BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Newcastle 3

American

what do i need to push then?? i push reply quote!!

346830[/snapback]

Just delete the parts that you're not using...

and to reply to many in 1 is very hard considering they are all dispersed!!

346830[/snapback]

This button is there for that reason:

user posted image

Click that on the posts you want to reply to and it will add all the quotes for you when you click this button:

user posted image

sorry i do not know the etiquette!!! pfff

346830[/snapback]

That's alright pfffffff

Edited by LeChuck

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not funny if I have to explain  sad.gif

346948[/snapback]

I got it and I liked it if that's any consolation. Paul wouldn't understand the current petrol situation as he drives a pedal bike tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Is Sav the press officer down at Ewood now? Does this game need any further added needle?

Yes I say. Bring it on!

It better not be loud at Ewood on Sunday morning. If anyone near me even dares to sign I shall be complaining. Im out on saturday night and could do with a nice relaxing sunday morning, and perhaps a doze. Ewood on a matchday usually proves this. wink.gif

I want us to win this game so badly, just to bring Souness' date with the sack that bit closer. At the same time however, this could be another game of 'firsts', which always happen against Blackburn. This is because Blackburn are usually the team that another team get their first win against and a new player (Owen) gets his first goal for his new club. I don't want either of these things happening. I also want Craig Bellamy to sicken Souness with a match winning performance. I hope that Hughes goes with a 4-4-2 formation, with Pedersen, Reid, Savage and Bentley in midfield and Jansen and Bellamy up front.

3-1 to Rovers, with Bellamy, Jansen and Bentley scoring. Owen to get his first goal for the club.

I am not a medical expert but the sensible option would be for Bellamy to be on the bench. He did not have that great a pre-season with relation to fitness and must be woefully short of match practice.

Tempation to throw him in is obviously there but we need to be careful with Bellamy.

Would love to see Jansen and Bellamy start though but maybe not for this match.

This will be a really ugly game. Shearer and indeed almost all of the Newcastle team absolutely hate Bellamy. The text message saga that was reported has in fact been going on for months, and is still going on now. Shearer had to be restrained from driving all the way to Glasgow to batter Bellamy after one that came through last season. They will alll be lining up to kick Bellamy off the park.

For that reason, Bellamy won't start. Kuqi and Jansen will probably be the pairing, or maybe Bentley as his pace is good and Newcastle's isn't.

I suspect that we will end up with 10 against 10, and we will win it by a single goal.

Everyone else wants to know, though I'm trying to avoid the topic: Souness out?

hhmmm not just souness but the rest of his muppets, how many hamstring injurys can one club have, honestly though, the tide is turning on him, people have backed him, the media have a pop at fans booing and calling for his head, yes, its happened but most anger is directed at Shepherd, but i think unless we win on sunday we will be looking for a gaffer by monday

Don't know if anyone else picked this up ,but the bit about hamstrings is interesting. You could well have said the same at thimes when GS was at Rovers.

Newcastle have never won a Premiership game at Ewood Park, nor have they claimed maximum points on Blackburn turf since a 0-1 success in the old Second Division on 1 September 1990. The Toon have not cheered on a top flight victory at Blackburn for 44 years ago, since the 2-4 triumph on 29 April 1961.

BBC Preview

I see everyones favourite camp haidresser/pundit, Mark "Thatched Roof" Lawrenson has tipped us for defeat again. I nearly posted this before the Bolton game, but I am sure he has tipped us to lose every game so far this season.

The man is the Footballing equivalent of Mavis from Coronation St and I hope his budgie dies too...

Don't know if anyone else picked this up ,but the bit about hamstrings is interesting. You could well have said the same at thimes when GS was at Rovers.

347138[/snapback]

CAPT KAYOS  Sep 12 2005, 11:22 Post #10 

Uefa Cup

Group: Members

QUOTE(American @ Sep 12 2005, 01:38 )

hhmmm not just souness but the rest of his muppets, how many hamstring injurys can one club have,

Now where have seen this before 

--------------------

Catch up Laurence but be careful not to tweek anything tongue.gif

I see everyones favourite camp haidresser/pundit, Mark "Thatched Roof" Lawrenson has tipped us for defeat again. I nearly posted this before the Bolton game, but I am sure he has tipped us to lose every game so far this season.

The man is the Footballing equivalent of Mavis from Coronation St and I hope his budgie dies too...

347146[/snapback]

I thought Lawro had withdrawn from definitive predictions (which is boring) and now reserves the right to change his mind once the team is made public? He'll probably change his mind 10 times between now and Sunday depending on what the media have to say...

I think we'll win 2-1 and that Shearer will score a penalty. One of our goals may also be scored by somebody clever like Boomsong. Both sides to finish with less than 11 men, definitely 10 for Newcastle and possibly 9 for us by the end.

Edited by rosie

I think we'll win 2-1 and that Shearer will score a penalty.  One of our goals may also be scored by somebody clever like Boomsong.  Both sides to finish with less than 11 men, definitely 10 for Newcastle and possibly 9 for us by the end.

347150[/snapback]

Given your knowledge of things pertaining to Newcastle Rosie..the ace silver and house are as I speak being placed on your prediction!

I've just heard a rumour (no idea if it's true!) that the best supported club in world, with the most passionate fans have only sold 2,800 tickets to date!

Combine this with other topics concerning falling attendances.

Great North Run on Sunday and £6 on Sky.

We're selling them tickets at £30 with concessions.

Only 20,000 at Ewood on Sunday?

I think the result of this game depends how we approach it. Newcastle as much as I dislike them, they are good going forward (although their goals for column might disagree). Defensively however they are shambolic. If we go at them and pin them back we have every chance. On the other hand if we play 451 and play as very tightly we might just play striaght into their hands.

I would be extremely tempted to play 433 Bentley, Kuqi and Bellers (if fit) - that would shock GS, who will be expecting 451. )

It's going to be an interesting one - too tight to call. 1-0 either way I would suggest.

The most worrying thing about Newcastle is that Owen and Shearer are yet to score this season - A statistic which won't stay like that for much longer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.