Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going

• Yes, I have my ticket
    • Maybe, but haven't got a ticket yet
    • No and I could have been, I simply don't want to be / can'r be botherd
    • No, because other comitments take precidence
    • No, because I feel it's too much money for a game like this
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (although I live within the UK)
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (I don't live within the UK)
    • No, for different reason all together
    • Lee Grooby stole my ticket

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif i'm not going either,on the late shift at work,and had no intention off going weather we beat newcastle 3-0 or lost 3-0.

this is one competition we can win this season,i expect a steong team out and pavel abbott to give our defence the run around.to be totally honest i am not intrested in the result.

gate 8254 tinykit.gif

Believe Hughes will try his new 4-4-2 (so that bellamy can play) against a side like huddlesfield. Don't think any key player can rest the whole game. A win here is psychologically important considering the premiership fixtures ahead.

bellamy jansen/kuqi

MGP savage reid/tugay emerton

gresko nelsen zurab/mokoena neil

friedel

comfortable 3-0 if 4-4-2 works.

scrappy 2-1 if switches between 4-4-2 and 4-5-1

Let us forget last sunday! cool.gif

Edited by emglch

Wouldn't be 100% confident that we will play 4-4-2 guys: posted this in another thread but Hughes was on sky saying something along the lines of "it's not all about the formation to me, its about the players going out and knowing what they have to do". Cant remember the exact quote, but he obviously knows he's been getting stick off the fans and has defended it and denied that we amongst other clubs dont go out to win every match.

well in theory he should play his strongest possible 11...to try and get some goals scored and to try and get a little confidence running through the team.....but even when us fans can't think of any other way other than positive we have been thwarted...by another 4-5-1.

expect there not to be a crowd at ewood tomorrow...only for john noakes and shep sitting atop the lost world.

All this 'I can't be bothered to go' rubbish is doing my head in!

If you can't afford to go fine, I have no problem with that.

But if you simply can't be bothered, you ought to be ashmamed of yourselves.

Yes, we are playing boring football and yes Souness came back and stuffed us 3-0, but this is Blackburn Rovers, your Blackburn Rovers and they need you more than ever.

Remember the summer when there was no football? What would you have given then for a game like this? £10 at most - a bargain in my eyes.

I will be making a 210 mile round trip from Scunthorpe for the game, so those of you closer to Ewood who just can't be bothered should think again.

I go to watch Blackburn Rovers because rightly or wrongly I love my club. Every time I go I like to think in some small way I am helping the club and doing my bit. So I'm urging all those who can't be bothered to do your bit and help our club.

For all those who who attend the game I salute you. thumbs-up.gif

Yes, we are playing boring football and yes Souness came back and stuffed us 3-0, but this is Blackburn Rovers, your Blackburn Rovers and they need you more than ever.

Remember the summer when there was no football? What would you have given then for a game like this? £10 at most - a bargain in my eyes.

I will be making a 210 mile round trip from Scunthorpe for the game, so those of you closer to Ewood who just can't be bothered should think again.

I go to watch Blackburn Rovers because rightly or wrongly I love my club. Every time I go I like to think in some small way I am helping the club and doing my bit. So I'm urging all those who can't be bothered to do your bit and help our club.

For all those who who attend the game I salute you.  thumbs-up.gif

348208[/snapback]

well said martin mate, my thoughts exactly!! rover.gif

Im skint, Im struggling to find babysitters.........

But most of all I dont actually WANT to go. I love Rovers, Ive been going for over 15 years, missing only around 40 home games in all competitions in that time. Ive never not wanted to go, I could overcome the lack of babysitters if I really tried (or paid someone), I could pay for the tickets on the visa and pay it off when I get my overtime if I really wanted to.

Just recently though I am tired of going that extra mile. What reward do I get!

348208[/snapback]

I love that club as well, but Im not getting much back for the first time in years.

Huddersfield are only taking 2500

You can bet they`ll be in full voice though!

I`m still trying to get my mate to attend, but it looks like i`ll be on me todd again.

I shall be going with my wife as we attend all home matches but I am not as enthusiastic as normal after being in a state of depression since the weekend. At halftime on Saturday I had persuaded the chap who sits next to me get a ticket ,but at full time he said "After watching that lot I dont think I'll bother".

For all those who who attend the game I salute you.  thumbs-up.gif

348208[/snapback]

Well done Martin. Yes I am pi***d off but at times like this we need fellow fans like you. I'll be there and cheering on the blueboys. tinykit.gif

It's times like these and games like these when a true supporter steps forward, he turns up and supports the team when times aren't great, when the glory hunters are falling by the wayside.

'It's the cost' I hear some cry, bullocks, there's not many people that can afford to be on the internet can't find a tenner.

'Poor quality football' is another. We might not be playing great at the moment, but against a team two divisions below us we will play open and expansive football, it will probably be one of the most entertaining games of the season.

I've been through far worse times than now, in the 2nd and 3rd divisions and never turned my back on the club once. Supported far worse players than we have now. To be honest, they could send out the odd job man and tea lady to play, if they wore the shirt, I'd cheer them on.

I've no doubt the hangers on will be welcomed back with open arms by the club when the good times return ( can't believe I have to write this, things aren't that bad ). Just don't call yourself Loyal or True.

3 of us are going - £16 is a very fair price, surely it is better to give the club the money rather than seeing the Manchester Bucaneers on Saturday for the princely sum of £64.

Teletext are reporting what appears to be a full first team squad, no Matteo due to a fractured ankle.

Score - 4-1 to Rovers

Bothroyd has just scored for Charlton !!

Edited by Quack

It's times like these and games like these when a true supporter steps forward, he turns up and supports the team when times aren't great, when the glory hunters are falling by the wayside.

'It's the cost' I hear some cry, bullocks, there's not many people that can afford to be on the internet can't find a tenner.

'Poor quality football' is another. We might not be playing great at the moment, but against a team two divisions below us we will play open and expansive football, it will probably be one of the most entertaining games of the season.

I've been through far worse times than now, in the 2nd and 3rd divisions and never turned my back on the club once. Supported far worse players than we have now. To be honest, they could send out the odd job man and tea lady to play, if they wore the shirt, I'd cheer them on.

I've no doubt the hangers on will be welcomed back with open arms by the club when the good times return ( can't believe I have to write this, things aren't that bad ). Just don't call yourself Loyal or True.

348277[/snapback]

Total @#/?. If people don't want to go to the game, whatever their reason, then they have that right and it doesn't make them any worse a supporter than those that do.

If they don't go to the game, they're not supporting the club - simple.

348286[/snapback]

I'm not going to the game - yet I've been to every game so far this season, I went to 75% (at least) of the games (home & away) last season, and the season before, etc. I've been a season ticket holder for years and I've been going to watch Rovers for more than 25 years.

Am I a lesser supporter than someone going tomorrow?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.