BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

Whilst it won't be too nice for lucash to get relegated i'm hardly thinking it'll be sweet revenge on the chap. He'll just jump ship to somewhere else and get another big payday, which is pretty sickening.

Why on earth would he ever want to do that? That is unless WHU pay up his contract / have already written in that the deal is null and void if they go down.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth would he ever want to do that? That is unless WHU pay up his contract / have already written in that the deal is null and void if they go down.

I could be wrong but it's my understanding he has a clause in his contract that let's him leave for just £500k if WHU are relegated.

WILL HE PLAY AGAIN BEFORE THEY ARE RELEGATED HAHAHAHA.....HOW MUCH WONGA HAS HE EARNED FOR 30 MINS FOOTY ...HAHA MR ICELAND GET A BIG FAT MUG TAT ON YER FOREHEAD..HAHAHA...

CHALLENGE???

YOU WOULD OF BEEN BETTER WATCHING OLD BULLSEYE ON "challlenge" TV LUCASH HAHA...HOPE NOONE COMES AFTER YOU AND YOU HAVE TO ENJOY SOME FLAT POP

WILL HE PLAY AGAIN BEFORE THEY ARE RELEGATED HAHAHAHA.....HOW MUCH WONGA HAS HE EARNED FOR 30 MINS FOOTY ...HAHA MR ICELAND GET A BIG FAT MUG TAT ON YER FOREHEAD..HAHAHA...

CHALLENGE???

YOU WOULD OF BEEN BETTER WATCHING OLD BULLSEYE ON "challlenge" TV LUCASH HAHA...HOPE NOONE COMES AFTER YOU AND YOU HAVE TO ENJOY SOME FLAT POP

sorry ABBS but the amount of "wonga" Neill is on it is him who will have the last laugh.

Would we have him back?

Perhaps on the right terms I think.

No

He wouldn't be our best right back- that was Emo when Lucas was here. He wouldn't be our best left back, that's Warnock and he wouldn't be one of our best centre backs- those are well every one that we have is better than him. So why waste the cash?

i know ,i was having a pop at the icelander

my dislike to wham has nothing to do with Lucas. it's to do with their fans having 'delusions of grandeur' and they wear that disgusting kit!

I've heard 'golam' is only a figure-head and has only invested 10M of his own money. I bet his fellow investors are furious with him.

he should've stuck to biscuits.

Well I think that pretty much guarentees West Ham's relegation. I know there's still a fair few points to play for but from the games I've seen (rovers and on tv) charlton are a poor outfit. And if they can't beat charlton ina game of that magnitude they might as well give up.

Whilst I like the club, as others have commentated having a club with such financial backing not competing against us next year - both in the league and transfer market - would be very advantagious. Looking at how close the championship is at the moment, west ham may well struggle to get back out, especially when considering the exodus of talent that inevitably follows relegation.

Whilst it won't be too nice for lucash to get relegated i'm hardly thinking it'll be sweet revenge on the chap. He'll just jump ship to somewhere else and get another big payday, which is pretty sickening. Still his marketability and reputation must have sunk a few notches and i'm not sure too many big clubs will want to take on a player with such a reputation as a mercenary.

Having watched MOTD it is absolutely clear that 7 or 8 West Ham players clearly have no stomach for putting the effort in. It makes you appreciate the work ethic here even more, even when we think Rovers aren't trying they are miles ahead of this bunch. So I think you are right. It's a shame - I liked Curbishley but maybe it is a case of a manager who is great at getting the best out of not-quite-good enough players who give their all not being able to step up to taking on the big-time charlie's and lots of cash? For me, the most surprising comment is on MOTD when Hansen said they should never have sacked Pardew - it appears to me he's the one who generated this situation and Curbishley will probably get the sack for it too.

As for Lucas, he has shown he is motivated by money alone so I doubt very much he will care what happens to West Ham and I believe he'll be at Liverpool next year with his tail between his legs...

Don't think Liverpool would go in for him after his comments when he chose west Ham

I personally think he'll end up goign abroad.

Me too, can’t see him getting anywhere near the wage he values himself at though. I can see Newcastle coming in for him (and paying stupid wages as well) which would save a bit of face for him.

As for him re-signing for us, like it was mentioned above, he doesn't fit the criteria for a Rovers signing - they have to be able to get in the first XI.

Roll on March 17th. I presume a polite clap is in order for such a model professional who was a wonderful servant to the club and after all was simply progressing up the career ladder by moving to such a super, well run club like West Ham. An excellent leader too, his public barracking of the moronic scum who occupy the Blackburn End was most masterful. I'll bring the prawn sandwiches shall I?

No

He wouldn't be our best right back- that was Emo when Lucas was here. He wouldn't be our best left back, that's Warnock and he wouldn't be one of our best centre backs- those are well every one that we have is better than him. So why waste the cash?

I would say yes.

He can do a decent job anywhere along the back four.

Which makes him a good squad player.

He is a good solid defender, shame about his ability to get sent off though.

No, I think Jan's right.

I don't care if he's versatile, there's absolutely no need for him, we have enough decent defenders at the club already.

In any case, we couldn't get him to sign a deal when he was here, how would we get him to sign one when he's at a different club? It doesn't make sense. He wanted a new challenge ... I reckon he's got one now alright!

It's nothing against Lucas Neill, it's just a logical thing not to go after him if West Ham go down. Leave him in the past.

[quote name=Bryan' date='Feb 26 2007, 12:45 ' post='493147]

He just fancied a lot of grief with his football, so he joined their club!Recent results must be hard to digestive though.

:) very good, bryan!

i resisted "that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes! "

QUOTE(Ricky @ Feb 26 2007, 12:26 )

Don't think Liverpool would go in for him after his comments when he chose west Ham

I personally think he'll end up goign abroad.

milan/ barca ? :D

they'll be plenty of prem teams who'll show an interest, but none of the top 4 will touch him.

West Ham's fortunes hit rock bottom earlier today as news emerged that Lucas Neill had been swallowed whole by a huge black cat, thought to be a puma. The incident happened at the Chadwell Heath training ground, where the Australian centre back had arrived early to work on his injured ankle. The big cat was believed to have escaped from the nearby Bluewater shopping centre, where a promotional event for the Gourmet Cat Food Company was mysteriously cancelled the previous day.

Manager Alan Curbishley told reporters: "This was the last thing we needed, to be honest. We are having a shocking run of results and are just looking for that little bit of luck to get our season going again. I knew something was up when I saw Lucas's daily pay check hadn't been touched, and then the caretaker told me what had happened. We are all gutted."

The furry creature also made off with striker Marlon Harewood's left leg, although this is not thought likely to impede his career.

Refusing to be disheartened, though, Curbishley quipped "you've got to see the funny side, I suppose. Only at West Ham could a black cat crossing our path cause us more bad luck. We've just got to pick ourselves up and get on with it - well not Lucas, obviously..."

However, more bad news was on its way for the Hammers as the FA announced that it was to dock them 28 points for fielding Argentine star Tevez when he clearly should have been playing for a bigger club.

Ex-player Julian Dicks was, as ever, available for comment.

I wonder what Lucas Neill must be thinking today!! :(

Probably what he's been thinking for the past 6 weeks or so - asking himself what on earth he has let himself in for and questioning the wisdom of joining a tea-pot second rate cockey outfit when he could be captaining a brilliant Rovers team with the potential of playing the 1st cup final at the new wembley.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.