SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Newcastle 3

American

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would say the result today is going to be a real joke of the season. lost all composure after shearer's goal.

we have a serious serious problem with our striker force. lost in their own world. except for bellamy.........

very very disappointing result!

maybe its the 4 5 1 tactic that cause today's match

and kuqi is a joke!!!!!!!! big joke!!!!

I am ashamed at that capitulation against a very poor Newcastle.

Neil will have earned a few points towards his desired transfer to NUFC with that stupid foul  to gift Shearer his goal.

The fact is that Rovers are crap and will struggle in The Championship next year.

They make me puke - useless garbage.

347688[/snapback]

if u have nothing construtive to say................. maybe u would like to consider shutting your mouth.....thank you smile.gif

Kuqi must be one of the worst strikers in the prem... hopefully he can get his act together, but from what i've seen of him so far this season he is garbage...

I dont get all this long ball nonsense, i dont know, maybe its just me but the long ball doesnt seem to work when you have a 4 foot tall striker... Anyway i am sure we will get better, i just hope its sooner rather than later!!

Dear oh Dear two bad sides unfortunately we were worse.

You would think it was Rovers who were down to ten men.

We are in big trouble make no mistake we have yet to play the top sides, a big rethink on our non existent strike force is needed Bellamy needs support.

And Lucas Neil needs to start thinking seriously about his game because at the moment he is a liability.

Only Man U next sad.gif

Shocking performance, we had them on the back foot for well over 60 mins and they win 3-0. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell happened. Also trying to figure out why I bother following this bloody team anymore. It only ever hurts.

And Kuqi is now officially worse than Grabbi.

sorry - we have been mugged - Rovers played well and Newcastle get two (good) but against the run of play goals.

Its just like watching Rovers under Souness

347690[/snapback]

Sorry but you don't play well and yet end up losing 3-0 at least not with a sorry excuse of a side we have.

Time for Jansen to have a P45,Kuqi to join the reserves and to pray that a striker or two appear mystically from somewhere.

Is this the worst Rovers side ever Jim huh.gifunsure.gif

Edited by SouthAussieRover

Dear oh dear, I am an absolutely dejected Rovers fan now....

Cant believe we lost it that way. Im sure if we played this game 100 more times, we would have at least got a 0-0 99 other times.

No finishing today from us. As usual. But to just throw in the towel like that and gift the poorest side I have seen in ages is suicidal.

Newcastle were utter rubbish and couldnt even make 2 passes.

What does that say about us?

Roll on Man Utd... sad.gif

Utter rubbish.

Maybe when playing away........ but at home!! Playing Bellamy on his own does not make sense. Also playing pointless high balls to him does make much either.

Looking at the fixtures coming up we have some tough times ahead. We were playing a team low on confidence and with a dodgy backline. However we never put them under enough pressure.

Edited by John

how anyone can defend the team right now is beyond me. I've followed Rovers for over a decade and this was perhaps the biggest pile of crap I have ever seen. Newcastle were beyond terrible. They were the worst premiership team I have ever seen for many, mnay years. From the first whistle, they were practically on their knees begging for a trashing. Now only did we not trash them, not only did we not win, we actually lost. And not only did we actually lose, we lost 3-0. Everyone was to blame. If we can't score against this team than we are hopeless. Hughes's stupid defensive 5-men midfield tactic is obviously not working. This is not how we are going to win games. Even if Hughes' only aim is to barely keep the team above relegation by scraping some 0-0 draws, maybe someone needs to tell him that we also actually have to win games, a task that becomes extremely hard with tactics like this one. With the excpetion of Bellamy, none of our players can actually take on and beat a man. This reduces our scoring opportunaties to some lucky rebounds or set pieces. Souness has made a joke of Newcastle, yet he still leaves with 3 points and a big victory because we are compeltely clueless and helpless.

I can't remember the last time I've felt this disgusted by a Rovers result.

What an entertaining afternoon that was (not).

Liverpool v ManU as bad a 0-0 as you can hope not to see then that freak game at Ewood

Goals 0-3

Shots on Target 7-3

Total shots 17-4

Two lessons to be drawn

1) Mark Hughes: 4-4-2 at Ewood when you are playing teams as poor as the one Newcastle put out

2) Geordies: ha ha, you're going to keep Souness now

I'm just devastated, and I'm feeling sorry for the players too. They played well until the 60th minute, and it was just bad luck, they didn't score.

Newcastle shouldn't have been 11 players on the pitch, when the second half started.

On a positive note, Bellamy looked alive, full of pace, nice first touch and dribbling despite his lack of match fitness.

Tugay should've started instead of Mokoena, who made absolutely nothing. Tugay had some excellent passes.

Why play 4-5-1 against a immensely amputated Newcastle, with a useless Lee Clark and Bowyer in the midfield. A Jansen-Bellamy-pairing would have brought us a goal in the first half, me thinks.

Come again, lads...

I'm just devastated, and I'm feeling sorry for the players too. They played well until the 60th minute, and it was just bad luck, they didn't score.

