger players on. Like sorry Lucas, but what the feck have you basically achieved in your life. In fairness you gave us five good seasons, but it's not as if you're a world beater or someone that a younger player can look upon you as an icon.

The yellow-bellies in Sky Sports, didn't have the guts to ask him was he there for the long haul. Would have been nice to see his reaction to that one. Good luck in the El' Championship next season.

Information regarding wham players.

They are not allowed to give interviews to SKY or any broadcasters without the express permission of their manager. Furthermore, they are not allowed to be asked questions as to whether or not they will be remaining at the club should the club get relegated. Any such q's are taboo within wham as they wish to promote a positive image.

Also, old egghead has stopped any broadcaster from interviewng him or any other board members until relegation is confirmed or otherwise.

:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry to drag this up but what has he done to deserve this (from the bbc gossip page)

West Ham captain Lucas Neill wants the club to raise his salary just 10 months after joining them. (Mirror)

I thought that he was on quite a high wage with them anyway and thats why he turned down liverpool

Sorry to drag this up but what has he done to deserve this (from the bbc gossip page)

West Ham captain Lucas Neill wants the club to raise his salary just 10 months after joining them. (Mirror)

I thought that he was on quite a high wage with them anyway and thats why he turned down liverpool

Altogether now "one VERY greedy basket, there's only one VERY greedy basket"

Seriously- he's been the erstwhile captain of a not very good team- why would anyone give hima pay rise? Also how many bookings has he managed so far??

Thank god we're rid. Myself and USA were probably alone twelve months ago in saying how much having a "bad apple" in the ranks would be affecting team morale and performances. That's even without allowing for the fact he's a midfielder playing at full back.

Look how much we've improved since he left.

Thank god we're rid. Myself and USA were probably alone twelve months ago in saying how much having a "bad apple" in the ranks would be affecting team morale and performances. That's even without allowing for the fact he's a midfielder playing at full back.

Look how much we've improved since he left.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Niell is the epitomy of much of what is negative about the present day Premier League.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Niell is the epitomy of much of what is negative about the present day Premier League.

You mean a player who always played for the club even when fans had turned on him and he had been prevented from moving to a bigger team? It was a shame to see him end up at West Ham and really the issue is over, but I think the premier league would be a better place if more played like Neill did. You always knew he was going to fight for the cause.

You mean a player who always played for the club even when fans had turned on him and he had been prevented from moving to a bigger team? It was a shame to see him end up at West Ham and really the issue is over, but I think the premier league would be a better place if more played like Neill did. You always knew he was going to fight for the cause.

I broadly agree with this. Neill was a terifically committed player for us and often put in excellent performances. He had his poor periods but he represented fantastic value for the million and half we signed him for.

However he has clealry made a concious decision t otry and get together as much money as he can. All's fair in business I suppose but if you push your employer too much, especially if you have not played too many games and not that well when you are in, then you might get pushed back.

I suppose Niell's logic might be that if he doesn't get a pay rise and gets shipped out then thats another signing on fee...

Not sure who you are on about but I was referring to the leg breaking liability who, for most of his with us was cr@p, bar a season and a half either side of the last world cup. On the strength of that the player I was referring to decided BRFC, the club that had put up with constant suspensions and erratic performances, were no longer good enough for him so he f***** off. Not before lying about his undying love of Liverpool and making childish gestures to supporters who had contributed towards his wages.

THATS who I mean.

I broadly agree with this. Neill was a terifically committed player for us and often put in excellent performances. He had his poor periods but he represented fantastic value for the million and half we signed him for.

We signed him for 600,000 although this might have risen a bit from appearance clauses etc/

The one and a half million I think is what we eventually sold him for...which is also what we apparently paid for Warnock.

Not sure who you are on about but I was referring to the leg breaking liability who, for most of his with us was cr@p, bar a season and a half either side of the last world cup. On the strength of that the player I was referring to decided BRFC, the club that had put up with constant suspensions and erratic performances, were no longer good enough for him so he f***** off. Not before lying about his undying love of Liverpool and making childish gestures to supporters who had contributed towards his wages.

THATS who I mean.

Lay off it, you sound like some Arsenal or Chelsea fan bringing up the bully boys tag. We can't pick and choose when to use it and only like it when it's against a former player. Neill didn't "f**** off", he actually told us well ahead of time that he had no intention of renewing his contract (which is as much within his rights as it is for you or I) and then he continued to play his heart out every time he stepped onto the pitch. Had he not continued to put in the effort then I would have had a problem with it, but he behaved really like a model professional. Of course I want every player to want to stay here for their entire careers if they are wanted, but realistically players are going to look for more money and bigger clubs, just like you or I would if we were playing for a team who we didn't support. It's not unusual for players to become unhappy or want to leave the club they are at, essentially that is what happened to Neill and we had every opportunity to sell him the summer before. What is unusual is for a player to play with the same commitment even after their desire to leave has been made public, some of the fans have turned on them and it is clear that they are leaving in the near-future. His decision to go to West Ham was an odd one, he sometimes fell foul of a red mist and he wasn't the perfect defender, but he was a very good player and one who did a good job for the team.

THATS who I mean.

Ha ha, reality check needed

:lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.