Newcastle shouldn't have been 11 players on the pitch, when the second half started.

On a positive note, Bellamy looked alive, full of pace, nice first touch and dribbling despite his lack of match fitness.

Tugay should've started instead of Mokoena, who made absolutely nothing. Tugay had some excellent passes.

Why play 4-5-1 against a immensely amputated Newcastle, with a useless Lee Clark and Bowyer in the midfield. A Jansen-Bellamy-pairing would have brought us a goal in the first half, me thinks.

Come again, lads...

347707[/snapback]

Not gonna happen Hughes is not worried about the lack of goals... {radio rovers} "we have to be defensivley soild first and foremost" despite scoring even less goals per game than last season.

3 bad halves is it now Mark?

Edited by OscarRaven

Shocked, stunned and very ###### off! ohmy.gifsad.gif

4-5-1- yet again and you wonder why our attendances are going through the floor with results like that.

P.S. Is Bellamy a striker or a winger?...he didn't seem to know himself,he appeared to be doing the work of others far too often for my liking.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

We are in the bottom 3 by the way.

Anyone else see Carr smash MGP across the face before feigning injury as MGP was about to skin him about a minute before the Neill "leap" which lead to the Shearer goal?

Gresko's distribution was woeful.

Owen's goal was not dissimilar to the one he scored against Berg for Liverpool at Ewood once.

Over all we played pretty decently except for carrying insufficient threat to a Newcastle rearguard which was there to be taken. Hughes carries the can for this one.

PS OscarRaven, that is the most profound of posts. blink.gif

Edited by philipl

We dominated the game but didn't score when we had the chances, Newcastle did. Simple as that really.

There were positives: Rovers kept the ball well at times, carved out some good chances, Bellamy and Reid were lively, only 1 player was booked and Jansen showed some decent touches when he came on.

On the downside, Riley was terrible for both sides, but that free-kick that Shearer scored never was. Defence went to sleep for the other 2 goals. Kuqi was god-awful, the midfield was quiet second half and we didn't take any of the chances we made.

All-in-all a rubbish result, not a bad performance - the goals aside - and we've really gotta bounce back in the next game. Oh, and 4-4-2 with Jansen and Bellamy up front would be nice.

We dominated the game but didn't score when we had the chances, Newcastle did. Simple as that really.

There were positives: Rovers kept the ball well at times, carved out some good chances, Bellamy and Reid were lively, only 1 player was booked and Jansen showed some decent touches when he came on.

On the downside, Riley was terrible for both sides, but that free-kick that Shearer scored never was. Defence went to sleep for the other 2 goals. Kuqi was god-awful, the midfield was quiet second half and we didn't take any of the chances we made.

All-in-all a rubbish result, not a bad performance - the goals aside - and we've really gotta bounce back in the next game. Oh, and 4-4-2 with Jansen and Bellamy up front would be nice.

347711[/snapback]

if you climb all over someone and dont get the ball then it's a free kick

To say that I'm angry would be putting it lightly. I wouldn't have believed it if we hadn't have won, but to lose to such a pathetic side beggers belief. There is no way in the world that Hughes should have played a 4-5-1 against a struggling side at home. If the likes of Dyer, Luque and Emre had all been playing, then it may have made a bit more sense. The service and support to Bellamy was cack. There's no doubt that we created enough chances to win a couple of games, but it is very disturbing to think that we didn't take any of them. I wanted to win this game so badly, just to shove it up Souness.

I thought that the defence looked solid enough, but then again it was up against a disfunctional attack, which still managed three goals against us! Yet again Blackburn are the team that a player scores his first goal of season against (Shearer & Owen), a player scores his first goal for his new club against (Owen & Baros) and a team get their first win of the season against.

But then again, what do you expect when you don't invest in quality players, to improve the team. This could be another long season. mad.gif

Mods how about a new heading for the homepage: "days since Rovers last goal"

I'm sorry but yeah we had 17 shots, but not one clear cut chance AGAIN. We prey that we'll get a goal from a lucky rebound, a free kick or a hopeful ball into the area. The fact is were not hurting teams nearly enough, and when the defence is as bad as Newcastle's that is shocking. 4-5-1 at home to the weakest Newcatsle starting 11 possible is suicidle-yeah Hughesey play it away to teams like Utd, Chelskia and the Gooners, but do not play it at home. Only 20,000 turned up today, and our next home game is against West Brom...cue our worst prem attendance since the prem started.

I'm not about to jump on Hughsey's back because he's done a great job, but have we ever equalised under his reign? When you go one nil down under him you know you've lost with this team. The commentators said "only 5 mins left but you feel Rovers can grab a couple of goals here"...we can't score though simple as. I'm afraid that this was a good chance today to get some fans back, but it's going to turn more and more away, who wants to watch a defensive formation at home with little chance of goals? After that I think I'd play our best 11 on tues/weds in the hope of regaining some much needed confidence...from somewhere.

Final note-Bellers looked lively but with shocking service I cant see this move working. Hes better than this and needs a partner-something Hughes is reluctant to do.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.